Recent Topics

Ads

Quick shooting SH.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
zulnam

Re: Quick shooting SH.

Post#21 » Sun May 08, 2022 7:00 pm

Shogun4138 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:07 pm
zulnam wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:57 pm a good rSH will never stay long enough in a spot to be caught. ranged is easily handled with, since you have 100 feet on both silence and range debuff. melee takes skill, but still plenty of abilities to cast while running (stun, slow, disarm). Besides this, the goblin racial tactics are the best for kiting in the game; so really, not many excuses if you get caught by a single player. lag or balance, i guess.

if you still feel like you need a crutch, use gas squig for 80 feet + invader set bonus for an extra 10.

also, don't forget to use your pet.
So the SW already has the crutch with higher damage output and 100ft. But we don't. Genius thinking.
you wouldn't get the joke, but 2 weeks ago there was a SW post asking for buffs to be on par with SH.

ultimately, there are two game styles in ror: warband and smallscale.

does SH have a spot in warband? yes, SH has a very good mdps build that gives it a spot in warbands.

does SH do well in smallscale? again yes. SH is the only ranged class to top ranked leaderboard in a season. it has lots of mobility and strong abilities as well as a pet that can do a lot of damage when m1+frenzy are combined.

consider the unconsiderable: that maybe you are not good. and this is coming from a player who is not good with SH and still knows they are in a good spot so as to not need a buff.
You can learn, or you can reroll. maybe roll a SW. "live the dream"
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Shogun4138

Post#22 » Sun May 08, 2022 9:17 pm

I had this conversation with Yamchaa in game. He completely disagrees with you on this. This thread is on the quick shooting spec tree. Not melee. Not big shooting (still hitting for 1k-2.5k less).

Its a tree line nerfed in to the ground.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Sulorie

Post#23 » Sun May 08, 2022 11:09 pm

Shogun4138 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:17 pm I had this conversation with Yamchaa in game. He completely disagrees with you on this. This thread is on the quick shooting spec tree. Not melee. Not big shooting (still hitting for 1k-2.5k less).

Maybe talk with other SH. rSH is strong and the reduced range isn't too hard to deal with.
QS is always only one part of rSH and being used to attack if kiting, for instant casts and utility. You don't use it as "main attack spec".
Dying is no option.

Shogun4138

Post#24 » Mon May 09, 2022 1:15 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:09 pm
Shogun4138 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:17 pm I had this conversation with Yamchaa in game. He completely disagrees with you on this. This thread is on the quick shooting spec tree. Not melee. Not big shooting (still hitting for 1k-2.5k less).

Maybe talk with other SH. rSH is strong and the reduced range isn't too hard to deal with.
QS is always only one part of rSH and being used to attack if kiting, for instant casts and utility. You don't use it as "main attack spec".

I did. Today even. They all say the same thing. Dps is under performing.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Sulorie

Post#25 » Mon May 09, 2022 5:56 am

Shogun4138 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:15 am
Sulorie wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:09 pm

I did. Today even. They all say the same thing. Dps is under performing.
As nothing significant changed for several months since the QS/BS path rework and their damage potential increased big time, with the price of a range reduction, i would say those players have other issues than just "damage".
Imagine anyone would admit their class is ok. For the most part the opposite is done.
Dying is no option.

Callipso

Post#26 » Mon May 09, 2022 7:07 am

Make Run and shoot 100 feet and I would be happy
Gaxx SH

Stinkyweed

Post#27 » Mon May 09, 2022 2:12 pm

Agreed; add the +50% QS distance back to Shooting Wif Da Wind...solved.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.2x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

magictaquito

Post#28 » Mon May 09, 2022 3:43 pm

Oh man. rSH is in a... special place. It's definitely high risk, high reward. Make one mistake in your movement or rotation and it quickly becomes your undoing. rSH has seen its nerfs, and I can't really tell if it's for the best or not, but here's a quick rundown on my thoughts.

You really have to be on top of your game to play this QS at a high level. To really delve into a rSH complaints, we have to understand if the SH is actually set up right. Keybind everything, using the right addons, having granular control over your pet, etc. You must be adept at kiting, camera movement, and positioning. These aspects of your gameplay must be perfected before you can get past the concerns of SH being caught easily. Making sure your computer performs well and having little lag is, to me, of massive importance to improve your capability.

QS has a massive amount of utility that can allow you to 1v3 in some cases, it's pretty insane. You need to take advantage of all the extras this game has. I have 11 potions on my bars, use closet goblin to switch out tactics and gearsets on the fly. The power of QS is that you can switch in and out of offensive/defensive gear depending on the situation to have a massive advantage.

I can have my ranged crit to 45% in my offensive gear, with SWTW, that takes QS abilities to 60% crit, and +251 ranged damage bonus. This is using 3 piece triumphant (need the ring still), 5 piece warlord, bloodlord stabba, fortress shoota, 2 genesis, sent ring, warlord ring. Whether small scale, or in a warband, QS can have groups built around it to make it absolutely insance. My favorite 6 man comp is snb BO, 2h bg, choppa, rsh, shaman, zealot as a critical strike heavy build. Along with BG 10% crit buff, chop fasta, etc, this is an insane single target setup that absolutely melts. rSH is a tool that has to be utilized properly to get the most out of it. M1 Squigbeast + Frenzy is a 1min burst rotation that kills anything, use them both at the same time. After using an ability with a cast, use Sharpnel Arrer right after for extra burst if you can spare the following GCD for a damaging ability. There are many little things that can be incorporated into the rotation for better damage. Make sure your group is using the appropriate debuffs, use your own armor debuff etc.

People just have to learn how to manage the 65ft range in its current state, or else SW would need to have the same range buff. Learn how to disengage from fights early and then get back in, pay attention to your debuffs to get warning signs of when you'll be targeted, etc. A good QS squig herder will know when to utilize QS and BS abilities in a fight for efficient positioning, and will switch in and out of squig stance to apply AoE damage and for defense. Use all the tools given to you and QS will feel very powerful.

1v1s can be a little finicky sometimes, I'll admit, but this isn't a 1v1 game and I don't expect a squishy QS SH to be a 1v1 god. But there's plenty of great solo roaming to be had, I've survived 1v3 encounters and have done some stuff I never thought SH could be capable of. I have a lot of trouble when I'm fighting a *good* dps archmage, and for whatever reason I have a bit of trouble with ironbreakers, but not much else comes to mind right now.

Also I scoff at 65 ft range complainers :P Jk. But for SH, try shotgun spec. BS, tactics: aimin quickly, expert skirmisher, masterful aim, i got lotz/all by meself/run away/piece defenses. This build allows you to instant cast Plink when within 20 yards of your target. Highest risk, highest reward build in the game, imo. Tell your tanks to pocket guard you and go nuts. If your gear is good enough, get three 2h tanks all guarding you along with a dok and a shaman, and you'll be one nasty ankle biter.

TLDR: Pretend you're playing Dark Souls when playing QS. One hit and your dead. If you play with this mentality, you will find your defensive movements will improve and you will be harder to kill. Use multiple gears sets and all potions, keybind everything, master your pets, detaunt, win. Admittedly, I don't think I'm the best candidate for suggesting balance changes, but I think it would be fair to allow us to use more abilities in Squig Form like we used to. Not being able to use the pet sprint in that form is pretty disappointing. Maybe a base damage uplift on some QS spells is necessary, but I don't have any Order characters so I'm not able to create any damage comparisons of my own to speak on.
[Gobbo Club] Guild Master
Brokensafety - RR84 Squig Herder
Fart - RR6x Black Orc
Healyfingas - RR6x Shaman
Imbigga - RR5x Choppa

Ads