Recent Topics

Ads

Tank punt Overhauls.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grock

Re: Tank punt Overhauls.

Post#11 » Mon May 02, 2022 7:21 am

Punt resistance sounds fun but it would be inappropriate in this game as punting the tank is the only anti-guard mechanic, having a tank with punt resistance will break that interaction.

Perhaps if it was limited to non-tank punts only...
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
sundey

Post#12 » Mon May 02, 2022 2:22 pm

Non-BO/SM punts used to be quite nicely balanced imo:
IB - core ability, fairly good range, 10s cd + 25 grudge
BG - core ability, trash to very long range, 20s cd + ideally needs 90+ hate
Chosen/KoTBS - core and/or tactic, crap to very good range/airborne time, 10-20s cd

The reason BG's seems so OP here is because they were given core 10s cd with 2h. In the past, the very long range could be both good or bad compared to knight/chosen's, depending on terrain, and meant coordinating its use (particularly with longer cd) was more meaningful. On the other hand, the IB's was dependable, usually 'good enough' to do the job, and could be used twice as often.

Disagree on morale-only AoE KBs, personally, partly because I quite like that how well they are used has such a big effect on their impact.

Agreed with Grock that punt-resistance sounds cool, but it would significantly impact the meta due to how important guard punts are (and the lack of other options - punting guardee and focusing them is essentially impossible outside of highly coordinated play), particularly given how popular BOs are. Not saying it couldn't be done, but would have to be limited and well thought out, imo.

EggYolkeo wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:29 am
Panzer80 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:05 pm For example BG/IB being quasi sister classes and BG having the most over-tuned punt in the game, and IB having a flaccid punt is odd. At best you'd expect IB to have a high arcing punt, and BG to have it's ultra long distance punt, but no.
IB had the exact same long punt as BG on live, but for some reason it's not the same on this server.
No, it didn't, unless you're talking about during initial release or the very early days (in which case you might be right, I don't know), but it certainly didn't later on.

Elvicof

Post#13 » Mon May 02, 2022 5:27 pm

sundey wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:22 pm No, it didn't, unless you're talking about during initial release or the very early days (in which case you might be right, I don't know), but it certainly didn't later on.
BG wasnt out on release, they came together with knights.
Moonlapse and VII

Sinisterror

Post#14 » Tue May 03, 2022 7:33 am

Elvicof wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:27 pm
sundey wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:22 pm No, it didn't, unless you're talking about during initial release or the very early days (in which case you might be right, I don't know), but it certainly didn't later on.
BG wasnt out on release, they came together with knights.
Yeah and he was talking about IB punt and IB was there during release. And BG/Kotbs were added to game in 2008 and WAR came out in september 2008 so i would still call this " very early days " IB also had 4 sec 2h KD and Told Ya So tactic was better " Everytime you critically hit enemy your grp gains 25 AP cannot proc more than every 3 seconds " IB is probably closest how classess was on early days during live which is interesting.

https://web.archive.org/web/20081205050 ... aspx?id=21 This is BG when it came out 2008.

https://web.archive.org/web/20081217044 ... .aspx?id=1 This is IB in 2008.

Man i love some of M4 morales back then <3 Reasons to actually spec for some. Dps WP (my main live) had 10 second aoe silence/disarm 30 feet in front of you=) But Dps DoK and BW had Morale 2 that was 5 second Aoe KD : D And gotta love chosen/kotbs 65 Feet 3 sec Aoe KD which was turned to 65 feet 9 sec stagger=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Grock

Post#15 » Wed May 04, 2022 10:03 am

sundey wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:22 pm Disagree on morale-only AoE KBs, personally, partly because I quite like that how well they are used has such a big effect on their impact.
It wouldn't take away from that though, it will just prevent their overuse from being part of the rotation and will reduce the amount of "free immunities" they tend to provide.
On top of that it will open up a possibility to make them stronger punts in general, potentially making them even more impactful playmakers ;)

Alubert

Post#16 » Wed May 04, 2022 4:14 pm

Definitely BO should be given a "super punt tactic". In the current situation it is the only tank that does not have this option. SnB SM has it and black orc has something that cannot be called punt instead.
IB could have a punt longer by 5-10 feet but on the other hand he doesn't need tactic and on shield he has 10 sec cd. I have a huge amount of fun playing IB because of this. Unfortunately snb chosen/ktb have been neutered by 20 sec cd. By the way I completely don't understand why snb tank has weaker CC than 2h. It makes absolutely no sense.
As for aoe punt it would be best if it was removed from the game just like GTCD. Ah those free immus for opponents. (Just so you know my main character is a choppa).
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Panzer80

Post#17 » Wed May 04, 2022 11:44 pm

Grock wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:21 am Punt resistance sounds fun but it would be inappropriate in this game as punting the tank is the only anti-guard mechanic, having a tank with punt resistance will break that interaction.

Not if the one tank doesn't have guard breaking punts. That was the whole point of the suggestion.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Grock

Post#18 » Thu May 05, 2022 5:33 pm

Panzer80 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:44 pm
Grock wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:21 am Punt resistance sounds fun but it would be inappropriate in this game as punting the tank is the only anti-guard mechanic, having a tank with punt resistance will break that interaction.

Not if the one tank doesn't have guard breaking punts. That was the whole point of the suggestion.
One doesn't compensate the other unfortunately.

BO/SM are still played because 1 Knight/Chosen with punt tactic is enough to deal with enemy tanks, for the most part, the only problem is not being able to do double-punt but that isn't always necessary

With punt resistance BO will be ultimate guard tank that cannot be removed so their guardee is never the target and the only counter play would be to hit another target and KD the BO to prevent guard swap, which slows down the gameplay to roughly 1 try every 30 seconds due to immunities (whereas with 2 tanks you can cycle KD/Punt immunities between them and do a try every 15-20 seconds)

Ads