What I am proposing is a mechanic which encourages more fighting within the zone, and punishes excessive camping within a keep area.
The idea is a mechanic similar to how keeps would be "starved" during a medieval keep siege.
Lets use Praag as an example. One side has many players sat within the south keep. The opposing side responds by taking control of all of the battlefield objectives. With no BOs being held, and thus no supplies being taken to the keep, the players within the keep will slowly "starve". This can be represented via a debuff to players within the keep or changes to the keep itself, which gets stronger the longer the opposing realms hold those objects. For example, these debuffs could be:
- 5 Minutes - 5% Healing and Damage Reduction for one hour.
- 10 Minutes - 10% Healing and Damage Reduction for one hour. Lower cannon ammunition respawn rate / cannon damage reduced
- 15 Minutes - 15% Healing and Damage Reduction for one hour. One less cannon get be spawned. Lower cannon ammunition respawn rate / cannon damage reduced
- 20 Minutes - All of the above + oil damage is reduced.
- 30 Minutes - 20% Healing and Damage Reduction. Cannons and Oil cannot be spawned
If the defenders are able to push out, retake the one BOs and hold them for a certain amount of time, then the keep will start to be resupplied and the debuffs will slowly dissapear. The more BOs that are held, the quicker these debuffs dissapear. However, if the attacking side starts a siege before this happens, then the defenders will need to break the siege and repair the doors.
Obviously, the game has a big issue with population imbalance at certain times of the day, so elements of this mechanic will need to change to not punish the underpopulated side. The mechanic could even be disabled if AAO is greater that 60% for example.
The intention of this idea was to be seperate to the existing supply for keep stars mechanic. Open to any suggestions to the idea.