Recent Topics

Ads

feedback on renown ranking post 80

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
nebelwerfer

feedback on renown ranking post 80

Post#1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:33 am

hey all, i just want to suggest the following changes to ROR endgame renown farm.

-First thing is to increase the number of renown ranks gained for the amount needed to reach RR85 now, will bring put you at rank RR100 in the new system. Thorbolt would probably have been the first RR1000 or something, haha. This is because the ranking itself is fun, and the more levels you ding the better!

Unfortunatly the grind ramps up in tediousness after you reach RR80. This could put some people off, as after you ding you seem extremely far off the next RR and RR85 is way WAY out on the horizon. Very few players are like Thorbolt and will never reach RR100 in their lives.

This leads us to the second thing, which is adding more rewards to spice things up!
Here are some suggestions to what the post RR80 rewards could look like.

-RR90 - Adding a golden bestial bone as a higher renown rank privilege. It would allow to purchase and trade in bestial tokens indefinetly. Big for your characters wardrobe.

-RR100 - Current RR85 rewards, aka a unique appearance items.

-RR110 - Purple seeds? Actually meaning unique epic crafting items of all kinds to suit your character will be accessible to high RR toons, but the produce should bind on pickup, so it could only be consumed and enjoyed by the owner of the items.

-RR120 - I'm out of ideas, but surely there is some more potential!
Spoiler:
maybe never have to go gunbad again? A secret explosive to blow up a postern door or stick to the side of siege weapon? :lol: JK
And lastly it would be amazing if some trophies were updates in texture and graphics. They can be really terrible and hard to make out, updating it would be very interesting if someone is up for the task.

There has been some excellent work earlier and it would be interesting to see more work being done on the games more outdated stuff. Maybe even making some new ones. Keeping the old versions as an option ofcourse. :mrgreen:

Oh, and by the way.. If it's not always obvious, I am very grateful for the opportunity to play this game, thanks to the DEVS. And everyone else who makes this project work too ofc.

Ads
wonshot

Re: feedback on renown ranking post 80

Post#2 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:23 am

Cosmetics only, and maybe bit more carrot after rr 80 to make players enjoy their decked out toons would be cool.

Having the rr 80, rr 90, rr100 annoucements changed to every rank after 80 could also be a thing to motivate some players, and calling it a celebration when people say gratz for 10sec could be improved on with a realmwide buff for 1hour eachtime someone someone dings RR pass 80 or something.

The dyes were an intereting idea but since dyes never fade after applied alot of people already have the dyes they want so less appeal in the high rank dyes (which have been handed out previously from events)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ninjagon

Post#3 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:43 am

To (howsoever) develop a character past RR 80 would be interesting for the whole high rank player community.

Exclusive dyes - good.
Exclusive appearance (including weapons) - better.
Little extra power (like 1 more mastery point at RR90/100 or 1 more tactic slot) - best.
(But that won't probably happen.)
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Helwer

Post#4 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pm

Sounds good. One of my ideas was to add additional 1 renown points for every 10 levels. So you get an advantage and carrot, but it takes long to get really good stuff with that or even get OP. With 80 you have 80, with 90 than 81 renown points to spend. At current max of 255 there would be max 16 points what would be strong but hopefully never reached. :-)
Mastery Points at 90/100 is also an option, it will help to fill up trees but not give additional stuff when i am right wich is ok.

douluc

Post#5 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:35 pm

You forget the newbies who are crushed at lvl40 by 80rr+ players. To not loose the new players I propose that the rvr lvl buff remains until lvl50 rr50. Just an idea.

nebelwerfer

Post#6 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:47 pm

-Dyes

Thanks for reminding me there are dyes guys, I honestly completely forgot that those exist.
To me, that speaks for itself, but to overstate my opinion they are incredibly underwhelming rewards as the cooler dyes are not only expensive as hell, they are incredibly far off so this is not a worthwhile reward considering the time put in to get them.

-Masterypoints

Locked beyond RR80 I don't think there should be anything with implications to balance, more QoL improvements and spice items instead.

A bonus of additional masterypoints would make more sense in another topic, there aren't really any viable options to boost your masterypoints or resistances beyond the incredibly nerfed and outtdated merc/anni/ruin tier until endgame, so there is an improvement to be made on the gear progression.

