Recent Topics

Ads

[Open RVR] Auto Cleanse Ability On Keep Lords "Begone"

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
b00n

[Open RVR] Auto Cleanse Ability On Keep Lords "Begone"

Post#1 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:30 am

Hello,

the last step of a keep siege is to defeat it's lord. A lord has a big healthpool and some abilities to defend himself.

Problem:
I want to talk about the cleanse mechanic of keep lords which are triggered whenever they say "Begone".

Why?
If you play any class with a lot of dot mechanics, you always have to switch to some kind of "close quarters" + spam one direct damage abilties, while this works on certain classes perfectly. It really harms classes like Magus.

What i would love to see is either that
  • The keep lord no longer auto cleanse when it get's tanked (Should prevent something like a magus squad with endless pandemonium to kill the lord without engaging).
  • Or the keep lord now has a visual buff indicator which shows when the cleanse is happening.
  • Or Increase the timer, to give some classes a chance to apply full dot rotation.
Regards
Last edited by b00n on Mon May 23, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Ads
Fenris78

Re: [Open RVR] Auto Cleanse Ability On Keep Lords "Begone"

Post#2 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:37 am

When usually there are like 100 players hitting the lord, Would that make any difference if one "have to" rely on other skills than dots ?

Plus, the cleanse cd is 20s : plenty enough to reapply your DoT sequence right after. I see no issue at all.

If you feel like hitting the lord more will result in more contribution, that's not the case ; you can hit lord once and go capping flags or defend ; for keeps hitting lord or not wont matter for contribution, only in Fortress (wich is more of an issue considering it discourage people from doing other useful tasks like guarding jail).

b00n

Post#3 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:41 am

Fenris78 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:37 am When usually there are like 100 players hitting the lord, Would that make any difference if one "have to" rely on other skills than dots ?

Plus, the cleanse cd is 20s : plenty enough to reapply your DoT sequence right after. I see no issue at all.

If you feel like hitting the lord more will result in more contribution, that's not the case ; you can hit lord once and go capping flags or defend ; for keeps hitting lord or not wont matter for contribution, only in Fortress (wich is more of an issue considering it discourage people from doing other useful tasks like guarding jail).
Saying it again some classes have a easy life here, while magus for example has a hard time since most dots of magus tick arount 15sec, If you try to maximize your dots on it, they get cleanse most of the time.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+

Morradin

Post#4 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:00 am

In its simplest form, straight out of the box, Buff Head Addon will display your dots on the lord. Reapply when they disappear.

Omegus

Post#5 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:45 am

Oh that's why my debuffs vanish. I thought it was a display bug!
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

b00n

Post#6 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:06 am

Morradin wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:00 am In its simplest form, straight out of the box, Buff Head Addon will display your dots on the lord. Reapply when they disappear.
Thank you for the answer, but this is not what i'm asking here for. If you have to reapply you lose dps and ap, because those casts cost and unfold their dmg over full time only. If you have to reapply out of the full duration, that ability was simply wasted. This is what i stated with closed quarters + direct damage spam... Which is super boring and more beneficial to certain classes.

wonshot

Post#7 » Mon May 23, 2022 12:31 pm

Remembering when a player could target the keeplord and see ALL of the debuffs and dots applied by allies, it created massive lag and performance drop. I wonder if this debuff clearing is simply a performance thing, or since it got changed to only show your own debuffs on a keeplord it doesnt need this 20sec debuff removal any more
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Sulorie

Post#8 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:51 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:45 am Oh that's why my debuffs vanish. I thought it was a display bug!
Though the same. :lol:
Dying is no option.

Ads
Morradin

Post#9 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:39 pm

b00n wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:06 am
Morradin wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:00 am In its simplest form, straight out of the box, Buff Head Addon will display your dots on the lord. Reapply when they disappear.
Thank you for the answer, but this is not what i'm asking here for. If you have to reapply you lose dps and ap, because those casts cost and unfold their dmg over full time only. If you have to reapply out of the full duration, that ability was simply wasted. This is what i stated with closed quarters + direct damage spam... Which is super boring and more beneficial to certain classes.
Considering that you re-dot not just players in pvp, but also dungeon bosses in dungeons, I do not see why you would ask that keep lords be treated differently, other than a QOL question on your end. In which case, if it were up to me, and it is not in any way shape or form, I would say no to all three of your points.

It makes no sense for Keep Lords to have less abilities than say a PQ Boss. As to the frequency of the auto cleanse, again, a Keep Lord is supposed to be tougher than your average PQ boss, more on a level of a Ch22 PQ Boss.

IMO, the only thing about keep lords that needs changing is the silly FF cutsie style glowing stuff recently added. Let's remember, WARHAMMER is Dark, not cutsie.

Nebuchadnezzar

Post#10 » Mon May 30, 2022 1:33 am

Look for when the lord uses its cleanse, then use a long duration dot immediately after and you know that shortly after it ends the cleanse is incoming so you should hold off on reapplying. I do this on my Magus with Withered Soul and have no issues