Recent Topics

Ads

SW need rework, and need it year ago.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sever1n

SW need rework, and need it year ago.

Post#1 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:42 am

SW can do 3 roles. ST dmg with scout spec, ST melle with assault, and mass dps in skirm.
Not a single of this spec have + compared to other dps clases.

Scout sw today is a low burst stunbot noobhunter and god of cs.
Its playstyle simple. stunfest combo - w8 for recharge.
if get snare/cc - death. No selfpunt or melle stance armor wont save u.
U dont have ap recharge/deleting rotations like sork/bw.
U just single taget 110 range spamer of stun and 4-6k burst once in 30 sec.
U dont have 2knockbacks, nonnom squigs+1500hp, and free speedbuff compared to squig (not to mention pet).
After change SW lost a part of guarantied dmg on all skils and now its works only for crits.
And we lost shadowstep what was a good displacement tool in some situations like city.
We got lowdps insta rangedebuff that dont even worth gcd. Last patch was huge nerf to almost dead class.
I dont see any reason play scout sw when bw have better dmg, acsses to mass dps,ap recharge, and even 100ft stun.

Assault sw today is bad copy of WH/WE that can turn to shitty kite range class.
Reason why its bad. To mimic armorpen of WH/WE we need to waste tactic slot and still its nothing compared to seal
bursts constant dps of torments/dots/kisses/brews. U dont have AOE detaunt wich is mustahve when u get surrounded
u dont have antisnare+speedbuf wich is only how dps classes can escape their mistakes, u dont have stealth nor even
good jusmp as lion have. And best part u dont have PARRY MORALE with is a save button against meathball.
All u have is armorbuff and abylity to lost it to turn into shiity range that dont have half tactics and part off rr crit.
Assault sw is a bad joke. If u want laugh more look at base dmg of swift strikes. I dunno why that skill is exist. Some say that
ww spaming of brutal assault is op op in st parties on cityes - wh can do that **** better with no need of ww. there is no reason why u shoould play
msw

Skirm sw was ok. It have pianotype intersting game play based on spaming 2massdots and moraledrain rotations with barrage.
Problem with it in that no one whants u. U are nothing comapred to raw dmg of slay, mobylity of lion, dont have mass detaunt
for self def when focused, tanks hate to guard u cos u dont give them contri and u are ranged so they cant do they primal functions.
Your morale 2 dmg is weak 9 sec slow that cant be used for morale busts it have diferent purpose.
No parry m1 for self def i dire situation. There is no logical reason to take sw into wb if u have slay/wl.

In end - Hunterferwor that dont worth of use with 60sec cd, armor debuff that far worse compared to lion have castime and defendable,
mass melle abylity with 20sec cd when other melle have no cd on it, and swift strikes that do literally zero dmg - 5sec shannel.

When we have squig - pet, 3 def mechanics more than u, all specs are viable. There is no reason to make SW.

So only 1 question. Why devs hate us? I just dont understand why good interesting class that many noobs chose to play must be worce ingame. And all know it but no one didnt try to say a word here. Having sov sw that i want to play but must lvl lion instead to be viable is just a pain.

Ads
wildwindblows

Re: SW need rework, and need it year ago.

Post#2 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:02 pm

If you are asw, you need to stack armor talisman so your armor will be doubled with stance. You dont have aoe detaunt but you will have considerable armor with this way. A few tactics and skills supposed to provide brust. My mara got 8.2k damage in 4 sec from an asw, It was almost inta kill with 3sec kd. Horrible.... And imagine that they are doing this damage with 5k armor.

Sever1n

Post#3 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:08 pm

So you say to cosplay st lion. And proof please, coz 1.5krit is max what u get from your most powerfull brutal assault and it have 5sec cd. Rotation is von+stun+crosscut+brutal+drawblood+grimslash. I have no idea how it can deal 9k burst on mara. Mara was nude or 13lvl in rvr? And even if thats posible, u missed the point why asw isnt melle. On top of that, for def armor staking sw must lose a lot of str and melle crit thats why its wl cosplay.
Last edited by Sever1n on Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wildwindblows

Post#4 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:21 pm

I dont say anything and I dont know much about the class. I only know the damages i received. If you are playing with the class, most probably you know much more than me. My recommendation is you may need to change your build and playstyle.

wildwindblows

Post#5 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:30 pm

Sever1n wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:08 pm So you say to cosplay st lion. And proof please, coz 1.5krit is max what u get from your most powerfull brutal assault and it have 5sec cd. Rotation is von+stun+crosscut+brutal+drawblood+grimslash. I have no idea how it can deal 9k burst on mara. Mara was nude or 13lvl in rvr? And even if thats posible, u missed the point why asw isnt melle. On top of that, for def armor staking sw must lose a lot of str and melle crit thats why its wl cosplay.
My mara is rr87 with endgame gear. İ dont know how they are doing so much damage so this is something to you need to figüre it out.
Last edited by wildwindblows on Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sever1n

Post#6 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:33 pm

Name of asw? Even with ww each brutal must have crit like 2300 to do that burst. It doesnt do that dmg. 87mara min2fs tough from endgame gear. Fantastic story.

wildwindblows

Post#7 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:37 pm

Sever1n wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:33 pm Name of asw? Even with ww each brutal must have crit like 2300 to do that burst. It doesnt do that dmg. 87mara min2fs tough from endgame gear. Fantastic story.
İt is not a story. İt is the truth. İ wont give any names. You are saying that asw is too low and needs to be buffed but im saying that class is too OP. So... Did you try everthing before create this topic ??? Finding the best build is not an easy work and require effort. if you are new for the class, you need to find out yourself. Most of the competetive players wont share build/gear etc. But dont give up to asking ppl and continue to investigation.
Asw damage: https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... 721085.png

Everdin

Post#8 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:57 pm

Scout is okay, at least in samllman.

Asw is okay damagewise but the missing ae detaunt is a point :P

Only worthless path that needs a better reason to spec is skirmisher, it's just lowdps moraldrain bot (only usefull in well organised warbands)
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Sever1n

Post#9 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:09 pm

Go to doll and make pls burst 8.2 in 3sec. Then make a screen of it. With no hidden statistics. Then try check burst of Wh/we. After that say again how op are sw. I have 7k kills on sw but yeah im not expiriensed enough too see where a real class and where is dead meat. Screen that you make shows some dmg on some somewhere but dont give any information to work with. If u wanna see how op asw or rsw are open ranked statistics and if it dont show you how dire situation, just spam about how they op ignoring half of what was sayed about class and why its dead.

wildwindblows

Post#10 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:12 pm

Everdin wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:57 pm Scout is okay, at least in samllman.

Asw is okay damagewise but the missing ae detaunt is a point :P

Only worthless path that needs a better reason to spec is skirmisher, it's just lowdps moraldrain bot (only usefull in well organised warbands)
Aoe detaunt is missing but armor will be doubled with stance. Aoe detaunt + 5k armor sounds too much to me.