Recent Topics

Ads

Weekly Wipes ... sort of

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Wuhh

Weekly Wipes ... sort of

Post#1 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:43 pm

the idea is to wipe gear only on a monday. giving all 40's access to conqueror gear or gear suitable to their rr if below that threshold. Levelling the playing field gearwise (not renown/mastery) to enable lower levelled players to feel like they stand a better chance.

Tuesday give all players that have the unlock Vanq gear and the sc weapons etcetc according to their tome unlocks.

Wednesday Invader etcetc

Thursday Warlord etc

Friday. Release all gears to those that have the unlocks (ie had it before this whole wipe idea started). So for fri/sat/sun the 80+ Sov geared and long term players have their hard earned and long fought for gears to go and compete with.

So I'm not sure i like my idea, but it might actually have a good/fun/entertaining effect on the overall flow of orvr and sc? giving people a chance, a gear leveller, a skill demonstration.

Please comment below :D Happy New Year!

Ads
Emissary
Community Management

Re: Weekly Wipes ... sort of

Post#2 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:19 pm

My momma said ...
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

potwood

Post#3 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:25 pm

This seems more like a letter to Santa Claus than a suggestion

Morradin

Post#4 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:12 am

So every week a player has to buy all the gear all over again? Do all the dungeons again?

So you want this game to be unplayable?

Sulorie

Post#5 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:33 am

Wuhh wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:43 pm

So I'm not sure i like my idea, but it might actually have a good/fun/entertaining effect on the overall flow of orvr and sc? giving people a chance, a gear leveller, a skill demonstration.

Please comment below :D Happy New Year!
You asked a question and I will try to answer you. :)

You don't like your idea.

Happy New Year!
Dying is no option.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#6 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:32 am

Remove Anni/Merc/Conq/Dom vendor bought - or severely reduce the cost to the point where you only have to do maybe 2, 3 SCs.

Make Vanquisher/Opp take its place as the 'grindable' set. Triumphant and Victorious set optionally should be obtainable 1 piece at a time from Weekend Warfront.

The fact is there's multiple grinds is a bit disheartening and the gear gap is too much right now for new players without a doubt. Ranked is equally dead due to the gear gap and players getting disheartened by the grind.

Remove the lockout on City, Gunbad, and Bloodlord. Let people run it until their eyes bleed or they get their set so friends can help out their friends without having to worry about lockouts.

This is a decent compromise to the fact that you can't exactly remove the gear from progression, and can't instantly boost new characters to 40. Fully established players are just going to discourage new players or veteran players from playing new classes.

The above is the proper solution to implement a 'catchup' mechanic without devaluing the 1-40 experience. The fresh 40 experience is abysmal.

Misaji

Post#7 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:02 pm

RoR is anything but new player friendly, the gear grind is disgustingly messed up and convoluted. PvE lockouts are just dumb and if the team thinks these kind of measures are necessary to keep a "healthy" pop, then they are on the same "copium" as players, but for different reasons. But hey, who am I to express my opinion, silence me.
Bashmasta
Grobarsh

Sulorie

Post#8 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:28 pm

Misaji wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:02 pm RoR is anything but new player friendly, the gear grind is disgustingly messed up and convoluted. PvE lockouts are just dumb and if the team thinks these kind of measures are necessary to keep a "healthy" pop, then they are on the same "copium" as players, but for different reasons. But hey, who am I to express my opinion, silence me.
Why would someone silence you, when they can just ignore your well reasoned and explained feedback.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Ashoris

Post#9 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:40 pm

remembers me a little bit on the DAoC Phoenix event were for a week everybody was RR-1 again ... and you couldnt progress limitless so there was an even playing field
It was a huge success community wise.

I still think one of the easiest steps would be to make all currency and items account wide and not character bound to at least soften the inherent Warhammer problem of having ameta around 2/2/2 but a archetype distribution of 3/6/3

It also would make it easier to equip heavy gear dependent classes because you could gear them up to a degree were they are fun to play
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

drbaker

Post#10 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:50 pm

As a new player I have to agree about the gear gap being too big. As funny as it is to see multiple people wailing on a lone tank while they slowly walk back to their warcamp, or literally unkillable healers, its not as funny to get constantly two shotted before you can even get in range of the enemy or getting jumped by a witch hunter and dying before you get out of stun.

I get the impression that since during the time zone that I play, destruction is always outnumbered and we haven't won a single fort, it would probably take years of grinding to get competitive gear.

I guess the idea the devs have is that you should play scenarios at your tier level till you get good enough gear to survive in the lakes. Problem is that at least in my time zone nobody is playing scenarios at my level.

My idea would be to merge the scenario tiers but give everyone the same gear. Not necessarily all the scenarios, but maybe have one that is an even playing field so that new players can stand a chance.