Recent Topics

Ads

NB poll

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: would you like the nb to return? opinion poll

1 yes I would like the nb to return completely
23%
2 no, I don’t want nb to get back. blocking nb was the right decision.
56%
3 i do not care.
7%
4 I don't care, but if it returns some of the players, then I don't mind.
7%
5 I would like the sequencer to be modernized and get some of the functions that nb had (in the comments)
7%
Total votes: 259

Alfa1986

NB poll

Post#1 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:10 am

Why argue all the time about whether the NB is important for the population or not, when you can simply conduct a poll?

Option 3 for those who absolutely do not care about the blocking of the NB and the related decline in the population. implies that they would rather not want the return of the NB

some people may be against the full return of the nb, but they would like to use some of the lost functions, so I did not think it was correct to leave only three answers.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Sulorie

Re: NB poll

Post#2 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:16 am

You would have to make such a poll ingame and login, because only a fraction of the player base visits forum and those are already the more engaged people as most just login and play. Hence why there are so many questions after patches, while ppl just have to read notes for answers.

The functions the sequencer is lacking, like adding potions, were discussed extensively in other threads already, no need to make another discussion about here. :)
Dying is no option.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#3 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:24 am

I don´t care that much, but voted for "2 no, I don’t want nb to get back. blocking nb was the right decision." The reasons for the no vote are quite obvious when you read the posts in the other NB thread.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Alfa1986

Post#4 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:24 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:16 am You would have to make such a poll ingame and login, because only a fraction of the player base visits forum and those are already the more engaged people as most just login and play. Hence why there are so many questions after patches, while ppl just have to read notes for answers.

The functions the sequencer is lacking, like adding potions, were discussed extensively in other threads already, no need to make another discussion about here. :)
it doesn't matter, this is not a guide to action, but just a survey. I agree that if a person is not interested, then he will not waste time writing a comment, but ticking a poll is a matter of one second

P$
at least now we could see that the majority is really for the ban of the NB, I would like to hope that these are real 10 people and not one with 10 different accounts).
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

toffikx

Post#5 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:19 pm

Well, what kind of functions would Sequencer be supossed to get?

daje88

Post#6 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:32 pm

You should add another option like "no, and effort should be made to find out who's still using it" since you can read about that on every single nb thread.
Spoiler:

Sinisterror

Post#7 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:35 pm

NB removal was good because of conditionals and i think it still exists in game. But adding any automation of skills i dont like. Havent used sequencer but if it has no things like "attacking only when flank of enemy / not attacking if has immunity" anything automated like that NOPE NOPE NOPE. Not even potions or morales. These give seconds that matter alot in PVP game where human response time and positional awareness makes all the difference.

I wish knew anything about emulator's or coding. But NOPE to all automations. EDIT; Imo if you want to apply buff/debuff it is a big difference if you use enemy/buffhead and see the buff/debuff icons and timers BUT it becomes different thing if you dont even need to worry about durations because NB/SEQ/AUTOMATION does it for you.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

abezverkhiy

Post#8 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:56 pm

I don't like conditionals as the ones outlined just above but I would like to have self focused conditionals like reapply the buff or do/don't do this/that where career resource is on a particular level.

Some specs require close monitoring of career resources which makes them unattractive compared to other.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Omegus

Post#9 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:14 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:56 pm I don't like conditionals as the ones outlined just above but I would like to have self focused conditionals like reapply the buff or do/don't do this/that where career resource is on a particular level.

Some specs require close monitoring of career resources which makes them unattractive compared to other.
There is literally no way to only allow some of this via the addon system. Addons have full access to the list of the current buffs and debuffs on you, your two targets and the other 5 people in your party. This includes the name/id of the buff, number of stacks, and time remaining. This same system is how the main game UI displays buffs (the main UI and addons are pretty much one and the same internally), how addons like Aura, Buffhead, etc, work too.

This is why the only real way the devs had of blocking NB is not blocking ability checks (as this is impossible and breaks everything else), but by blocking the one unique thing that NB does and that's changing which abilities/etc are assigned to which action bar slot while you're in combat. The main game UI and addons can still get the list of buffs/debuffs they need to work but they can no longer change your action bars while in combat, and it was the changing of the action bars on the fly which was the "automation" aspect that got it banned. Displaying information to the players has never been an issue.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

nebelwerfer

Post#10 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:01 pm

Op raises an important point that is there could and should have been a poll before a massive change, and feedback should have been compiled and listened to.

Such is the case with many changes, and the excellent capital city polling is a wonderful tool that is sadly underutilized. There has been two polls as far as i know, and both have been regarding pretty meaningless things and the questions were obscure.

If i was to be the community manager i would insist on using this tool to its potential to help guide the development of the game.