Recent Topics

Ads

ranked map pool culling

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
oilpourer
Suspended

ranked map pool culling

Post#1 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:03 pm

Maw of Madness and Talabec Dam need to be removed from the ranked map pool. These maps have an awful design that is the complete opposite of what you would want from the ideal map (black fire basin). Mourkain temple was removed (rightfully so) but these two maps, maw and talabec dam, are just as bad.
Talabec dam has nowhere that is good to fight because the water is always there waiting to claim a victim. Maw of badness has way too many line-of-sight issues and forces everyone to play close together because of that.
Flat terrain= good. Spikes and rivers=bad

Ads
BluIzLucky

Re: ranked map pool culling

Post#2 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:21 pm

As a healer I don't particularly like Maw and Talabec, but they both forces everyone to think and try to take advantage of positioning and may actually be the best ranked maps for that reason.

Why should healers and ranged have 100-150 range free cast in every scenario?

It's actually..
Flat terrain = bad. Spikes and rivers = good
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Fenris78

Post#3 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:03 pm

Those maps are more risky, but they also create more opportunities for both sides :

- Hiding while groupe healing
- taking upper positions to have better LoS and safety (spikes)
- Slowing enemy movement (water)

Your team just need to take those opportunities to get kills, instead of living in the fear they could be used against you.

Martok

Post#4 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:56 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:21 pmAs a healer I don't particularly like Maw and Talabec, but they both force everyone to think...

This. If your desire is linear combat the Zerg awaits.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...