Recent Topics

Ads

Should I do damage as a KOTBS tank?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
urvasjets

Should I do damage as a KOTBS tank?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 pm

I'm a new player and have rolled a KOTBS. I'm a bit confused if I'm only suppose to guard and CC targets or if I'm supposed to contribute with damage, like dots and pure damage attacks as well https://nox.tips/ https://null/?
Last edited by urvasjets on Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Tanski

Re: Should I do damage as a KOTBS tank?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:26 pm

Full glasscannon any tank can do suprising damage but your usefullness to the group goes down significantly. (because in 6v6 if the other 6 man sees how squishy you are they will focus down you and your guarded target)

KOTBS in its current iteration is the lowest damage tank and a rework has been requested for a while. RN your an aura bot, debuffer with kd and super punt.

If you want to assist dps reroll IB or SM, namely SM, as your lack of a st punt 2h spec is counteracted by your assist dmg, same with BO.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Vri

Post#3 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:22 pm

urvasjets wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 pm I'm a new player and have rolled a KOTBS. I'm a bit confused if I'm only suppose to guard and CC targets or if I'm supposed to contribute with damage, like dots and pure damage attacks as well?
Grind out SnB sov set, complete it. save up crests for 2h build and have fun with that on the side. You become a stun bot as kotbs 2h.

sharpblader

Post#4 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:18 am

urvasjets wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 pm I'm a new player and have rolled a KOTBS. I'm a bit confused if I'm only suppose to guard and CC targets or if I'm supposed to contribute with damage, like dots and pure damage attacks as well?
Hi welcome! Some damage contribution never hurts but as a tank you're not expected to do alot of damage especially as kotbs.

Depending on the situation you can use Morale 2 ability: Raze to add dps pressure when your warband is coordinating a morale drop. You will get it at level 20 or so I believe.

Asderas27

Post#5 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:13 am

Your role as any tank in general is
1. Stay in guard range of whoever you are guarding - Dont try to make some hero play running out of the range and getting your party killed.
2. Swap guard when your party members get focused - Once again don't tunnel vision on doing damage, keep eye on your party members hp and enemy movement.
3. Debuff and CC -Keep any debuffs you have on target. Keep MA target snared, knock down when called for, punt enemy tank who is guarding your target. Use taunt/interrupts to stop res or enemy channeled abilities. Use challenge properly to make sure you keep the stacks on them for max duration. DO NOT SPAM HEAVENS FURY.
4. Morales - Use m3 Bellow properly. Try not to overlap it, or you wasted your morale. M1 Demo or Champ Challenge also used to secure kills in scs and ST groups. Do not use M2 Raze. M4 Immaculate Defense is only morale to use on tanks other than Blackguard mid tree M4. Don't overlap it once again or its wasted.

Kobs damage is non-existent. Dont think about it :). You are super utility/support class essential for any Order group and will always get spot in any content as long as you are competent on it.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard