Recent Topics

Ads

It's time to toss that Hail Mary, devs.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dabbart

Re: It's time to toss that Hail Mary, devs.

Post#21 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:20 pm

Tyrodan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:09 pm
Dabbart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:50 pm Also, why put forth arguments if you will discard them at the first opportunity? Does Mythics approval not matter anymore? Why would Mythic or RoR devs creation be relevant in the first place? lol.
In hindsight that wasn't a good argument. My bad.
Fair enough.

Dabbart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:50 pm Enemy does that too. Go check out click casting options. Mostly for allies/group members but it works.
Yet that falls in the category: "help me do it" not "make a decision for me"
Again, check it out. You can set some basic conditionals/rotation for what each click can do. Again, it's entirely Ally/group based but it does work.

Dabbart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:50 pm Also, no. NB used a string. You had to make that string. The string might not contain the best answer, but the answer it gave was the one preprogrammed. It wasn't an AI playing the game for you.
It had conditionals, that made the decision for you: behind the target? use x - not behind the target, but armor debuff up? use y - neither of those? use z
Also I'm certain 90% of the community just copy and pasted their string from somwhere, so this was not actually a feat, if you wanted to imply that.
Copy/paste is a valid point.
Conditionals broke more often than worked, but I agree with you. Various aspects of the addon seriously altered your gameplay for the better. SO DO OTHER ADDONS. THAT is my point. What you consider "cheating" I called playing on 300+ ping in CA. No, playing WH on CA ping was not any form of fun without NB. I can say the same for my healers and Enemy though. How the **** could I tell who to cleanse without Enemy? Who is the BW targeting? How long would it take me to tell if I can punt someone without buffhead? That extra fraction of a second really matters.

Edit: I get it, that yes players used NB to "be all they could be" without understand how or why they got the kill or even really deserving it. I just never found that annoying. They still died, cause they sucked. Whether they pressed the next action, or it was a string their positioning, and decision making skills were what lacked. I never found NB to be that much of Cheating. Not like intentionally abusing a bug is anyways. I find those that attacked through walls, or using known bugged abilities/tactics to be worse cheaters. But thats just me.

That is my point. I'm not arguing for NB to be "returned". I use sequencer, other than a few specific irritants, it works just fine. Take away NB and I still play. Take away Enemy, Tether, buffhead, WCST, etc, and I am a terrible player. Those are my tools, some would consider crutches, that I use to be able to play the game at a level I enjoy. When you bash NB, but ignore these others I feel like you underestimate their strength, and vastly overestimate NBs. I hope that's clear.

Dabbart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:50 pm Meh. Keep moving goal posts. I get it. You never liked NB. So what?
My point was mainly to show appreciation and support for the change, hoping the devs never buckle. I think we can agree that we disagree here - you want it back, because you liked the playstyle more, I like it more without and don't want to be at such a disadvantage because of it.

Fair enough! Thanks for the dialogue mate! Rare you can argue without feelings getting involved.
Last edited by Dabbart on Tue May 24, 2022 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#22 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:23 pm

Gravord wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:12 pm
Talladego wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:11 pm
Gravord wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:02 pm
Spoiler:
Aye. Just as your cheat addons bring it back in pieces. Sadly staff reaction to gcd saver abomination is long overdue.
Good, then they can focus on things that matter, like making the game fun for everyone and not just elitist pr*cks.
Never realized pressing your own buttons without program deciding if you should use that skill or not was elitist behavior. Learned something new now :lol:
Not sure how dumbing game down to pressing pre programmed rotations and conditionals already made for the player makes "game fun for everyone" too.[/spoiler]
Id categorize keeping server clean from cheats and unathorized "addons" quite high on priority list. Maybe just me, somehow i prefer play in fair enviroment.
If only it were fair, but sadly that is not the case. Some have addons, some don't, some have groups, some don't. Some even have the ear's of a dev and some don't. Or at least that is what I have gathered the past day or three.
-= Agony =-

Martok

Post#23 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:26 pm

Dabbart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:42 pmClosetGoblin...

ClosetGoblin? That sounds really weird.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Barboo

Post#24 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:27 pm

I found it very funny that NB is still a thing complaining about. The current status of GCD and AP reg problem/buffs whatever you wanne call it is still behind your arguments about killing playerbase by NB. I don't know it's tickle me every time. Get over it.

Minisynn

Post#25 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:29 pm

God I hate that every discussion about the health of the game comes back to the NB ban. If you really needed it to handle the massive amount of keybinds, then sequencer should be more than enough for you.

If you need it to make conditional choices for you so that the decision making of playing your class well is taken out of your hands, then why are you even playing a skill based combat system MMORPG in all honesty?

The problem with NB is that it being publically allowed means that if you *don't* use it, you're an an inherent disadvantage over people that are using it, particularly if you're playing a class with position based abilities. Sure, enemy is another addon that's pretty much essential to the game, but it's not going to make the difference between winning and losing in a fight - it's just something that provides more information to players like buffhead. Find it really hard to understand how people can't see the distinction
Gravord wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:02 pm
Talladego wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:37 pm Nah they just use a working version.
Aye. Just as your cheat addons bring it back in pieces. Sadly staff reaction to gcd saver abomination is long overdue.
Good, then they can focus on things that matter, like making the game fun for everyone and not just elitist pr*cks.
No surprise that the lad basically rebuilding NB piece by piece with an addon suite made to take skill out of the game considers not wanting an addon to play the game for you being an elitist prick
Last edited by Minisynn on Tue May 24, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Dabbart

Post#26 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:30 pm

Martok wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:26 pm
Dabbart wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:42 pmClosetGoblin...

ClosetGoblin? That sounds really weird.
It's an addon that lets you change your gear/tactics with a single click. IE, you see an enemy you want to be in Parry gear for, single click swap, then fight. It was buggy on this server for ages, I think it works now? I don't have any classes I have to swap gear when soloing anymore so I stopped using it.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

NerfedWar

Post#27 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:55 pm

Having just started playing WAR again I´m finding Sequencer to be sufficient to reduce buttons, and this was the original reason why NB was developed.

Talladego

Post#28 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:55 pm

Minisynn wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:29 pm
Gravord wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:02 pm Aye. Just as your cheat addons bring it back in pieces. Sadly staff reaction to gcd saver abomination is long overdue.
No surprise that the lad basically rebuilding NB piece by piece with an addon suite made to take skill out of the game considers not wanting an addon to play the game for you being an elitist prick
The elitist attitude is not wanting anyone else using an addon that you don't even need yourself, just to have an easier time farming lower-skilled players.
All the while ignoring the impact on server population.

Ads
Omegus

Post#29 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:00 pm

Talladego wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:55 pm The elitist attitude is not wanting anyone else using an addon that you don't even need yourself, just to have an easier time farming lower-skilled players.
Pretty sure the low skilled players either had no idea how to use NB or used it poorly.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Gravord

Post#30 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:03 pm

Talladego wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:55 pm
Minisynn wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:29 pm
The elitist attitude is not wanting anyone else using an addon that you don't even need yourself, just to have an easier time farming lower-skilled players.
Interesting aproach. So not wanting ppl to use aimbots in shooters or wallhacks would be elitist too. Im intrigued by your statement but i have to admit i fail to see the logic of it.