Recent Topics

Ads

GCD and AP proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
nebelwerfer

Re: GCD and AP proposal

Post#41 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:39 am

I think the best way of making the gameplay more dynamic is reducing the duration of immunities and seperating single target cc with the aoe cc.

More morales should be CC oriented and ignore immunity or give no immunity.

I think that'd improve a lot of aspects of the game, or rework it to make a diminishing return system instead.

The lack of ap makes more tactics viable, more abilities viable and more morales viable. It's more strategic/diverse and I like it.

Ads
Truelyyy

Post#42 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:51 pm

@Sulorie

I think it's unfair to make that comparison, live felt like a lifetime ago and I have little memory of it. Any memory of live for me 12+ years ago would be pure nostaliga :D

Truelyyy

Post#43 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:55 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:39 am
The lack of ap makes more tactics viable, more abilities viable and more morales viable. It's more strategic/diverse and I like it.
I have to disagree, it makes tactic less flexible as everyone has to take any AP pump tactic they have.... at the moment anyway

Acidic

Post#44 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:53 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:16 pm
Truelyyy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:21 pm I'm assuming from a dev POV this is to fix issues but this fix gameplay-wise will be worse that what it was originally so for the majority of players so in some sense it's not really a fix it just makes the game a lot worse.
Did you thought back then as well, that the game feels slow?
To balance skills we would have to make all long casts faster to make them equal in performance to instant casts, while keeping their power.
I guess your memory is not that great, try remember how manny balance patches and tweaks to the skills have been done. This just sounds like cherry picking and …. , if you thought there was not a balance before when skills were based upon possible output then that was the time to mention. To come with dubious reasoning now suggests either you had no clue about optimizing actions or the model for balance is just a space waste.

Sulorie

Post#45 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:24 pm

Acidic wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:53 pm
Truelyyy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:21 pm I'm assuming from a dev POV this is to fix issues but this fix gameplay-wise will be worse that what it was originally so for the majority of players so in some sense it's not really a fix it just makes the game a lot worse.
To balance skills we would have to make all long casts faster to make them equal in performance to instant casts, while keeping their power.
I guess your memory is not that great, try remember how manny balance patches and tweaks to the skills have been done. This just sounds like cherry picking and …. , if you thought there was not a balance before when skills were based upon possible output then that was the time to mention. To come with dubious reasoning now suggests either you had no clue about optimizing actions or the model for balance is just a space waste.
No balance was done assuming people hit ~1,15s GCD regularly, it's done based on original GCD, which the game is showing you in all skill bar animations.

Channels or long casts were less effective than instant casts or casts with below 1,5s cast time, albeit their damage/heal values were set to make them similar - if GCD is 1,5s.
The most popular classes/archetypes have, what a surprise, less focus on long casts or are melee anyway.

It was never said, that RoR has to be like AoR. Back then nobody complained about the game feeling slow or "turn based" and no patch cycle over the years could have changed this, as damage values don't affect this but now people come here with this argument? There are better arguments than this to criticize the last patch.
Dying is no option.

nebelwerfer

Post#46 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:41 pm

Truelyyy wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:55 pm
nebelwerfer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:39 am
I have to disagree, it makes tactic less flexible as everyone has to take any AP pump tactic they have.... at the moment anyway
here are some examples of up until now kinda useless things that are now viable if not great
-"Keep on choppin'" restore 100 ap (ability)
- "long lasta" if an enemy defends ur exhaustive blow your ap cost is reduced tto 0 for next 6 seconds (tactic for choppa AND slayer)
- "rune of insanity" runepriest m1 that reduces a targets ap by 200
- "immolating grasp" dps runepriests tactic that makes a dot snare and drain ap
and many others. Im more than excited to see these being brought to relevance

until this patch you could put a rp, ib and knight in ur party and AP issues were non-existant for the DD. You SHOULD have to ration, think and use your ap for when it's really needed to kill something.

That's why reducing a number of 30 sec immunities so the windows to kill are more frequent, less grief is made by aoe punts or pulls / more window to fight zergs by managing and outplaying them with cc is made available to the more diciplined and coordinated players.

That would be the next step to make a more enjoyable better game imo

Acidic

Post#47 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:49 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:24 pm
Acidic wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:53 pm
No balance was done assuming people hit ~1,15s GCD regularly, it's done based on original GCD, which the game is showing you in all skill bar animations.

Channels or long casts were less effective than instant casts or casts with below 1,5s cast time, albeit their damage/heal values were set to make them similar - if GCD is 1,5s.
The most popular classes/archetypes have, what a surprise, less focus on long casts or are melee anyway.

It was never said, that RoR has to be like AoR. Back then nobody complained about the game feeling slow or "turn based" and no patch cycle over the years could have changed this, as damage values don't affect this but now people come here with this argument? There are better arguments than this to criticize the last patch.
Well if all calls on balance has been done on 1.5 sec gcd assumption , best ppl don’t balance if they don’t know the game or take into account reality of how things are used