Recent Topics

Ads

Weekly Wipes ... sort of

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
daje88

Re: Weekly Wipes ... sort of

Post#11 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:29 pm

Lets be honest... The grind is not that bad.
You can easily get to full Vanq in few weeks being an active player, farming some contribution in the lakes, and with that you can play almost every class, maybe not in city or ranked, but that seems fair to me.
Join an active guild, join organized wbs, and city and fort becomes accessible to you even in vanq.
You should try to hit rank 40 while being at least rr45 or better rr50 so you can start dropping vanq asap in t4.
The real gap is in knowing the game's mechanics, you can grind Sov with your tank, but if you don't know how to play the class, you're as useless as a tank in full Duelist.
For me, joining a good guild and organized players, cuts some time from the grind, but you need to be active. If you want to dress your char by going afk in the lakes, well....
Maybe devs can try take a look at t3 sets, making them less useless, but really, most of the time i use Conq for few days after hitting r40, then i usually get my vanq set.
Spoiler:

Ads
Parallell86

Post#12 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:33 pm

invader takes about 2-3 weeks to grind a full set if you are very active.
Sovereign requires 419 Crests for full set. How motivated would YOU be to try and get it in under a week only to have all gear reset in a matter of days?

You dont like your own idea, no one else does either. I could simply say its a super bad idea, but its beyond that. The set piece prices would need to be cut down by 90-95% to give people a real shot at aquiring them week by week. And even then how many weeks would people keep at it? Not many I say, not many.

And frankly this game together with the community has turned into a dressup game where people rather go lock an easy zone than dealing with the enemy. Theres very little to no roaming in many zones as they unlock, people hang between warcamp and the closest BO for swift retreat and pointless fights. Caledor, Etaine, Troll Country/Ostland, Shadowlands, Marches of Madness/Barrak Varr, Black Fire Pass.......all these zones and more people are drawn to the same spot close to the warcamp like a tick is drawn to a dog.

This is a real issue and causing people to get bored of RVR, not grinding the sets. If you dont like leveling and gearing up then MMO isnt for you.

dwyur

Post#13 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:48 pm

Definitely not- but I do feel there should be some sort of "leveling event" on a weekend where T1 pops off again would help the server. I'm not sure what the event would actually be, but I don't think having an event to quickly level a character is a bad thing especially for those who are still new or want to join up/want another level 40 character.

Ashoris wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:40 pm remembers me a little bit on the DAoC Phoenix event were for a week everybody was RR-1 again ... and you couldnt progress limitless so there was an even playing field
It was a huge success community wise.
Yes this is exactly what I'm referring to. An event to get T1 going off again and where someone can quickly level a character 1-40/RR50.
Would only help to get people playing again/more characters.

Starting an alt at lvl 1 right now is so unappealing to me, and I started tons of alts back when the population was higher and there was 2x XP/RR events, which don't happen anymore because no one is really leveling.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

drbaker

Post#14 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:54 pm

daje88 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:29 pm Lets be honest... The grind is not that bad.
You can easily get to full Vanq in few weeks being an active player, farming some contribution in the lakes, and with that you can play almost every class, maybe not in city or ranked, but that seems fair to me.
Join an active guild, join organized wbs, and city and fort becomes accessible to you even in vanq.
You should try to hit rank 40 while being at least rr45 or better rr50 so you can start dropping vanq asap in t4.
The real gap is in knowing the game's mechanics, you can grind Sov with your tank, but if you don't know how to play the class, you're as useless as a tank in full Duelist.
For me, joining a good guild and organized players, cuts some time from the grind, but you need to be active. If you want to dress your char by going afk in the lakes, well....
Maybe devs can try take a look at t3 sets, making them less useless, but really, most of the time i use Conq for few days after hitting r40, then i usually get my vanq set.
I see. so the wiki says I need 1650 medals for Conqueror Set. I think I have around 50 so far. So I only need to grind another 1600 in the next 5 levels so I can just "use Conq for few days after hitting r40". Either you are talking rubbish or I am missing something.

daje88

Post#15 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:03 pm

Conq full set is about 600 tokens. You can buy boots and gloves from AH or send them from your main. You should try to get more keeps for the bonus to roll a gold bag and more contribution in general. With healers and tanks it's not that hard to dress up, imho.
Spoiler:

drbaker

Post#16 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:31 pm

daje88 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:03 pm Conq full set is about 600 tokens. You can buy boots and gloves from AH or send them from your main. You should try to get more keeps for the bonus to roll a gold bag and more contribution in general. With healers and tanks it's not that hard to dress up, imho.
I have been playing a couple of weeks and while i haven't been keeping count I would suspect I have played 10+ forts and destro have not won a single one. Perhaps I play at a bad time of the day for destro but equally I don't want to have to change to order to roll zones and forts just to make it practical to get higher level gear.

