Recent Topics

Ads

Normal Scenario and Ranked sugestions.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mergrim

Normal Scenario and Ranked sugestions.

Post#1 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:20 pm

Suggestion: Normal sc.

Let's add a barrier on each sc, just like in battle of praag.

It is very annoying when you come across the whole premede of rdps 2/2/2 and they still play close to the champs. This should never be an option. Most scenarios have options to exit from different sides.

Suggestion: Ranked sc.

Dead content .... why?

After the currency change, the rankings do not offer anything unique.

Remove mmr req to recieve insignia in solo ranked.

A guild mount with no duration.
Ranked mount 90days. Make it same as guild one.

Event item make it without duration but more expensive ... 100 insignia 10k war crest.

It's season 5 on but only few games played so far...

Ads
Whyumadbro

Re: Normal Scenario and Ranked sugestions.

Post#2 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:55 pm

The ranked idea is nice! Give some cosmetics to ranked and a win gives a insignia and the content will be back

Martok

Post#3 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:04 pm

Mergrim wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:20 pmIt is very annoying when you come across the whole premede of rdps 2/2/2 and they still play close to the champs.

In deference to the ranked scenario program the spawn-camp guards in almost all scenarios were moved farther back from the positions they originally occupied. This was done to prevent those playing in a ranked SC from securing one kill and then running back to huddle under the protective umbrella of the spawn-camp guards. The unintended consequence of this particular form of mission-creep was as you describe, either side can now push all the way up to their opponents spawn area with little to no fear of pulling a champ-guard.

I would suggest not expecting that to change.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Sulorie

Post#4 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:20 pm

Mergrim wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:20 pm Suggestion: Normal sc.

It is very annoying when you come across the whole premede of rdps 2/2/2 and they still play close to the champs. This should never be an option. Most scenarios have options to exit from different sides.
Those barriers actually made it worse. The inferior team can't even retreat to regroup, they can't cross the barrier and get farmed in front of it, unless they manage to escape sideways.
Add obstacles to spawn so rdps can't hit you and it is solved - and remove the barrier, as it only helps the pushing team.
Dying is no option.

Mergrim

Post#5 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:40 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:20 pm
Mergrim wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:20 pm Suggestion: Normal sc.

Those barriers actually made it worse. The inferior team can't even retreat to regroup, they can't cross the barrier and get farmed in front of it, unless they manage to escape sideways.
Add obstacles to spawn so rdps can't hit you and it is solved - and remove the barrier, as it only helps the pushing team.
Like i write most scenario have diffrent way to leave spawn. And for me this is simply stronger team should win...not the one who play around 1 shoted champ. Any other mmo have such stupid mechanic in scenario/warfront/bg?

Sulorie

Post#6 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:51 pm

Mergrim wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:40 pm Like i write most scenario have diffrent way to leave spawn. And for me this is simply stronger team should win...not the one who play around 1 shoted champ. Any other mmo have such stupid mechanic in scenario/warfront/bg?
If they sit in spawn, you can do objective.

In e.g. Battle for Praag you have multiple exit and still there was a barrier added, which is nonsense.

Tbh, you shouldn't even get close enough for champ guards to matter.
Dying is no option.

Martok

Post#7 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:04 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:51 pmIn e.g. Battle for Praag you have multiple exit and still there was a barrier added, which is nonsense.

As I recall, due to the nature of the map design Battle for Praag was never selected to be in the Ranked SC rotation. However the barrier was added to prevent ranged-dps players from being able to reach a position from which they could attack opposing players as they were respawning. And yes, as the history of the game clearly illustrates, that was a valid concern.

At one time the Order spawn point in the Nordenwatch SC was vulnerable to approach via exploitation of a gap in the positioning of the champ-guards, a fact which allowed Destruction players to reach and then camp the exact respawn point and attack people before they could even see what was happening. I published video of this some years ago.

If you want to address the issue in Battle for Praag simply move the champ-guards back to the positions they originally occupied. Any force which retreats to that location is going to lose the SC be default.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Sciberr

Post#8 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:31 pm

yes perma event item pls

Ads