Recent Topics

Ads

City siege need solutions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kpi

City siege need solutions

Post#1 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:23 pm

With the new patch, there are not any way to play city. A city each 2-3 days with random timers is not enought to play for a a lot of players.

Since the patch for scheduled city was released, is very hard play city sieges... The timer is bad for a lot of people, or when you can play, the city don't pop because the numbers of population are very unbalanced.

My personal example: I only played 2 citys since the patch be released (43 days ago!!!!). I queued 4 times, and only 2 gets pops, and when didn't pop, we was a 12 man, i never queued solo. And a lot of guild mates the same thing happened to them.

Here you can see the city log from Tercio de Estalia

We usually did 2-3 full WBs for city each week before the patch, and now we are only able to do 12. We missed 2 citys (in red in log) because we didn't get pop with 12 man (50% from my city queues...)

Please GMs, we want enjoy the game, try to fix it in some way. Some ideas:
-Decrease the timer from city to 3 days to 24 hours. So there are more chances to play for all.
-Lock the side to players. So the server population will not switch, 60-40% population when city pop is not funny.
-Get back to old campaign system

GMs, We are asking for your help, please don't ignore us, a lot of players want enjoy the end game content, but with the scheduled citys we can't. You are doing the game more easy for gear toons, but harder to play the endgame
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
Shogun4138

Re: City siege need solutions

Post#2 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:12 am

Same with the loTD timer. Hate the timer, love the zone
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Scottx125

Post#3 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:45 am

I think there should be the contribution system from pushing forts etc. The side that pushes the most forts gets to attack the opposing city. And instead of it being every 3 days it should only fire when one side has achieved enough contribution from fort pushes to attack a city. And these attacks should only be able to happen at set times to prevent them happening at ridiculous hours. Only at 3 times per day shifting back one hour every day. So it'd start at 12pm-8pm-4am. If you get enough contribution at 11am, the city would unlock at 12pm. If you got enough contribution at 12:01pm, the city would unlock at 8pm. And every cycle of these 3 times, they would drop back one hour to give a continuous cycle of times so everyone has the chance to play cities. And if not enough forts have been pushed they automatically fire once every 3 days.

I personally don't like cities. But I do think everyone should have the chance to play them more often, especially since they are a major source of crests.

The population issue is another issue that's been going on due to xrealming and zerging. If everyone runs off to one faction and leaves the server with a 60-40 split or worse. Both sides suffer as many players will lose out on extra instances of cities, not to mention other effects it has on RvR etc. I personally am not sure what can be done aside from limiting people for longer periods or adding faction lockouts if the server is unbalanced. But I don't think that will go down well. The only real workable solution is to make zerging less efficient and rewarding having a balanced population that fights Warband vs Warband rather than Warband vs Zerg.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

havartii

Post#4 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:14 am

Even when you manage to be on when a city happens the chances that your group gets in is slim. New World Failed.. there is no reason to be taking bad ideas from a bad game. Be better ! :lol:
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

zulnam

Post#5 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:36 am

Lol. Literally played a city last night.
The solution now is good, it just needs a bit of ironing out.

Like i suggested in another thread, City dates should be decided 4 in advance. This would cover 12 days, almost 2 weeks worth of city schedules. Ample time to organise and prepare for the city you want.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Garamore

Post#6 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:51 am

Is there anyone on destro building a 24? Seems most cities are now heavily won by people playing on order. Solo q destro are now getting order 6/12 mans. At city time pop was 60% order / 40% destro hence why the tercio guys didnt get a pop.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Nolofinwe

Post#7 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:08 am

zulnam wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:36 am Lol. Literally played a city last night.
The solution now is good, it just needs a bit of ironing out.

Like i suggested in another thread, City dates should be decided 4 in advance. This would cover 12 days, almost 2 weeks worth of city schedules. Ample time to organise and prepare for the city you want.
In 1 of 4 instances? Do I need to say more?
Lithlandis - Swordmaster
Ruandil - Shadow Warrior
Tholric - Warrior Priest

jshort

Post#8 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:01 am

Having city on a set time is the best patch i have seen so far. Before most cities habbend during night, 2am to 4am or like 10am in the morning (EU time). So during 80% of the cities i had to sleep or work... now cities are more likely to be played during my play time and i can plan for it.... LOVE IT.

And even before patch there were cities with only 2 instances....The reason so many people dont play cities anymore is they dont enjoy it and you dont need them to get the gear. And some warband leaders left the game and dont bring their warbands to city anymore.

The last patch was a step in the right direction, cause now the amount of crests gained makes city worth it again. But now lords are bugged on last step... 400+ to 150 kills and lost cause we couldnt kill lord so satisfying...Not. When this is fixed and people realize city is the most rewarding/fastest way to get crests they will play it again.
On live you could queue for city via scenario menu, maybe this would increase the number of players.

Ads
Evilspinnre

Post#9 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:09 am

Garamore wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:51 am Is there anyone on destro building a 24? Seems most cities are now heavily won by people playing on order. Solo q destro are now getting order 6/12 mans. At city time pop was 60% order / 40% destro hence why the tercio guys didnt get a pop.
FMJ, Abso, us, I C Nothing Alliance has the numbers to, some 12 mans merge together.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Kpi

Post#10 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:59 am

jshort wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:01 am Having city on a set time is the best patch i have seen so far. Before most cities habbend during night, 2am to 4am or like 10am in the morning (EU time). So during 80% of the cities i had to sleep or work... now cities are more likely to be played during my play time and i can plan for it.... LOVE IT.

And even before patch there were cities with only 2 instances....The reason so many people dont play cities anymore is they dont enjoy it and you dont need them to get the gear. And some warband leaders left the game and dont bring their warbands to city anymore.

The last patch was a step in the right direction, cause now the amount of crests gained makes city worth it again. But now lords are bugged on last step... 400+ to 150 kills and lost cause we couldnt kill lord so satisfying...Not. When this is fixed and people realize city is the most rewarding/fastest way to get crests they will play it again.
On live you could queue for city via scenario menu, maybe this would increase the number of players.
When the patch was released, i was very hasppy with it ( viewtopic.php?f=42&t=47678#p505588 ). Now, sadly, the experience show me the truth, with a scheduled city each 3 days, i'm playing less city sieges. The scheduled citys can work well, but need maximum 24 hours to improve the chances for all players to play

Lets see the Tercio's log again:

I'm EU player too, and as i said before, i only played 2 citys in 43 days. If i see the log of my Guild, a lucky player who has played in all the organized groups of the guild, played 7 city sieges (and missing 2 in queue because this don't pop) in 43 days. This is a city siege per week, and we was playing 2-3 Citys per week before the patch was released, and we are EU like you.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+