Recent Topics

Ads

It's time to toss that Hail Mary, devs.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Omegus

Re: It's time to toss that Hail Mary, devs.

Post#11 » Tue May 24, 2022 5:41 pm

Teach yourself some Lua and take a look at the bug tracker and you can make your own working version of NB :D
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Dabbart

Post#12 » Tue May 24, 2022 5:42 pm

Enemy wasn't implemented by mythic. What about Tether? Buffhead? ClosetGoblin? Etc etc.

What disadvantage? The same one a healer not using Enemy experiences over one that does. And yes. Enemy has clickcasting. And yes Enemy shows you information players without it(or similar addon) flat out don't see.

Removing one addon didn't fix the disparity between gamers using the latest tech, and those that dont. That's my argument. Not for or against NB. It's that the argument needs to encompass all add-ons or none. Otherwise it's just pedantic.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Tyrodan

Post#13 » Tue May 24, 2022 5:47 pm

Dabbart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:42 pm Enemy wasn't implemented by mythic. What about Tether? Buffhead? ClosetGoblin? Etc etc.

What disadvantage? The same one a healer not using Enemy experiences over one that does.

Removing one addon didn't fix the disparity between gamers using the latest tech, and those that dont.
All these addons are one of the following categories: "I need more information to make a decision" or "I know what I want to do, help me do it"

NB is "I have no idea what to do in this situation, make a decision for me"

See the difference?

Dabbart

Post#14 » Tue May 24, 2022 5:50 pm

Enemy does that too. Go check out click casting options. Mostly for allies/group members but it works.

Also, no. NB used a string. You had to make that string. The string might not contain the best answer, but the answer it gave was the one preprogrammed. It wasn't an AI playing the game for you.

Also, why put forth arguments if you will discard them at the first opportunity? Does Mythics approval not matter anymore? Why would Mythic or RoR devs creation be relevant in the first place? lol.

Meh. Keep moving goal posts. I get it. You never liked NB. So what?

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Gravord

Post#15 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:02 pm

Tyrodan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:47 pm See the difference?
Sadly they never do. Sequencer was already added to the game to help players with actual health issues having trouble to manage amount of keybinds, aint them asking for nab buttons to be back.

Talladego wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:37 pm
Kaelang wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:30 pm The fact is, the only people still ‘suffering’ due to NB being removed is the people who won’t let go of the fact it’s been taken away and isn’t making a grand return. 90% of the 10% who complained have moved on.
Nah they just use a working version.
Aye. Just as your cheat addons bring it back in pieces. Sadly staff reaction to gcd saver abomination is long overdue.

Dabbart

Post#16 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:07 pm

Spoiler:
Gravord wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:02 pm
Sadly they never do. Sequencer was already added to the game to help players with actual health issues having trouble to manage amount of keybinds, aint them asking for nab buttons to be back.

Kaelang wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:30 pm The fact is, the only people still ‘suffering’ due to NB being removed is the people who won’t let go of the fact it’s been taken away and isn’t making a grand return. 90% of the 10% who complained have moved on.
Aye. Just as your cheat addons bring it back in pieces. Sadly staff reaction to gcd saver abomination is long overdue.
By overdue, you mean you asked Dalen to change it last week?

A Joke! But well placed if I do say so myself...

On topic though, you can very clearly see the OP is a secondary account not to be taken seriously. Their first posts were on Sequencer and NB 2 years ago, and every post since has been NB related or about people crying. Obvious troll is obvious.

Doesn't mean we can't have a bit of a back and forth on any given topic.

Tyrodan

Post#17 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:09 pm

Dabbart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:50 pm Also, why put forth arguments if you will discard them at the first opportunity? Does Mythics approval not matter anymore? Why would Mythic or RoR devs creation be relevant in the first place? lol.
In hindsight that wasn't a good argument. My bad.

Dabbart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:50 pm Enemy does that too. Go check out click casting options. Mostly for allies/group members but it works.
Yet that falls in the category: "help me do it" not "make a decision for me"

Dabbart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:50 pm Also, no. NB used a string. You had to make that string. The string might not contain the best answer, but the answer it gave was the one preprogrammed. It wasn't an AI playing the game for you.
It had conditionals, that made the decision for you: behind the target? use x - not behind the target, but armor debuff up? use y - neither of those? use z
Also I'm certain 90% of the community just copy and pasted their string from somwhere, so this was not actually a feat, if you wanted to imply that.

Dabbart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:50 pm Meh. Keep moving goal posts. I get it. You never liked NB. So what?
My point was mainly to show appreciation and support for the change, hoping the devs never buckle. I think we can agree that we disagree here - you want it back, because you liked the playstyle more, I like it more without and don't want to be at such a disadvantage because of it.

Gravord

Post#18 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:11 pm

Dabbart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:07 pm
Spoiler:

By overdue, you mean you asked Dalen to change it last week?

A Joke! But well placed if I do say so myself...

On topic though, you can very clearly see the OP is a secondary account not to be taken seriously. Their first posts were on Sequencer and NB 2 years ago, and every post since has been NB related or about people crying. Obvious troll is obvious.

Doesn't mean we can't have a bit of a back and forth on any given topic.
Actually with overall madness going around here lately and completely unreal statements ppl made ive assumed this one is serious too and havent checked account history. My bad!

Ads
Talladego

Post#19 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:11 pm

Talladego wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:37 pm Nah they just use a working version.
Good, then they can focus on things that matter, like making the game fun for everyone and not just elitist pr*cks.

Gravord

Post#20 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:12 pm

Talladego wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:11 pm
Talladego wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:37 pm Nah they just use a working version.
Good, then they can focus on things that matter, like making the game fun for everyone and not just elitist pr*cks.
Never realized pressing your own buttons without program deciding if you should use that skill or not was elitist behavior. Learned something new now :lol:
Not sure how dumbing game down to pressing pre programmed rotations and conditionals already made for the player makes "game fun for everyone" too.
Id categorize keeping server clean from cheats and unathorized "addons" quite high on priority list. Maybe just me, somehow i prefer play in fair enviroment.