Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - LotD 2nd Test

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
dalen
Developer

Re: [FEEDBACK] - LotD 2nd Test

Post#21 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:55 pm

dwyur wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:31 pm I had I think ~8 resources and submitted them maybe 5 minutes after it began and was #20 in queue; when I talked to Expedition Master again to see my # in the queue it put me to the back of the line/like I didn't submit anything, so I wasn't able to join. So that's only issue really- slightly confusing method entering the area. I wasn't aware I'd eventually get a reservation like a fort and then could fly to zone; also if you've submitted your resources to the expedition master it should prevent you from being asked the question of submitting more.

Watching on stream it looked like a lot of fun; I think another test or two where people better understand the mechanics it will improve on it's own.
It didn't put you to the back of the line, it was just that others had submitted more resources. But can try to make the popup message a bit clear about that.
Source Developer

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#22 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:56 pm

MMXX43 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:48 pm
3. Make the NPC groups stronger and enable them to capture back the held objectives --> realms will be forced to bring enough force to defend their objectives; make it scale with e.g. realm progress for example; this also enables the underdog realm to coordinate pushes with help from NPCs, a bit MOBA style lane-gameplay.
^ Introduce the third faction to destroy the blobing !
They are already able to do that, and did so many times during the test.

It is also already scaling with realm progress.
Source Developer

dwyur

Post#23 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:03 pm

dalen wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:55 pm
dwyur wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:31 pm I had I think ~8 resources and submitted them maybe 5 minutes after it began and was #20 in queue; when I talked to Expedition Master again to see my # in the queue it put me to the back of the line/like I didn't submit anything, so I wasn't able to join. So that's only issue really- slightly confusing method entering the area. I wasn't aware I'd eventually get a reservation like a fort and then could fly to zone; also if you've submitted your resources to the expedition master it should prevent you from being asked the question of submitting more.

Watching on stream it looked like a lot of fun; I think another test or two where people better understand the mechanics it will improve on it's own.
It didn't put you to the back of the line, it was just that others had submitted more resources. But can try to make the popup message a bit clear about that.
That makes sense; I submitted resources and was at #20, waited a little bit and went to check again and it was #29. I checked again maybe 20 minutes later and it said I was #49. So I was thinking it put me to back of line re-submitting.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Garamore

Post#24 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:53 pm

dalen wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:56 pm
MMXX43 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:48 pm
3. Make the NPC groups stronger and enable them to capture back the held objectives --> realms will be forced to bring enough force to defend their objectives; make it scale with e.g. realm progress for example; this also enables the underdog realm to coordinate pushes with help from NPCs, a bit MOBA style lane-gameplay.
^ Introduce the third faction to destroy the blobing !
They are already able to do that, and did so many times during the test.

It is also already scaling with realm progress.

This is a bad idea. This will lead to warband leaders waiting for the other warband to engage in pve then hit from behind.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

HammerGuy

Post#25 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:27 pm

NPCs felt irrelevant, likely due to the zergfest. Perhaps a mechanic that increases the strength of the NPCs based on the number of players engaging the NPCs at the PQs. Another idea to balance the zerging would be having the NPCs spawn at the objectives owned by the realm winning the zone. Maybe have it tied to the points lead, with a larger spread spawning stronger NPCs.

Capturing objectives behind the frontline happened too often. Perhaps a 5 minute lock on the objective after it is captured by one side or the other. Another idea would be to increase the time to capture an objective not on the frontline, so as to give the other realm a chance to respond. A lot of time was spent running back and forth between objectives. Capturing objectives in the rear is fine, but it should be less frequent.

Silver scarab decay time should be longer. I had scarabs decay as soon as I looted them.

Not sure if it's a bug of my own making, but I logged out of LOTD and when I logged back in a few hours later my character was in LOTD devoid of NPCs. When I used the book of binding it put me in some limbo place (no ground or sky). The game crashed, I logged back in and had to use a war report to leave the area.

Ninjagon

Post#26 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:18 pm

1. More anti-zerg mechanics.
Make one (even coordinated) realm blob should not be the best option to win LotD.
Ideally the cooperation of small scale (6 man) and large scale (WB) forces should be the best strategy.
Battle objectives should be captured (like 30 sec) -> defended (like 3 mints) -> locked (for like 9 mints) -> neutral and open for another capture.

2. More options to help your faction (ideally for small scale forces)
Bring resources to spawn bridge across (more deadly) river, accessible only for your faction (new quicker path to disrupt enemy lines).
Defeat NPC hero/village so they will fight for you for a brief time (3-6 man content).

3. Active balance mechanics.
Points from objectives vs points from kills vs actual population in the zone.

4. Add unique rewards - like rings, talismans or weapons from new LotD currency.

PS: Big THX to the RoR team!
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Dageca

Post#27 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:41 pm

Engi 80+
Group: BT sniper squad.
Comp: 2-3 IB, 3 Engies snipers.
First time.

Lots of fun for me, moving between Objectives defending them from WE and gobbos squads, there was always some place to go defend or take, We couldn't do anything agains bigger groups (like the 12 men capping our initial BO's) but was fun anyway.
Brenand, Engineer - Bilkhir, IronBreaker - Oligir, Slayer 6x

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#28 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:43 pm

Thank you all for sharing your constructive criticism, please feel free to keep on going as we go through all the replies.

Feedback is always welcomed, even if it's not always guaranteed to be implemented, it would always help in tuning or changing an original idea the devs have had.

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#29 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:49 am

Well, yes. "make for small groups", "make for organisied warband", "we don't need a zerg fest", most of the reviews are like a blueprint. when the cities was introduced it came out something like that, the emphasis on implementation was placed on meeting the demand of small "elite" groups and the so-called "organized" wbz, everyone knows the result: at first, the unrestrained farming of the sovereign sets by this organised wbz, then the dead cities.
do not repeat the same mistake, this zone may well accommodate everyone who wants to take part in the capture without any problems for the server, given the current population of the server.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Eisenbart2

Post#30 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:29 pm

Unfortunately I missed the first test so I really wanted to make it to the second test and spend quite some time farming the lakes for resources. My IB gathered 67 resources and my Engi 33. I had two issues:

First - I assume its a bug. When my IB tried to queue it took the resources but didn't give me a spot so I ended up not being able to enter while having far more than necessary resources.

Second - considering the time I spend on my snb IB and my snipe/grenade Engi the gathered resources indicate a strong imbalance. So My IB made around 2.5 ress/h while my Engi had 8.3 ress/h. The IB was mainly in warbands active and the Engi solo or duo. I understand that this data is screwed based on one heavy fort defense but even with half this success DPS have an advantage in the current "gathering process".

Therefore I would like to suggest that resources should be gainable from other sources as well. Maybe link them to running boxes, zone locks or add spawning Lord/Hero Skelets in rvr lakes that drop some ress but require a 6man to handle them.
80+ IB, SL, RP, Engi, WP, BW
70+ SM, Kotbs, SW
60+ AM, WL, WH