-Re-introducing OLD renown abilities

It's fun to play with the thought of re-introducing the old renown abilities like a less powerful version of cleansing winds, resolute defense etc for renown points earned beyond 80, but I assume these are unwanted ingame by the devs, and afaik the community.
In any case they should probably also be more widely accessible if introduced, perhaps they should be on gear aswell. (some sov set granted abilities are not very engaging, the old abilities would be more fitting imo but i am going very off-topic)

-Mounts & ways to keep ranking interesting

New and old mounts being optional for higher renowned players is an interesting option, but I think they are mostly already accessible and their limited duration etc is spicing the game, giving them permanently might remove their uniqueness. I think a better option could be to allow new points to be earned after RR80, but these could only be spent on time restricted cosmetics with a long duration.

The renown rank 85 unique cosmetic items for example could have a one year duration, and be purchasable for 2 renown points. Any of the optional mounts in the game could be rented for a year for 3 points, and the golden bestial token i mentioned in the OP could be 1 renown point. It would give you something to grind for continuously, just from playing the game however you want as long as you gain renown.

This would necessarily mean that you would need to earn points more frequently, as to keep grinding and unlocking new stuff.
Last edited by nebelwerfer on Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caduceus

Post#7 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:49 pm

I'd love to see some extra cosmetic rewards, or maybe mounts, non-combat pets, that sort of thing.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Meliannia

Post#8 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:59 am

Hail all,

think this is the 3rd time this thread has appeared in recent memory
here are my thoughts below as

ive discussed this before a couple of times the idea of that small rewards given for RVR ranks achieved over 80, nothing game breaking and nothing really of significance but a little reward and recognition for progression like the AA system for max lev players invented in EQ (the Granddaddy of all MMO) which was copied over 10 yrs later by Rift using the PA system for max lev players

suggested rewards for RvR ranks above 80 for example
81 +5 hp
82 +3 toughness
83 + 3 str or Int or wp
84 +3 initiative
85 +10 resists
86 +20% quicker summon mount
87 +25 armour
88 +5% regen outside combat
89 -10% CD on all ports
90 wardrobe appearance item eg armour enamelling, or Aura/halo, or snazzy cloak or Ioun stones floating around you, rank 90 fireworks usable 1 x per week
91 double saddle, mount can carry you and a mate
92 3 more bag slots
93 +10% reknown gain for 1 hour duration once per week
94 +10HP
95 unique coloured generic sensible mount (horse, wolf, dragonlance gnome copter etc -NOT some stupid kiddy fluff squirrel or spider, or budgie mount)
96 +1% dodge and disrupt
97 Megaphone of Freedom (can break through a GM Mute for 1 hour per month)
98 3 more tradeskill bag slots
99 +1 to all stats
100 Perma statue in capital city and snazzy fireworks usable 1 x per day and also special rank 100 /dance or /flex emote

keep those ideas rollin in

'Swords In The Wind!"

The Mel

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#9 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:24 pm

Meliannia wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:59 am Hail all,

think this is the 3rd time this thread has appeared in recent memory
here are my thoughts below as

ive discussed this before a couple of times the idea of that small rewards given for RVR ranks achieved over 80, nothing game breaking and nothing really of significance but a little reward and recognition for progression like the AA system for max lev players invented in EQ (the Granddaddy of all MMO) which was copied over 10 yrs later by Rift using the PA system for max lev players

suggested rewards for RvR ranks above 80 for example
81 +5 hp
82 +3 toughness
83 + 3 str or Int or wp
84 +3 initiative
85 +10 resists
86 +20% quicker summon mount
87 +25 armour
88 +5% regen outside combat
89 -10% CD on all ports
90 wardrobe appearance item eg armour enamelling, or Aura/halo, or snazzy cloak or Ioun stones floating around you, rank 90 fireworks usable 1 x per week
91 double saddle, mount can carry you and a mate
92 3 more bag slots
93 +10% reknown gain for 1 hour duration once per week
94 +10HP
95 unique coloured generic sensible mount (horse, wolf, dragonlance gnome copter etc -NOT some stupid kiddy fluff squirrel or spider, or budgie mount)
96 +1% dodge and disrupt
97 Megaphone of Freedom (can break through a GM Mute for 1 hour per month)
98 3 more tradeskill bag slots
99 +1 to all stats
100 Perma statue in capital city and snazzy fireworks usable 1 x per day and also special rank 100 /dance or /flex emote

keep those ideas rollin in

'Swords In The Wind!"

The Mel
I really like the special dance / emote suggestion! The megaphone of freedom however.. :lol: that must be the weirdest idea

diegomess

Post#10 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:45 pm

Make RR87 or 90 players to have increased size, (taller) if they want. Like 5, 10%.

Other hair color and skin color would be nice as well. Hell imagine a blueish tzeentch warrior

Currently every 2 or 3 lvls u get a dye, that most of the time is worthless. Make it every lvl and give us more unique dyes.

I think these sugestions are easy and reasonable to implement
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80