Recent Topics

Ads

Buff Tank ability: Guard

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Dobzse

Buff Tank ability: Guard

Post#1 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:43 pm

Buff Guard: ability with taking it off the global cooldown, similar to kotbs/chosen auras it should have its own cooldown like 0.5 sec but definetly off the GCD.
It's frustrating when I can't guard switch quick enough eventhough I'am already spamming the guard skill on the right party member.

Also Guard should steal a fixed amount of agroo points from the part member receiving the guard. This would be on top of the passive -35% threat you get from the guarded target. There needs to be a 5-10 second internal cooldown so you don't end up guard swapping the whole party to collect agroo.
This change would allow to make pve fights more interesting for tanks and the party as well, as it enabled active threat management. It would also allow main and off tanks to catch up on agroo.

Please discuss give all your pros and cons.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Ads
Zxul

Re: Buff Tank ability: Guard

Post#2 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:05 pm

How about party members not going all glass cannon so they can survive the 1.5 sec by themselves?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Dobzse

Post#3 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:14 pm

Zxul wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:05 pm How about party members not going all glass cannon so they can survive the 1.5 sec by themselves?
I think this has very little to do with the topic. regardless of a player specc glass cannon or full defensive I'd still like to be able to switch guard quicker then it is now while using my skills.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer

knick

Post#4 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:22 pm

I compare Warhammer some times with a game of chess. Its not only mindless ability spamming but also a weight of possibilitys and a look in the future.
I prefer that mistakes have consequences and so should thoughtless guard switch
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Dobzse

Post#5 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:48 pm

knick wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:22 pm I compare Warhammer some times with a game of chess. Its not only mindless ability spamming but also a weight of possibilitys and a look in the future.
I prefer that mistakes have consequences and so should thoughtless guard switch
Yes so skills like Primal Fury +25% dmg for 10 sec can be off gcd while you spam slashing blade, but a skill that requires positioning/proper targeting/you have to sacrifice your own life to make it work is considered mindless spamming. Tanks have to still sacrifice hp, has to be in position, has to target the right player to make it work. It's complex enough as it is. Right now it is the Phase 1: Tanks, so buffing core tanks skills like Guard should be discussed in my honest humble opinion.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer

Scottx125

Post#6 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:06 pm

Only thing I agree with is that guard switch shouldn't be limited by GCD. Tanks shouldn't be punished for using their abilities while in combat to ensure they have their GCD free in order to allow them to swap quickly to a target. Might not seem like much but 1.5s can make the difference between saving a healer and losing a fight.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

knick

Post#7 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:16 pm

Primal Fury has 60 sec cooldown to 10 sec dmg buff. One kick one snare and the buff is wasted. Mistake done no dmg.
How long is the cooldown of guard switch?
There are always two sides of a medall.

You ask for opinions you got mine.

Dont know why you bring primal fury in this discussion. Two total different abilitys but im sure you know why...
Last edited by knick on Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Dobzse

Post#8 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:19 pm

knick wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:16 pm Primal Fury has 60 sec cooldown to 10 sec dmg buff. One kick one snare and the buff is wasted. Mistake done no dmg.

You ask for opinions you got my.

Dont know why you bring primal fury in this discussion. Two total different abilitys but im sure you know why...
Because it is off the GCD.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer

Ads
knick

Post#9 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:12 pm

Dobzse wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:19 pm
knick wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:16 pm Primal Fury has 60 sec cooldown to 10 sec dmg buff. One kick one snare and the buff is wasted. Mistake done no dmg.

You ask for opinions you got my.

Because it is off the GCD.
With this argumentation no ability should trigger GCD.
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Rapzel

Post#10 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:48 pm

Zxul wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:05 pm How about party members not going all glass cannon so they can survive the 1.5 sec by themselves?
Detaunt is a wasted CD.