Recent Topics

Ads

Quick shooting SH.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: Quick shooting SH.

Post#11 » Sat May 07, 2022 5:34 pm

Shogun4138 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:04 pm QS is subpar compared to SW. BS is subpar to SW.

Your use this or use that is a zero sum.
May you elaborate how you come to this conclusion?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Shogun4138

Post#12 » Sat May 07, 2022 5:45 pm

Damage output is lower than SW. They lose range as SW does not.. Talk to yamcha when he is in game. He plays both. So what ever side your on. You can find him.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

zulnam

Post#13 » Sat May 07, 2022 8:57 pm

a good rSH will never stay long enough in a spot to be caught. ranged is easily handled with, since you have 100 feet on both silence and range debuff. melee takes skill, but still plenty of abilities to cast while running (stun, slow, disarm). Besides this, the goblin racial tactics are the best for kiting in the game; so really, not many excuses if you get caught by a single player. lag or balance, i guess.

if you still feel like you need a crutch, use gas squig for 80 feet + invader set bonus for an extra 10.

also, don't forget to use your pet.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Shogun4138

Post#14 » Sat May 07, 2022 10:07 pm

zulnam wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:57 pm a good rSH will never stay long enough in a spot to be caught. ranged is easily handled with, since you have 100 feet on both silence and range debuff. melee takes skill, but still plenty of abilities to cast while running (stun, slow, disarm). Besides this, the goblin racial tactics are the best for kiting in the game; so really, not many excuses if you get caught by a single player. lag or balance, i guess.

if you still feel like you need a crutch, use gas squig for 80 feet + invader set bonus for an extra 10.

also, don't forget to use your pet.
So the SW already has the crutch with higher damage output and 100ft. But we don't. Genius thinking.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Boursk

Post#15 » Sat May 07, 2022 10:12 pm

Nerf Slayers.
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

Morradin

Post#16 » Sat May 07, 2022 10:23 pm

Skirmish SW has the same limitations in range and damage. It's Scout that puts out the high damage.

Sulorie

Post#17 » Sat May 07, 2022 10:45 pm

Shogun4138 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:07 pm

So the SW already has the crutch with higher damage output and 100ft. But we don't. Genius thinking.
All the big hitters have similar range.
Don't compare skill DMG individually. You have a pet for a reason.
Dying is no option.

Shogun4138

Post#18 » Sat May 07, 2022 11:53 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:45 pm

[/quote

Play a rSH. The pet does not help a much as you think.

What's your squig herders name in game?
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Ads
Sulorie

Post#19 » Sun May 08, 2022 12:19 am

Shogun4138 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:53 pm

Yes I do and I had no problems. Playing order lately and only did a few SC since killboard release, if this is what you are looking for. The git is called Smurg and now you can compare renown ranks to guess the credibility.
Dying is no option.

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#20 » Sun May 08, 2022 2:35 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:19 am
Shogun4138 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:53 pm

Yes I do and I had no problems. Playing order lately and only did a few SC since killboard release, if this is what you are looking for. The git is called Smurg and now you can compare renown ranks to guess the credibility.
People can still play the game a lot and be awful at it. RR doesn't really mean anything. (Not targeted at you, just a general statement about RR comparisons)

We should be comparing the damage output of standard main rotations and standard burst rotations. Also, while its OBVIOUS a SH should be on the move as a QS the fact that you can be caught far too easily is a huge problem.

QS rSH could do with a small movement speed boost that lasts 0.5 sec like the SW gets to keep them moving and able to stay in that optimal 65 ft range. In 1v1 situations this would be good and honestly against a mDPS a QS rSH SHOULD have an advantage - in a larger setting where range knockdowns are likely to happen it would be less beneficial. But if they're dumb enough to get caught they should be punished. QS rSH is far too often gonna get caught and needs a little more tweaking.

Also mentioning a good rSH should always be on the move - I play Big Shootin' and often you're forced to move a lot - that's fair, but big shootin is gimp AF. Like I said about the damage, it's simply too little for this spec when rSW have more range than BS rSH and do more damage too. SH got slapped too hard possibly because the order crocodile tears were at it again or because the defs simply went a little too far. But they're definitely underperforming in the specs they're mainly supposed to go - range specs.