Recent Topics

Ads

The loss of purple seeds

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
kirraha

The loss of purple seeds

Post#1 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:04 pm

Im sure more than me lost purple seeds to server crash or sudden own Dc.
Is there any plan on trying improve this? Make the seeds bound to char, so you can pick it out from Account entitlements when youre logged on the correct toon?

It surely is quite dissapointing to loose my 2nd seed due to this and not be able recover it.

Ads
Kpi

Re: The loss of purple seeds

Post#2 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:12 am

I hope the team fix this of some way soon. Or at least, they can sent you another seed if you lost it (maybe a census of players with purple seeds may be an option)
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Sever1n

Post#3 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:26 am

Yep a lot of olayers asked this long time ago

Rubius
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:42 am

Have never lost a purple seed like this but totally sympathize with those who have.

+1 to the idea that having them as an account unlock / buyable from vendor (still bound) would be a nice way to solve the issue without requiring the team to manually keep handing them out down the road.

licenje

Post#5 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:21 am

Rubius wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:42 am Have never lost a purple seed like this but totally sympathize with those who have.

+1 to the idea that having them as an account unlock / buyable from vendor (still bound) would be a nice way to solve the issue without requiring the team to manually keep handing them out down the road.
or they just ignore it and dont hand em down the road, and you just lost your seed... well this is how its been from start of server so i dont tink it will change

Sulorie

Post#6 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:57 am

licenje wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:21 am
Rubius wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:42 am Have never lost a purple seed like this but totally sympathize with those who have.

or they just ignore it and dont hand em down the road, and you just lost your seed... well this is how its been from start of server so i dont tink it will change
Well, nowadays you can restore deleted chars. Back then it was "**** happens". Most likely it is low priority.
Dying is no option.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#7 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:31 pm

It's not really something that we're ignoring or putting as a low priority. But as simple as it sounds, the developers couldn't track the issue and since the loss of the seed is linked to a lot of events happening, it's pretty hard to come up with a solution.

Our CM team proposed a way to refund through a less-inconvenient way, which requires the player to record while using the seed. But we also couldn't reinforce our argument when it came to some players abusing this method for their own benefits.

The CM team is still digging into solutions but most likely any solution will require a lot of tests first with various scenarios.

b00n

Post#8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:39 pm

how about making a tok for the seeds, and if u obtained one u unlock it. So if a seed is gone , u can prove it that way.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Ads
btbw2009
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:55 pm

tok and currency token (for track quantity)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:08 pm

Seeds don't need to be an infinite resource. It wouldn't take much to change them.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog