Recent Topics

Ads

Disable .Surrender In Weekend ToW SCs Like This Week's

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
ExcretusMaximus

Disable .Surrender In Weekend ToW SCs Like This Week's

Post#1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:24 pm

Both sides have been surrendering at an abnormal rate this weekend when they are clearly going to lose, in what I can only assume is an attempt to spite people who need to get the last SC BO for their event credit. If you're going to put objectives like that in the game, please don't retain the ability for people to deny it outside of actual play.
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Re: Disable .Surrender In Weekend ToW SCs Like This Week's

Post#2 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:32 pm

Your need bout 80% of the players to vote yes for the surrender to pass
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

BeautfulToad

Post#3 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:37 pm

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:24 pm Both sides have been surrendering at an abnormal rate this weekend when they are clearly going to lose
Team that wins get rewards for winning though, surrender is there to stop people having to just die over and over again in very unbalanced games.

Omegus

Post#4 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:03 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:37 pm
ExcretusMaximus wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:24 pm Both sides have been surrendering at an abnormal rate this weekend when they are clearly going to lose
Team that wins get rewards for winning though, surrender is there to stop people having to just die over and over again in very unbalanced games.
OP's point is that if one side surrenders early then the other side cannot make progress on some of the tasks for the current live event.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Vri

Post#5 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:00 pm

Surrernder already has a CD. Make a premde group.

Caduceus

Post#6 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:05 pm

The OP has a point.

I don't know if disabling the surrender option is the way go to, but it seems this weekend SC had a lot of awkward tasks that didn't really make sense in the context of how the SC is played.

For example, you really don't want the entire team to stand on the flag as it's being capped (required for some tasks) because that invites the other team to AoE and interrupt the capture.

You also don't really want the entire team to stand on a flag when it is flipped, because that ensures the enemy team is able to start capping the next flag before you do.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

BeautfulToad

Post#7 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:37 pm

Omegus wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:03 pm OP's point is that if one side surrenders early then the other side cannot make progress on some of the tasks for the current live event.
Aha, I can kind of see the point, has some merit.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:27 pm

OP has a point but we shouldn't remove surrender mechanic, so altering event tasks for the future events might be a thing.
Dying is no option.

Ads
CyunUnderis

Post#9 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:00 am

You can still progress at the end of the SC, during the 2mn where you have to leave.

Stahn123
Banned

Post#10 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:00 am

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:24 pm Both sides have been surrendering at an abnormal rate this weekend when they are clearly going to lose, in what I can only assume is an attempt to spite people who need to get the last SC BO for their event credit. If you're going to put objectives like that in the game, please don't retain the ability for people to deny it outside of actual play.
Lol. And the previous with keep captures that never happen for 1 side on off hours isn't a problem either, right? If those weren't changed, this shouldn't be either. It's the same principle. I only got done with the last of the 3 dwarf events TODAY after working for 2 months to get the 3 keep takes in t4 greenskin/dwarf pairing. Nobody cared about that when it was brought up and that was because of server domination by 1 side over the other for MONTHS. Much bigger problem than something for a weekend. Is it annoying? Yes. Will they do anything? Lol. No. Every event is unbalanced to someone at some point. Quit making premades and slaughtering the other side so badly they stand no chance. That's why they quit. NOBODY wants to be dominated like that. You said it yourself that it's on both sides. Premades are just getting what they deserve to have happen when they come across a pug. You got your win rewards and won the battle, but they denied you the war. More pugs on event weekends would fix that as both sides have more even odds with mixed bags of players. If they can actually DO something, they won't surrender as quickly. You lock them in spawn and you might as well have just not queued at all.