Recent Topics

Ads

TOK unlock makes relevant gearset free

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
nebelwerfer

TOK unlock makes relevant gearset free

Post#1 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:53 pm

QoL imrpvement so you can rebuy a set that you have the tok unlock for, for free

-delete old sets and rebuy them for fashion if u want without wasting crests on it
-slot different talis for different situations, like full armor, full wounds etc without losing ur investment
-have different dyes on ur set without losing ur investment

thoughts? is it even feasible? :ugeek:

Ads
Telther

Re: TOK unlock makes relevant gearset free

Post#2 » Mon May 23, 2022 6:34 pm

I like the idea a lot, BUT would have to some how make it so the “extra sets” couldn’t be salvageable or it would be exploited for mats.

BluIzLucky

Post#3 » Mon May 23, 2022 7:28 pm

Feels like a non-issue to me, actually taking away one of the few reasons to spend gold (or crests for the few that completed their collection).
It's also one of the few benefits to PvE sets, since you can easily get multiple pieces of each item.

And once you start floating a lot of gold, spending 160-240g on +23 talis for a rare full set reset is not the end of the world.
Guilds will often give talismen for free.

Then you have buffs, different gear mixes and renown to rebalance before a complete reset is needed.

I'd obviously take advantage of it if they did implement it as it's a nice QoL, but status quo has some merits.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

nebelwerfer

Post#4 » Mon May 23, 2022 7:34 pm

Telther wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:34 pm I like the idea a lot, BUT would have to some how make it so the “extra sets” couldn’t be salvageable or it would be exploited for mats.
yeah that's something i didn't take into account. :)

A solution to that is to add the vendor to the library with the other tok vendors, and have him sell the extra sets and make them unsalvagable like tok unlock items are. They could be named "worn sovereign" if it was a sovereign set for example. :P

And maybe to reduce the workload you wouldn't have to do every set in the game. You could focus on the most expensive ones like main sov / off sov and warlord since those are the ones you will be using the longest, then work your way down from there until the cut-off point where items are quickly replaced anyway so it no longer really makes sense for them to be available at the vendor. :geek:

Ramlaen

Post#5 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:28 pm

Instead of free buyable with the pve crests, and include influence rewards from a dungeon assuming you have the full set unlock from the dungeon in question.

This would let people who either destroyed their C/T or BBBE or Bloodlord weapons or accidently picked the wrong Bloodlord weapon get their weapons back or get the correct one.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky