Recent Topics

Ads

It's time to toss that Hail Mary, devs.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dabbart

Re: It's time to toss that Hail Mary, devs.

Post#31 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:05 pm

NB isn't the Aimbot/wallhack. Enemy is. Enemy Markers LITERALLY let you follow someone on the other side of walls OUT OF TARGETABLE RANGE.

Just saying...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Gravord

Post#32 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:12 pm

Dabbart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:05 pm NB isn't the Aimbot/wallhack. Enemy is. Enemy Markers LITERALLY let you follow someone on the other side of walls OUT OF TARGETABLE RANGE.

Just saying...
Actually that part of enemy always bothered me.

penpenagos

Post#33 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:15 pm

in my country there is a saying "either everyone in bed or everyone on the floor" and that is precisely the problem with the NB, some of us do not use it because it is prohibited but there are others who are using it and the worst thing is that it is very obvious but it is very difficult to collect evidence to request a ban, many times I see that someone uses it and I am like "damn degenerate" and I simply have to keep my anger and continue playing and what makes matters worse is that obviously these people are using the addon with impunity laughing in the face of the GMs and the community.

it is my impression but the staff can not do anything against the use of NB beyond trusting people and that they do not use it.

Talladego

Post#34 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:17 pm

Gravord wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:03 pm Interesting aproach. So not wanting ppl to use aimbots in shooters or wallhacks would be elitist too. Im intrigued by your statement but i have to admit i fail to see the logic of it.
How is that a relevant analogy?
Aimbots or wallhacks have never been legal in any competitive game afaik.

RoR (or at least WAR:AoR) was never designed to be some prepubescent esport wankfest, so the API allows for many different kinds of QoL and helper addons.

Omegus

Post#35 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:17 pm

NerfedWar wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:55 pm Having just started playing WAR again I´m finding Sequencer to be sufficient to reduce buttons, and this was the original reason why NB was developed.
I'll bite... are you really the NerfedWar who made NerfedButtons or is this a very well-timed troll account? :D
Talladego wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:17 pm
Gravord wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:03 pm Interesting aproach. So not wanting ppl to use aimbots in shooters or wallhacks would be elitist too. Im intrigued by your statement but i have to admit i fail to see the logic of it.

RoR (or at least WAR:AoR) was never designed to be some prepubescent esport wankfest, so the API allows for many different kinds of QoL and helper addons.
Let's not forget that this is not the first version of the WAR API, and some things were changed/disabled because too much automation was going on at the start.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Talladego

Post#36 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:19 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:17 pm
NerfedWar wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:55 pm Having just started playing WAR again I´m finding Sequencer to be sufficient to reduce buttons, and this was the original reason why NB was developed.
I'll bite... are you really the NerfedWar who made NerfedButtons or is this a very well-timed troll account? :D
I am also curious. :)

Gravord

Post#37 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:20 pm

Talladego wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:17 pm

And NB is not legal in RoR now. Matter of time before hammer start swinging, hopefully.

NerfedWar

Post#38 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:24 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:17 pm
yeah that's me, although a a couple of others helped massively with later releases that included a UI and cleaning up my messy code. Honestly think we took NB too far, but then again the API was open and someone else would have done it in another addon.

Ads
Culexus

Post#39 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:24 pm

Has this thread moved on to rampage and destrozerg yet?

Ok, I'll come back later.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 60+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Talladego

Post#40 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:25 pm

Gravord wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:20 pm And NB is not legal in RoR now.
This is news to me, I only thought it was blocked™.