Recent Topics

Ads

Sentinel Jewelry piece and Stalwart Soulstones QoL

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
pvprangergod
Suspended

Sentinel Jewelry piece and Stalwart Soulstones QoL

Post#1 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:30 am

I suggest to allow us to purchase more Sentinel Jewelry pieces for the price of 1 Stalwart Soulstone.

Also to increase the duration of Stalwart Soulstone talismans from 7 days to 30 days.

This will enable us to more easily have sentinel jewels with talismans across multiple specs and characters.

It is far too demanding to make us do BB/BE or CnT (city dungeons) several times on multiple characters per week. In addition, it is almost impossible to have more than 2 or 3 a week due to the lockout timer on the dungeons.

This would be a great quality of life addition to us veterans who want to play tank/dps/heal and multiple specs to satisfy any group's needs and also because its more fun to play multiple styles.

Ads
pvprangergod
Suspended

Re: Sentinel Jewelry piece and Stalwart Soulstones QoL

Post#2 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:33 am

Also I forgot to mention, another quality of life feature similar to this would be allowing us to purchase city dungeon weapons for the price of 1 Stalwart Soulstone (maybe add 40g cost too because why not).

Currently, you can only have like 2 weapons because the only way to get other weapons is by trading in your existing ones at the merchant. Its frustrating if you want to use the other weapons because you have to waste 40g each exchange, and therefore 80g for every re-exchange.

Orgruk

Post#3 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:02 pm

Why not also add the possiblity to slot regular talismans in da Sentinel ring ?
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Rydiak

Post#4 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:10 pm

Orgruk wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:02 pm Why not also add the possiblity to slot regular talismans in da Sentinel ring ?
You already can
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Omegus

Post#5 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:34 pm

pvprangergod wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:30 am I suggest to allow us to purchase more Sentinel Jewelry pieces for the price of 1 Stalwart Soulstone.

Also to increase the duration of Stalwart Soulstone talismans from 7 days to 30 days.

This will enable us to more easily have sentinel jewels with talismans across multiple specs and characters.

It is far too demanding to make us do BB/BE or CnT (city dungeons) several times on multiple characters per week. In addition, it is almost impossible to have more than 2 or 3 a week due to the lockout timer on the dungeons.

This would be a great quality of life addition to us veterans who want to play tank/dps/heal and multiple specs to satisfy any group's needs and also because its more fun to play multiple styles.
The 7 day timer is intentional to stop you from trivially keeping multiple chars in BIS equipment, and to keep people doing dungeons. I don't know on order, but with a good group on destro clearing BB/BE is about 40 minutes depending on the bugs.
pvprangergod wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:33 am Also I forgot to mention, another quality of life feature similar to this would be allowing us to purchase city dungeon weapons for the price of 1 Stalwart Soulstone (maybe add 40g cost too because why not).

Currently, you can only have like 2 weapons because the only way to get other weapons is by trading in your existing ones at the merchant. Its frustrating if you want to use the other weapons because you have to waste 40g each exchange, and therefore 80g for every re-exchange.
Unless something is bugged, you can pick the weapons from both city influence tracks so you get access to all 4 weapons.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ashoris

Post#6 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:30 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:34 pm The 7 day timer is intentional to stop you from trivially keeping multiple chars in BIS equipment, and to keep people doing dungeons. I don't know on order, but with a good group on destro clearing BB/BE is about 40 minutes depending on the bugs.
The question would be, why is that a bad thing to have multiple chars equipped ?
also we have only 3 healer and 3 tank classes on each side but 6 dps classes .... while a normal grp looks like 2/2/2 .... It should be better for the overall class balance if the game wouldnt force you to stick to 1 class :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Omegus

Post#7 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Ashoris wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:30 pm
Omegus wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:34 pm The 7 day timer is intentional to stop you from trivially keeping multiple chars in BIS equipment, and to keep people doing dungeons. I don't know on order, but with a good group on destro clearing BB/BE is about 40 minutes depending on the bugs.
The question would be, why is that a bad thing to have multiple chars equipped ?
also we have only 3 healer and 3 tank classes on each side but 6 dps classes .... while a normal grp looks like 2/2/2 .... It should be better for the overall class balance if the game wouldnt force you to stick to 1 class :)
There is a difference between equipped, and equipped in the best possible things at all times on all chars trivially. Additionally, changing the timer to last 30 days will have a HUGE impact on the availability of people to actually run dungeons, where-as 7 days provides a fair good pool of regular people to fill groups. Even then it can be a struggle at off-peak hours to fill slots for dungeon groups.

1 run per week per character, your choice of city dungeons (40 minutes on destro) or Bastion Stair (1 hour ish? maybe a bit longer?). Is that really too much to ask for a talisman which can provide alot of power?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:35 pm

Doing bb/be over and over and over again isn't a reason to do bb/be over and over and over again.

Ads
Rydiak

Post#9 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:43 pm

pvprangergod wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:35 pm Doing bb/be over and over and over again isn't a reason to do bb/be over and over and over again.
Play ranked. You can get a soulstone easily per week.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#10 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:17 pm

Rydiak wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:43 pm
pvprangergod wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:35 pm Doing bb/be over and over and over again isn't a reason to do bb/be over and over and over again.
Play ranked. You can get a soulstone easily per week.
I do play ranked but would prefer to mostly just play RVR if I can find group for that instead :)