Recent Topics

Ads

[SUGGESTION] Emblems bound to account

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Renork

Re: [SUGGESTION] Emblems bound to account

Post#11 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:59 pm

Joshwa70 wrote:So I can hide my melee dps and gear him by playing my healer? Nah.. that don't seem right. I say take your licks on each toon and earn them. I don't want to see the same premades for two months while they farm for their lesser toons.
Yes, because you playing a healer guarantees you medallions and winning the scenario. Wow talk about ego :lol:

A premade will rip players like you regardless, this isn't a contest and common sense will dictate the outcome of a pug vs a premade.

Ads
Noiree

Post#12 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:18 pm

Renork wrote:
Noiree wrote:This is not world of warcraft. Besides, I think that might be a bit hard to code and it probably hits the "unnecessary" category.

The world of warcraft joke was funny 15 years ago. A lot of DAOC players went to play WAR, not everyone came from your era of warcraft.

You obviously didn't get it. World of warcraft has tons of "account bound" items. That was what I was referring to.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Bozzax

Post#13 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:27 pm

Renork wrote:
Bozzax wrote:Feels a bit unfair if I can farm with my best geared toon to equip lesser geared ones dont it?
Another one

How is it unfair? What is the difference between the people that previously farmed gors for rune-scribed gear.

And

you STILL need to win the scenario. Do you think just because you are wielding a blue weapon with NO talisman enchantments will win you the scenario? do you think that one weapon will turn the other 11 players in the scenario into god's gift godmode and guarantee a win? Are you saying that if I wield a emblem weapon I will rip 1v12? what if you have a bunch of non level 20's in the scenario or just plain bad players?

Again, please think with your brain before you post.
Obviously you win more often with a better class + better gear as you contribute more
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Joshwa70

Post#14 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:46 pm

Maybe renork should calm down. Whenever someone disagrees he calls names and makes accusations. Please go back to order. And yes. If I play my healer over my wl my team stands a numericly better chance of winning. Duh.

Renork

Post#15 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:50 pm

Joshwa70 wrote:Maybe renork should calm down. Whenever someone disagrees he calls names and makes accusations. Please go back to order. And yes. If I play my healer over my wl my team stands a numericly better chance of winning. Duh.

You probably should consider college and taking some intro. to statistics courses. You playing a healer guarantees nothing if your team is underleveled, or doesn't play correctly. YOU don't determine the outcome of a scenario, otherwise there would be no purpose of having 11 other players with you.

Also, I don't have to go back to Order because you don't own the game, and I have been around probably longer than you have. Does that I mean I can say STOP PLAYING BC I BEEN HERE LONGER? You must be challenged.

Joshwa70

Post#16 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:52 pm

Judging by your answer you are challenged. Can someone change this little guys diaper. Baby renork is starting to smell ripe.

Renork

Post#17 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:54 pm

Bozzax wrote:
Renork wrote:
Bozzax wrote:Feels a bit unfair if I can farm with my best geared toon to equip lesser geared ones dont it?
Another one

How is it unfair? What is the difference between the people that previously farmed gors for rune-scribed gear.

And

you STILL need to win the scenario. Do you think just because you are wielding a blue weapon with NO talisman enchantments will win you the scenario? do you think that one weapon will turn the other 11 players in the scenario into god's gift godmode and guarantee a win? Are you saying that if I wield a emblem weapon I will rip 1v12? what if you have a bunch of non level 20's in the scenario or just plain bad players?

Again, please think with your brain before you post.
Obviously you win more often with a better class + better gear as you contribute more
You can't buy gear with scenario emblems, your only option is a "blue" weapon equivalent to a WoE weapon (No talismans here). So, for example...a calamity caster staff will give you +34 wounds and +34 int, while a scenario weapon will give 24 wound 34 int + 2 talisman slots. I don't need to do the math here do I?

Renork

Post#18 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:56 pm

Joshwa70 wrote:Judging by your answer you are challenged. Can someone change this little guys diaper. Baby renork is starting to smell ripe.

Not entertaining someone like you, clearly you have nothing better to do with your time.

Ads
Renork

Post#19 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:57 pm

Noiree wrote:
Renork wrote:
Noiree wrote:This is not world of warcraft. Besides, I think that might be a bit hard to code and it probably hits the "unnecessary" category.

The world of warcraft joke was funny 15 years ago. A lot of DAOC players went to play WAR, not everyone came from your era of warcraft.

You obviously didn't get it. World of warcraft has tons of "account bound" items. That was what I was referring to.
So does DAOC, so does Tera, and Rift, and a lot of other games. What was the point again?

Joshwa70

Post#20 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Nope. I'm on the forums because I'm in the hospital. I'm guessing that you are sitting in mom's basement crying cause you can't send emblems to your crappy mdps.