Recent Topics

Ads

Can we please have Nerfed Buttons back?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
marisco

Re: Can we please have Nerfed Buttons back?

Post#21 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:24 pm

Enemy/buffhead shows info: You still have to use your eyes to check it and your brain to decide what to do with that info. There is no automation.

Trying to compare that with NB was capable of doing is disingenuous at best and just lying with a straight face at worst.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#22 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:02 pm

If another answer helps, there are currently no plans to bring back Nerfed Buttons. It was a management decision based on technical facts and we've all left the addon behind and have moved forward. Please do the same.

abezverkhiy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:46 am This is another topic that will be queetly deleted. They know they fcuked it up, killed population but prefer to hide head in sand like an ostrich.

The game was playable and full of enjoyment with NB even if you never used it. Now it is a bloody desert.
We don't lock or delete posts without a reason, even if it's the same topic being repeated, you all deserve an answer and sometimes people do not catch up to the latest changes. We usually delete topics that are either tailored to create drama, by using new forum users (created for the sole purpose of triggering the community) or disrespectful threads filled with toxicity.

Regarding the population part, we've never hidden the fact that a small percentage of players may stop playing for either a short period of time or a permanent one after the addon's ban. It was crucial for some people and it was helpful for others. While the ones who considered it helpful managed to adapt to their classes without it, a minority couldn't stand the game with Nerfed Buttons gone. We understand that and while we always hoped people would put their own benefits aside and understand the general fair-play we were seeking for the whole community, some couldn't and that's sad but we respect their decision.

The collateral damage done after Nerfed Buttons' ban is from the past and since then we've only moved forward developing new stuff, tailoring new game modes and releasing new zones. 2022 is still in its beginning and there are plenty of upcoming new releases that will hopefully excite all of you. I've pushed some exclusive news to several MMORPG editors, so you may read some interesting stuff about the upcoming releases/plans in the upcoming weeks.

nebelwerfer

Post#23 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:31 pm

i have like ten thousand hours in this game pre nerf button removal and i could never prescribe a loss to this addon. Never felt my channel was interrupted too fast because of nerfedbuttons etc etc i can simply not relate to this problem.

A lot of players do prescribe their losses to this, more often than not i think they are wrong and that it's merely a form of coping.

I accurately predicted that these players would not be satisfied with the NB removal and that they would find other ways to cope, and or leave.

I started using NB myself about a month before the removal to make life easier playing marauder, IB and brightwizard with some pretty basic conditionals and sequences. It was really nice, and i felt NB made things a lot smoother. Considering the amount of skills on these classes it was a big QoL boost for me, and motivated me to play especially marauder to a greater extent.

And I think the removal of this addon leading to the effective removal of players with arthritis / loss of fingers / numb fingers and whatnot is not justified.

So I'd like it back too OP :mrgreen:

GRUSZKA

Post#24 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:37 pm

I'm completely against bringing NF back.
This is a dark age, a bloody age, an age of daemons and of sorcery. It is an age of battle and death, and of the world's ending. Amidst all of the fire, flame and fury it is a time, too, of mighty heroes, of bold deeds and great courage.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#25 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:27 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:02 pm If another answer helps, there are currently no plans to bring back Nerfed Buttons. It was a management decision based on technical facts and we've all left the addon behind and have moved forward. Please do the same.

abezverkhiy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:46 am This is another topic that will be queetly deleted. They know they fcuked it up, killed population but prefer to hide head in sand like an ostrich.

The game was playable and full of enjoyment with NB even if you never used it. Now it is a bloody desert.
We don't lock or delete posts without a reason, even if it's the same topic being repeated, you all deserve an answer and sometimes people do not catch up to the latest changes. We usually delete topics that are either tailored to create drama, by using new forum users (created for the sole purpose of triggering the community) or disrespectful threads filled with toxicity.

Regarding the population part, we've never hidden the fact that a small percentage of players may stop playing for either a short period of time or a permanent one after the addon's ban. It was crucial for some people and it was helpful for others. While the ones who considered it helpful managed to adapt to their classes without it, a minority couldn't stand the game with Nerfed Buttons gone. We understand that and while we always hoped people would put their own benefits aside and understand the general fair-play we were seeking for the whole community, some couldn't and that's sad but we respect their decision.

