Recent Topics

Ads

Only reset defense timer when siege weapon is completely destroyed

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
aaearon

Only reset defense timer when siege weapon is completely destroyed

Post#1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:28 am

This is a follow up to https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/19499 where it was explained that it is an intended game mechanic when a siege weapon is damaged (not sure if any damage at all or must be to a certain extent, if that same amount is valid for all weapons -- oil vs cannons, etc.) the defense timer is reset.

I think the bug report explains the downsides of the mechanic pretty well as how it is today, with a multiple warbands, it can still be possible for a single player to damage a siege weapon enough where the defense timer is reset. This mechanic is not really fun for the defenders as if this happens multiple times you can be sitting there for awhile. It can be even worse when this happens in a time of low population as it can bring the RvR action to a halt while one side sits there defending.

My proposal would be: the defense timer should only be reset when a siege weapon is completely destroyed.

Ads
Vegetaplays
Community Management

Re: Only reset defense timer when siege weapon is completely destroyed

Post#2 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:31 am

+1, its not about the bags, but how a single player can halt a zone for 30+ minutes and have defenders stuck in their keep. The siege weapons dont even work 90% of the time, so whats the point of defending them.

OGFear

Post#3 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:35 am

This 100% Should not be Working as Intended. There is NO WORLD, where this is fun and engaging for ANYONE on the receiving end this should be counted as an Exploit and should be treated as such. No one player should be able to stall out a Keep Inner Door respawn for An hour. Incredibly stupid game design that needs reworking.

Lerris81

Post#4 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:37 am

My questions are:
Is it a bug?
When it is a bug, then is it bugusing.
Is bugusing allow?

Onemantankwall

Post#5 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:46 am

Lerris81 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:37 am My questions are:
Is it a bug?
When it is a bug, then is it bugusing.
Is bugusing allow?
Atm its WAI if you read the link. Most believe it really serves no purpose other than to grief tho. Pretty sure majority will agree its complete removal from the timer mechanic or its nerf like full siege wep death as mentioned to reset is needed and would be welcomed.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Lerris81

Post#6 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:03 am

Amazing!
It is actually no bug.
Sounds really funny!

Caduceus

Post#7 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:52 am

I'm trying to wrap my head around how a sane mind can label this as "WAI".
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:03 pm

OGFear wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:35 am This 100% Should not be Working as Intended. There is NO WORLD, where this is fun and engaging for ANYONE on the receiving end this should be counted as an Exploit and should be treated as such. No one player should be able to stall out a Keep Inner Door respawn for An hour. Incredibly stupid game design that needs reworking.
It is working as intended, but it's really not fun or engaging, and certainly doesn't feel all that fair. I've recommended alternatives, but development time is limited and this isn't considered a high priority.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Pkunk

Post#9 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:17 pm

It is not fair in any way what so ever. I guess plenty of order got pissed at me earlier today (playing my we Bowelf) and pulling this **** on you. There is a reason why I did so. Destro get this all the time and it feels good to give a little love back at you.

If you want to stop it, do this: Get WH's with high init and post them on the way to the arty.
This is the only thing that works.

I'd also like to thank those of you that xrealmed over to tell me fun stuff. That made my day.

Devs should just removed this option or frankly say that it will give you a day off.

Topdude

Post#10 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:24 pm

Vegetaplays wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:31 am +1, its not about the bags, but how a single player can halt a zone for 30+ minutes and have defenders stuck in their keep.
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:03 pm I've recommended alternatives, but development time is limited and this isn't considered a high priority.
#Wargrimnir this is where the devs are making a mistake. Ignoring mechanics issues that are diminishing interest in even playing for zone control. But I guess all available time is donated to LOTD these days instead of making the base mechanics of ranking and zone control attractive to current and new players.
Hence, the population stagnates or dwindles. :(