Recent Topics

Ads

PLEASE turn shard drops into crest drops

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Stinkyweed

Re: PLEASE turn shard drops into crest drops

Post#41 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:38 pm

I am rr85+ with a mix of INV/WAR gear and need both INV and ROY for gear. ...I log out almost every Fort and City because they are so terribad and boring.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#42 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:42 pm

Elemint wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:23 pm I asked because i'm approx 2 weeks away from my 6th BIS char, 4 of them very close to the ranked ring. In this grind, by far the most boring part is pve, and by far the most tedious grind is invader/royal. Now tosh you say you don't do cities, you prefer open, but you disagree with this suggestion - which would make open relevant in the grind again. In my opinion open rvr is the absolute core of the game. The pitiful shards from kills don't really make a sizeable impact in the grind, they spare you one or two cities. What i'd like to happen is for the game to reward good old killing again. Not supply running, not stacking contribution to get crests from zone locks, simple going out and murdering red. It's been a while since sov released, i don't see a reason to keep the throttle on it anymore...
I guess I come from a “old school” mindset of pvp mmorpgs. I like the grind of gearing and “earning” my gear. Took my slayer 9 months to get the gear he has as a solo player who didn’t do cities ( pre shard release, pre increase of bags) . If I cared about getting BIS I would do cities, I would do pve, I would be doing ranked. Hell I would be doing 6 man organized play. one of the things I have always asked when I streamed over and over again, and this conversation always came up every year about about gear grinds. I always asked, ok so you get ur BiS gear at the rate you want it, as some players want it literally now while others are willing to take 6 months or longer is, fine get ur gear. Then what. Once u get ur gear, what are you gonna do? Most just say roll alts, some quit as they have zero carrot, and some keep playing. the only thing I disagree with with RoR Devs is the pve lockout timers. If you can farm Influence gear without a timer, make all pve gear without lockout timers. But that’s a different conversation.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Garamore

Post#43 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:50 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:42 pm Once u get ur gear, what are you gonna do?
Kill people
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Elemint

Post#44 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:52 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:42 pm Once u get ur gear, what are you gonna do?
Have another character to try and compete in an uncompetitive game

dwyur

Post#45 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:25 pm

licenje wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:37 am Got my slayer full sov/war in 6 months, did 3 city in total, all rest got from orvr in time when shards didnt drop so bags only income (5h+ playtime a day), and i had inv gear so its only royals grind...
My AM took 5 months (first 3 months where only invader grind since i had it on slayer and didnt have it on am), but when when my AM got inv gear shards got in game so 2 months from inv to sov about same play time. did 0 city on am.
So shards reduced grind from 6 months to 2 months, if you do city its not so bad.
But inv gear grind on AM was still worst for me...
So something like this:

remove inv shard
renow 70-80 drop invader
renow 80-85 drop royal shards
renow 85+ drop royal crest
... since i dont realy know how it works at moment, is it chance to drop or players at some rr always drop, id leave that same as it is cos they drop plenty.
Why is this even a conversation? You convert royals to Invader 1:1 (it should be 1:2 or 1:3 in my opinion, which would help what your talking about- a rough Invader grind). why would you ever force the game to only drop invader RR70-80. then you will be RR78 and eligible to get Sov gear with zero royals..

I agree shards should be removed most likely to help the grind a little further. It's remained the same for over a year now as Bombling mentioned (besides the ORvR bags dropping Invader/Royals based on the ToK unlock, a very good change); why not assist the people playing catch up even more now, due to the fact the people who play the most are even more geared out on multiple characters, than the people who maybe can't play every city.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Osred

Post#46 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:51 pm

Maybe not remove shards from the game. But possibly reduce the amount needed from 5 to 3, or even 2?
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

tazdingo

Post#47 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:42 am

this has been said a lot and gets shot down every time but emblem to shard conversion would alleviate a lot of this. i don't think the grind is that bad more the way that you have to play in a way you might not necessarily want to for a pretty long period of time

if you could eventually get the gear you wanted whilst playing the content you wanted, even if it took significantly longer than doing it in the most efficient manner (like just doing rvr for royals now and never cities), there would be no grind at all

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#48 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:46 am

There's no alleviating this complaint and there never will be. Someone will always be better geared than you no matter how long it takes you to acquire gear, and it will always feel like you're playing from behind until you finish your gear, at which point you won't have a reason to play since the gear grind is all you play for, and you're rerolling to start the grind again so you can play with some sense of purpose.

The fix for this is to give you a button to push when you create a character. You don't get to acquire gear at all. None. You simply get assigned gear, it's as good as it will ever be, and you don't have to worry about the gear grind since that doesn't matter to you and you derive no satisfaction from the core power scaling inherent to this game. You might as well be playing a shooter or a moba.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#49 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:55 am

dwyur wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:41 pm
pvprangergod wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:10 pm Delete solo ranked, delete cities, delete forts, enjoy 2k+ pop 24/7.
Huh? Delete all variety of end game content so that we have infinity open rvr with no conclusion, will generate a 2k steady population?

:lol: what
yes i think so, but RVR needs some small fixes and touches to make it work and flow nicely. for one example- retaking keeps does not currently work if the lord is dead.

other typical example is the attacker realm should have to hold all 4 battle objectives for say 1 minute time in order to lock the zone. this means zerging will be impossible or hard, because smart 6mans can move between BO's to fight the zerg.

of course many other options different or similar, can be made to make RVR more appealing to soloers, duo, small groups, 12mans, and warbands.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#50 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:03 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:46 am There's no alleviating this complaint and there never will be. Someone will always be better geared than you no matter how long it takes you to acquire gear, and it will always feel like you're playing from behind until you finish your gear, at which point you won't have a reason to play since the gear grind is all you play for, and you're rerolling to start the grind again so you can play with some sense of purpose.

The fix for this is to give you a button to push when you create a character. You don't get to acquire gear at all. None. You simply get assigned gear, it's as good as it will ever be, and you don't have to worry about the gear grind since that doesn't matter to you and you derive no satisfaction from the core power scaling inherent to this game. You might as well be playing a shooter or a moba.
thats all wrong, the core power scaling is player skill and always will be. the difference between a group who is both individually skilled and coordinate well together is day and night to any pug group or even guilds who are not properly skilled or poor at coordination, or just lack the initiative to try.

collecting gear is just a tedious thing for me to do, because it doesn't actually come from a challenge since its just a grind. even noob player can eventually have full sovereign by doing Pug solo queue cities or just half AFKing in every fort battle with their brain turned off. if it was different, that PVE was a challenge and end game PVP gearing was a challenge and not hand holding then maybe that would be true and gear actually meant something other than amount of hours sunk into your character.