Recent Topics

Ads

2-Handed Choppa Mastery & Design Overhaul

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
WaaaghBoy88

Re: 2-Handed Choppa Mastery & Design Overhaul

Post#11 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:40 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:40 am
b00n wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:26 am
Sulorie wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:14 am
The tactic works already like that. The -crit debuff applies to dw builds only.
that's not true it only applies to da hitta abilities, which is only one tree, should be atleast savage tree aswell. And who cares if it is for aoe too, if u can't use the channel abilties it's not worth it -> 15% restricted to 2h but for all trees
Ok, then I missed what you mean but when you look at other classes 15% crit tactics, they usually are only for the tree they are in, unless they are tied to a certain mechanic e.g. magus/engi pet.

But no matter what changes we suggest, both 2h specs still deal less dmg than dw spec, because of tactic slot limitations, they can't take all dmg enhancing tactics. Some way of substitution of Pent Up Rage into the class mechanic itself to free a valuable tactic slot, should be a baseline, before any other suggestion is brought up.
I'll reiterate the main problem: The spec wouldn't need 6+ tactics in order to compete if the abilities had proper sensible functions and instead did what you'd expect a 2-Handed Choppa to do: Hit stuff really hard. No one wants to bring an anti-healing choppa into anything. And what good is that exactly? You're damage should be the "anti healing factor". It's a redundant concept as it currently stands.

Look. What exact role does the two handed Choppa perform to compete with the other specs in any functionality? Literally nothing. You may as well boil it down to basics. Pure, raw, brutal damage
compressed into single-target, simple as. You can go either with Wrecka for AoE focus, or Hitta for ST focus. As it stands, no one does the later, the former is all anyone cares about. It's literally a class with ONE ACCEPTED SPECIALIZATION.

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#12 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:11 pm

To do dmg you either go full red build or holding grudges with slayer, perma red makes a lot of fun to play but the drawback of getting too much dmg in return is jsut to high to make it work. im a fellow 2h enjoyer but winning makes more fun.

But the overhaul the specc is very low priority for the devs and aoe specc is also very fun to play

WaaaghBoy88

Post#13 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:30 pm

"But the overhaul the specc is very low priority for the devs and aoe specc is also very fun to play". And Hitta shouldn't be? Aside from that why would balancing a class be a low priority for the devs?

Alubert

Post#14 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:53 pm

WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:20 pm

3. As I had mentioned previously, the Choppa spec for Da Hitta is woefully lacking in purpose, but make no mistake, it's use of anti-healing curses is wasted on the class and in turn, hinders it rather than help. For Da Savage spec, I would like to introduce a conceptual skill to be used in it's place, and have Cant Stop Da Chop removed entirely, as it serves no real benefit.

Cant Stop Da Chop is too weak? It's been a long time since I've heard such nonsense.

Why reactivate a corpse?
Dual: a. Approximately 33% more AA dmg. Consequently better burst.
b. Chop Fasta.
c. No need to waste slots on tactics to be effective 2h choppa.
d. dual choppa looks definitely better than 2h :).
e. dual = 2x WS talisman. 2h only one.

Generally choppa only needs two things:
1. changing the Keep On CHoppin' skill to something useful - recall that this is the SL equivalent of rampage.
2. throwing away GTDC and making it again so that the skill increases burst so it can't be channel. SL ID is perfect but doing an exact mapping is not the best idea.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Sinisterror

Post#15 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:54 pm

Hmm what if black orc Not in da face would decrease def target cooldowns for 5 sec 10 sec dur and 20 sec cd. And change choppa chop fasta would be 2 hits like sm DT first hit is direct aoe dmg semi high and second hit applies 6 sec aoe dot that works like bleed em all but last hit is very high dmg. All blorcs and choppas would go for this im sure.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

vanbuinen77

Post#16 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:40 am

Add a Crit Bonus tactic and its Solid.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Arbich
Suspended

Post#17 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:59 am

mhm... first I thought you mean the outgoing healdebuff, but you really want to remove the incoming healdebuff from choppa? And thats for buffing the 2hand choppa which is a single target class? Sounds like a terrible idea.

Your bloody butcher ability idea sounds a bit too strong for a 5pt ability, as it would work with all attacks (including AoE) as I understand it. Maybe I am wrong?

And I don´t understand your complain about slow weapon speed and lack of burst. In general slower weapon speed = higher burst. So why would you want to increase weapon speed and at the same time lament about lack of burst? Maybe I missunderstand you. You mean proccs?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

WaaaghBoy88

Post#18 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:06 am

Alubert wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:53 pm
WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:20 pm

3. As I had mentioned previously, the Choppa spec for Da Hitta is woefully lacking in purpose, but make no mistake, it's use of anti-healing curses is wasted on the class and in turn, hinders it rather than help. For Da Savage spec, I would like to introduce a conceptual skill to be used in it's place, and have Cant Stop Da Chop removed entirely, as it serves no real benefit.

Cant Stop Da Chop is too weak? It's been a long time since I've heard such nonsense.

Why reactivate a corpse?
Dual: a. Approximately 33% more AA dmg. Consequently better burst.
b. Chop Fasta.
c. No need to waste slots on tactics to be effective 2h choppa.
d. dual choppa looks definitely better than 2h :).
e. dual = 2x WS talisman. 2h only one.

Generally choppa only needs two things:
1. changing the Keep On CHoppin' skill to something useful - recall that this is the SL equivalent of rampage.
2. throwing away GTDC and making it again so that the skill increases burst so it can't be channel. SL ID is perfect but doing an exact mapping is not the best idea.
Lol nice bait.

Ads
WaaaghBoy88

Post#19 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:16 am

Arbich wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:59 am mhm... first I thought you mean the outgoing healdebuff, but you really want to remove the incoming healdebuff from choppa? And thats for buffing the 2hand choppa which is a single target class? Sounds like a terrible idea.

Your bloody butcher ability idea sounds a bit too strong for a 5pt ability, as it would work with all attacks (including AoE) as I understand it. Maybe I am wrong?

And I don´t understand your complain about slow weapon speed and lack of burst. In general slower weapon speed = higher burst. So why would you want to increase weapon speed and at the same time lament about lack of burst? Maybe I missunderstand you. You mean proccs?
"Your bloody butcher ability idea sounds a bit too strong for a 5pt ability, as it would work with all attacks (including AoE) as I understand it. Maybe I am wrong?". It's equivalent to Rampage. It's only fair Choppa get's a similar skill to such a strong skill like Rampage. And increasing chance of critical hits isn't as powerful as increasing critical hit DAMAGE. It's also only increases when you have critically hit a target, it doesn't just give you a flat 15% damage increase, which would be too boring, really.

As for two handed axe, no, they don't do better damage, generally. They can do more burst damage per hit, but that only shines in PVE where you aren't being attacked in return by anything other than basic Autoattacks. Let me explain:

The 2h weapon, does roughly about 40.5 points more damage than a 1h weapon equivalently. But that doesn't mean anything if I can attack with two peoples dealing the same amount of damage in half the time it takes to get one shot off with the two hander. The weapon may deal more default damage, but the speed reduction, on top of the fact the singular hit may not crit at all, reduces the standard output of damage.

Imagine it like this: I have a selection of three clubs. One is a large club, I can only wield it by itself. The other two clubs are smaller, lighter, but I can swing them around at the same time and maximize the amount of times I get to hit on a frequent basis. So, while the blow from the 2h axe MAY be hard hitting, if it is:

>defended
>parried
>blocked
>doesn't crit
I still have no means of bypassing those issues, whereas I still get 1/2 chance to recover and hit again with 1h weapons. And because I am a choppa and will be in the thick of fighting, I have the chance of hitting multiple targets at the same time, which again increases my damage output potential. Excluding the Order posters who are trying to troll the thread and deny the Hitta Choppa requiring any kind of rework, they couldn't be lying through their teeth more than they already are. Why do you think you never see Hitta choppa's other than the odd one out who is soloing ? Really now, "1-800-Come-On 8-) ".

EDIT: Forgot to mention, yes, the heal debuffing system on choppa is worthless. It shouldn't even be a feature, it's too far removed from the choppa's primary purpose.

WaaaghBoy88

Post#20 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:21 am

Sinisterror wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:54 pm Hmm what if black orc Not in da face would decrease def target cooldowns for 5 sec 10 sec dur and 20 sec cd. And change choppa chop fasta would be 2 hits like sm DT first hit is direct aoe dmg semi high and second hit applies 6 sec aoe dot that works like bleed em all but last hit is very high dmg. All blorcs and choppas would go for this im sure.
Chop Fasta is fine as it is. I do want to see the "Extra Choppin" tactic reworked though. Or just removed and give the ability it buffs the standard effect, excluding the damage debuff. Also the self rez tactic is funny but a worthless meme. It should be reworked or replaced.