Recent Topics

Ads

Change t2 maps fight

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Machwar

Change t2 maps fight

Post#1 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:49 pm

Hello Everyone !

I have some unexpecting thougts i'd like to share to you !

Today is how about we could improve t2 maps (and maybe t3).

I know for sure that we don't have the tools yet to change maps, but there is a little thing we can do to improve interests in these maps and it's quite simple: remove mounts
Don't say it can't be, see, New World did it :D

I took for example t4 emp praag and t2 emp ostland / troll country
If we go on mount from fort A to fort B in Praag, it takes about 2:42.57
And if we go from a border to another one it takes about 3:44.03

Now, if we take a look on t2 Emp, on mount, it takes about 1:59.30 to go from fort A to fort B but it takes about 3:09.29 to go on foot (against 2:42.57 for Praag)
Only for information, it takes about 3:08.69 form border to border on mount and about 4:51.32 on foot (against 3:44.03 for Praag)
The point is that if we can't use mount on these areas (who cares about pve zone ? :D) we could extend the fight and make this zone more strategic (as the flags are far one from the others)
The other thing that is interesting, it can put the Standard bearer usefull with a buff of +10% speed (or something like that) for group member only

Debate and Discuss :)
Arroswar -> Disciple of Khaine
Iwar -> Archmage

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Change t2 maps fight

Post#2 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:21 pm

Classes with speed increase skills get a significant advantage for traveling through zone or catching opponents, who can't simply ride away.
Dying is no option.

Machwar

Post#3 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:46 am

you are totally right, but this is already the case in SC when you have to carry a keg / bomb / flag and you can't mount but you can still use sprint and flee and some other can't
Or the same with player with 50% mount speed against 60%

I think that's why some classes have aoe snare, aoe root, aoe detaunt or another sprint to flee
On foot, you are more dependent of your group mate and banner could take another dimension too
Iwar -> Archmage

inoeth
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:16 am

so slowing down the game = improvement?

what was the issue again?

btw new world has quick travel point which ROR does not have. also imo all this running around in new world sucks ass, would be better if porting was for free and not bound to azoth investment...
Last edited by inoeth on Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#5 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:42 am

inoeth wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:16 am so slowing down the game = improvement?

what was the issue again?
At some point Assomwar isn't wrong. I'm not part of the team anymore, and i don't know if Assomwar proposal could change anything or if it is something who would deserve to be tested, but fact is the general behaviour is to rush zones to reach cities as fast as possible in general. Since... always. And complain about cities when reached :p. Why? Because cities are the funniest part of the game? :) (universal answer : No it is because of Loot)

In my honnest opinion, gearing apart, ORvR is way more interesting than cities in general, or at least should be in the actual state of the game.
No offense, i know more than anyone how complicated it could be to change and test things.

There has always been an issue with general RvR mechanics (including siege, forts and cities), because balancing faction is quite impossible, because there are only 2 factions, because editing mechanics has his limits... and in the other hand, there has been always an issue with players behaviour, because switching faction to win (player time is valuable, and need to be well paid), because Loot, and even more important, because Loot. I'm pretty sure that if everything was dropping anywhere, no one would be so hurry to reach cities or fort. Better, pretty sure everyone would try his best to avoid it...

This said, i agree Assomwar on a very precise point, slowing down the tempo in a zone to give more place to organisation and strategy, giving a place to any kind of group topology ( solo, 6men, WB) would be a very interesting step. This doesn't mean slowing down by freezing the game (like in a Kadrin impossible siège).

Another suggestion that would go in the direction of slowing down/ increase interest in game more than in Loot. Reducing warband size from 24 to 12 (which could also help to start intersting scenarios...), and unlock the 24 wb slot for guild+allies only wbs.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:31 am

well slowing down zone rush = less loot
that would be quite the opposite of what you suggest and what everyone is after.
the problem is cities. its the most boring part of rvr but the one with most reward for a handfull of players.
you are right, if there was a possibility to get gear from elsewhere but rvr, everyone would do it.

removing mounts does nothing in that regard.

i wish the team would switch 5th and 6th bonus on the bloodlord set so it was possible to combine it with other sets in a better way. then people might not be in a hurry so bad to get their vanq/sov stuff (invader is useless for most classes, which is also very frustrating)

Cyrinael

Post#7 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:29 am

Machwar wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:49 pm remove mounts
With players still being furious about the removal of NB, imagine what they would do if you take away their precious mounts.

btw. I'm not arguing about #NoChanges ;)

Machwar

Post#8 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:27 pm

Well, this could remove my precious manticore, but you know what ? I am ready for it if the game become funnier :D

And to me, the issue is that most of people don't want to do t2 maps because they are quite small and boring
All players want loot, but most of them stop to play when they have the BiS, this is a wrong focus. We should focus on what warhammer is, rvr fights

I think it must be try, because this is what an alpha is made for (and rollback if it's a bad idea)
Iwar -> Archmage

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:49 pm

I like t2 maps somehow. :)

Their lakes are not the biggest, true but players make them smaller than they are. For most people the tunnels e.g. elf t2 are not even common knowledge, to move faster between zones.
Last edited by Sulorie on Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

Machwar

Post#10 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:13 pm

Haha :D
I would like to know how much time it takes to go to shadowlands warcamp to ellyrion fort on mount and on foot and the same thing taking the tunnel (of course it is in pve, so we could take the mount to go to it) :D

EDIT : well, i did it :D

shadowlands WC to ellyrion fort on mount : 3:07.11 / on foot : 4:54.27

with mount on pve to skaven tunnels and then on mount on rvr : 1:58.36 / on foot : 2:33.89
Iwar -> Archmage