The collateral damage done after Nerfed Buttons' ban is from the past and since then we've only moved forward developing new stuff, tailoring new game modes and releasing new zones. 2022 is still in its beginning and there are plenty of upcoming new releases that will hopefully excite all of you. I've pushed some exclusive news to several MMORPG editors, so you may read some interesting stuff about the upcoming releases/plans in the upcoming weeks.
i mean ranked season 2 was 6 months ago and since then its still bugged, unfair, and a waste of time for anyone who has the gear already or is unable to get the gear due to being under 1k mmr.

the devs are again clueless about what the population wants even pretending that ranked is in a good state when theres literally only a dozen or half a dozen people playing it at peak time lol.

the idea that nerfed buttons gives you any advantage is hilarious and anyone who thinks that is literally just a noob and doesn't understand the game at all. everyone who is good at this game knows that only noobs are/were using nerfed buttons.

Alfa1986

Post#26 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:43 pm

Well, firstly, because of the blocking of NB, it took not a few percent, but almost half of the server. in different time zones, the effect was of course different, but it took about 30 (EU) -50 (NA)% of the population. secondly, yes,
the idea of ​​locking the NB visited the developers from time to time, always from the very beginning of the opening of this server, but according to them, it was almost impossible to implement without breaking a lot of other add-ons. but the result of why they turned it off is still not clear. They have been looking for a way to ban the NB for a long time and eventually found, admit that so much time and effort was wasted, and even with a minus sign, which led the game to the collapse of the population is not easy.

In addition, I think that some ways to open NB still exist, those people who are good at programming have already opened NB again several times after the ban, but then they just stopped advertising their software solutions, leaving the working version of the addon for use only by friends and acquaintances.
then there are technical means to perform the same actions as performed by NB, special gaming keyboards and mice. Well, and lastly, some classes are not critical to the use of the NB addon, such as zealot and BW, for example, a good part of the skills can be removed and not used at all, and the rest can hardly but quite fit on the standard layout of a regular keyboard.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

abezverkhiy

Post#27 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:05 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:02 pm Regarding the population part, we've never hidden the fact that a small percentage of players may stop playing for either a short period of time or a permanent one after the addon's ban.
You all look like educated lot so you should know that a definition of "a small percentage" is not 50% but merely 5% or less.

However, you refuse to accept this truth and that is why I referred to ostrich. You don't respect the obvious while demand from us to respect the decision to ban and move on.

See the controversy?
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

tazdingo

Post#28 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:16 pm

bg doesn't need nb, seq does exactly what u need. what 85 additional abilities have u found? 1 - 5, q, e, f, m1 - m5, mmb, then all of these shifted. you literally cannot buy a mouse on amazon without a couple extra buttons now. everything in immediate reach. people way overblow bg/ib, just play it its good

the only tangible thing nb loss did to tanks was remove immediate shatter

Ads
mynban

Post#29 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:51 pm

Spoiler:
GamesBond wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:02 pm If another answer helps, there are currently no plans to bring back Nerfed Buttons. It was a management decision based on technical facts and we've all left the addon behind and have moved forward. Please do the same.

loss of small percentage? Oceania evenings sometimes dont even reach 200 anymore (compared to 400+ pre NB ban). Number of people moved to ESO and GW2 after the NB ban killed of OCE timezone.

I guess as long as EU primetime has a health population fuk everyone else..

PS: a new addon that swaps skillbars based on NB conditionals already exists and devs know about it and pretend it doesnt exist... Pure hypocrisy.. Just not to swallow pride and admit a wrong

dwyur

Post#30 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:40 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:43 pm Well, firstly, because of the blocking of NB, it took not a few percent, but almost half of the server. in different time zones, the effect was of course different, but it took about 30 (EU) -50 (NA)% of the population.
This keeps being repeated by the people upset over NBs removal, and it is not remotely true. The server population has only grown in the last 2 months both primetime and dead NA night time, due to people coming back from MMO releases like New World/ Land of the Dead testing / natural cycle of getting bored with RoR and returning.

50% of the NA population did not leave due to NBs removal; when I stopped playing a year ago NA was even more dead than it is now.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa