Recent Topics

Ads

Bolster buff

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
pvprangergod
Suspended

Bolster buff

Post#1 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:38 am

Low levels die way too easily in rvr, they should have improved bolster. You can have like 6k health without investing in wounds talismans, even if you invested in full trivial blows (which most can't because they are below rr45) thats still insanely squishy.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Bolster buff

Post#2 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:16 am

pvprangergod wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:38 am Low levels die way too easily in rvr, they should have improved bolster. You can have like 6k health without investing in wounds talismans, even if you invested in full trivial blows (which most can't because they are below rr45) thats still insanely squishy.
Get gear appropriate for your rank and you will have a lot more health than just 6k. Tanks can get easy 10-11k with talismans. At least some wounds talismans are always a good idea on any class at low lvl.

Can you explain your case a bit more? E.g. class rank and gear?
Dying is no option.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:25 am

37 bright wizard stats (full lvl 35 gear, 31 weapon, whatever the best/good jewelry, cloak is too)

renown is 3 magic crit (because BW main dmg source), couple in deftdefender. im rr52 which is high for my level.

6230 health
250 toughness
299 initiative (good)
24-29% in resists (okay)
772 intelligence
1107 armor (no clue what armor a high lvl BW has), also don't have armor pot active.
14% magic crit
9% evade
7% disrupt
disrupt strikethrough 1%
crit reduction -1%

so the main things i am missing is health, intelligence, magic crit, and trivial blows. theres no way for me to have those 4 things. if i sacrifice int talismans or magic crit renown i will have even less damage.

it would be nice if i had atleast half these things on pare with high lvl players. preferably defensive tools/stats would make sense to me.

the other 'problem' to me is when you hit 40, you are still considerably weak until about invader gear it seems like. doing gunbad+bb/be is basically mandatory, and pve shouldn't be the source of gearing in a pvp game.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:50 am

That's lvl37, I wouldn't consider it lowlvl. Lowlvl is where you get a significant bolster buff, at 37 you barely get any bolster.
You don't have to do pve to get gear but to min-max it is very much required but it's your choice. If you don't want to get the last % out of your char, you can skip pve.
Invader is a bad set for BW.
When you want to level up with pvp but rvr gives a too big struggle, play sc.

For a certain time period it might be even advised to combine sets with multiple wounds bonus, even if it means you lose crit %. It will shift with better gear to come.

Anyone went through this, it is expected and in a warband you will die like anyone else, no matter the rank and gear.

Btw, my BW lvl33 has with bolster and 1 wounds talisman, rest intel around 6400 health, 950 intel and 17% crit but only 227 init but I plan not to get hit in the first place, so I focus more on offense. :)
Dying is no option.

Omegus

Post#5 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:11 pm

pvprangergod wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:25 amand pve shouldn't be the source of gearing in a pvp game.
Both on live and on ROR, Warhammer Online a hybrid PVP/PVE game where you need to do both types of content. The PVE is not just a side-show. You can choose to not do PVE, but that doesn't mean that it's not relevant or important.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Rubius
Developer

Post#6 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:28 pm

PvE is definitely not mandatory, but it is icing on the cake if you want those extra stats from the Sentinel Ring Talisman, Bloodlord weapon, etc. They're useful, especially for some classes, but not required.

As for bolster, this has already been noted, but yes - at level 37 you're right at the end of getting any bolster at all, and are about to become the small fish in a big pond for a while until you get Conqueror.

Bolster tends to be much more noticeable at lower levels. It's very powerful if your gear is close to your level.

Parallell86

Post#7 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:36 pm

pvprangergod wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:25 am 37 bright wizard stats (full lvl 35 gear, 31 weapon, whatever the best/good jewelry, cloak is too)

renown is 3 magic crit (because BW main dmg source), couple in deftdefender. im rr52 which is high for my level.

6230 health
250 toughness
299 initiative (good)
24-29% in resists (okay)
772 intelligence
1107 armor (no clue what armor a high lvl BW has), also don't have armor pot active.
14% magic crit
9% evade
7% disrupt
disrupt strikethrough 1%
crit reduction -1%

so the main things i am missing is health, intelligence, magic crit, and trivial blows. theres no way for me to have those 4 things. if i sacrifice int talismans or magic crit renown i will have even less damage.

it would be nice if i had atleast half these things on pare with high lvl players. preferably defensive tools/stats would make sense to me.

the other 'problem' to me is when you hit 40, you are still considerably weak until about invader gear it seems like. doing gunbad+bb/be is basically mandatory, and pve shouldn't be the source of gearing in a pvp game.
So you want an express ticket to kill rr80's with ease. I wonder, is there anyone else in this community who wants end game with little to no effort? Oh yes, everybody. What you ran into is a treshhold. You need to push yourself passed it. Sucks to be you right now but its the same for everyone. And hell you play the strongest r.dps in the game.

- XP grind to r38, get armor + int pots. Stack sets rather than wearing full set for more intelligence or possibly wounds. Also Beastlord cloak has a talisman slot, always nice for extra wounds too. You should be able to get 900+ intelligence easily. Nothing is for free. And you actually have a bolster, on live we had no such thing, we had to deal with being pummeled by overgeared rr80s with far more damage and survivability than the rr80's got on ROR.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:11 pm

M8 i have RR88 with Best in Slot across 3 specs and well over 1000 royals spent on armor, all bloodlord influence completed. You just want to roll over low level players instead of actually put up a fight cos you know you will lose :)

Ads
sharpblader

Post#9 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:59 pm

pvprangergod wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:25 am 37
Late level 30s and fresh level 40 are when everyone is at their weakest. They toned bolster down because it was a bit too powerful at certain levels.

As a BW, you can either stick to scenarios where you will be at par with others, or spec full glass cannon and run with WBs in the lakes.