Sulorie

Post#17 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:34 pm

drbaker wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:31 pm
daje88 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:03 pm Conq full set is about 600 tokens. You can buy boots and gloves from AH or send them from your main. You should try to get more keeps for the bonus to roll a gold bag and more contribution in general. With healers and tanks it's not that hard to dress up, imho.
I have been playing a couple of weeks and while i haven't been keeping count I would suspect I have played 10+ forts and destro have not won a single one. Perhaps I play at a bad time of the day for destro but equally I don't want to have to change to order to roll zones and forts just to make it practical to get higher level gear.
Zone bags and city siege are a lot better to earn invader currency, than forts.
Dying is no option.

knick

Post#18 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:23 pm

Secrets wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:32 am Remove Anni/Merc/Conq/Dom vendor bought - or severely reduce the cost to the point where you only have to do maybe 2, 3 SCs.

Make Vanquisher/Opp take its place as the 'grindable' set. Triumphant and Victorious set optionally should be obtainable 1 piece at a time from Weekend Warfront.

The fact is there's multiple grinds is a bit disheartening and the gear gap is too much right now for new players without a doubt. Ranked is equally dead due to the gear gap and players getting disheartened by the grind.

Remove the lockout on City, Gunbad, and Bloodlord. Let people run it until their eyes bleed or they get their set so friends can help out their friends without having to worry about lockouts.

This is a decent compromise to the fact that you can't exactly remove the gear from progression, and can't instantly boost new characters to 40. Fully established players are just going to discourage new players or veteran players from playing new classes.

The above is the proper solution to implement a 'catchup' mechanic without devaluing the 1-40 experience. The fresh 40 experience is abysmal.
actual this is the best suggestion i have read in this forum for months now.
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Ads
Sulorie

Post#19 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:27 pm

knick wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:23 pm
Secrets wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:32 am Remove Anni/Merc/Conq/Dom vendor bought - or severely reduce the cost to the point where you only have to do maybe 2, 3 SCs.

Make Vanquisher/Opp take its place as the 'grindable' set. Triumphant and Victorious set optionally should be obtainable 1 piece at a time from Weekend Warfront.

The fact is there's multiple grinds is a bit disheartening and the gear gap is too much right now for new players without a doubt. Ranked is equally dead due to the gear gap and players getting disheartened by the grind.

Remove the lockout on City, Gunbad, and Bloodlord. Let people run it until their eyes bleed or they get their set so friends can help out their friends without having to worry about lockouts.

This is a decent compromise to the fact that you can't exactly remove the gear from progression, and can't instantly boost new characters to 40. Fully established players are just going to discourage new players or veteran players from playing new classes.

The above is the proper solution to implement a 'catchup' mechanic without devaluing the 1-40 experience. The fresh 40 experience is abysmal.
actual this is the best suggestion i have read in this forum for months now.
I would disagree but it needs some explanation.

Currently, the advised progression route is to avoid unnecessary xp gains and focus on renown in order to get up to rr50+ by the time you reach rank 40.
Higher rr gives advantages even early on, when rr is still capped at rank, mainly breaking down higher tier currency drops to quickly purchase your armor set of choice.
Slotting talismans is worth it, as you don't change your gear every few hours. You make gold towards your 60% mount, which is a nice bonus too.
Doing so, there is no obstacle whatsoever in getting Anni/Merc and Dom gear, including sc weapons, as long as you frequently play sc. I know it's a timezone thing and can be difficult for certain parts of the playerbase.

Conq set is of all those sets the most difficult to get, unless you break down invader meds from fort sieges (what you shouldn't do!) and vanq meds are quite rare early on and are only obtainable from random drops sub40.

Your suggestion promotes leveling to rank 40 with rr40-45, or simple rushing to r40 no matter what rr - in t4 sc you can easily gather the missing renown - while you don't have to worry about the gear, as the game throws it at you.

What will most likely happen?
Players tend to pick the easiest way possible and more people will rush to 40, because nothing stops you, as you already have all the gear by then - gear you would usually farm while being midtier or at r40, with low rr and a lot of pain.

Midtier will lose players, as there is less incentive to stay there like farming rr to have it significantly easier at r40.

On removing dungeon lootroll lockouts I could agree with some adjustments. For a start remove the no-loot-for-everyone-rule, if more than one in party has lockout.
The jewel quests should only be available once a week and and I would keep it similar with influence unlocks. If not, people will rush it as well, which means less players overall will look for a parties, when the same grp of players do it quickly multiple times in a row.
The biggest time sink is already finding groups.
Dying is no option.

MedV

Post#20 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:35 pm

Remove Dungeon lockouts !! Sad when I do a run of BB/BE and then 2 days later my guild wants to go and I’m locked out of a dungeon I just want to finish because I did it 2 days prior.

Also finding groups for dungeons is hard enough it hurts my insides when I see “looking for 1 healer for bb/be” in /5 and I’m on lock out.
The King.