Recent Topics

Ads

remove rewards from kills with 100% aao or more

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
badoglio

remove rewards from kills with 100% aao or more

Post#1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:51 am

latelly most fights out of primetime are empty keep take with 200% aao and even people ganking with a pop of 30 vs 100 since they just surfzerg and get the emblems/shards for free from ezy kills

would be cool to remove or decrease drop rewards depending on the aao % of the zone

Ads
b00n

Re: remove rewards from kills with 100% aao or more

Post#2 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:06 am

so you are suggesting that rewards (crests from kills ) should scale with aao?
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Sulorie

Post#3 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:09 pm

You get already less renown for kills, if enemy has aao. Afaik capped to a minimum of 25%.
Dying is no option.

Vri

Post#4 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:40 pm

Get out of here with this.

oaliaen

Post#5 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Yea...do this and make rvr even more scarce..my god.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:27 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:09 pm You get already less renown for kills, if enemy has aao. Afaik capped to a minimum of 25%.
i thought this was removed? or did i get that wrong? :?

Sulorie

Post#7 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:59 pm

saupreusse wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:27 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:09 pm You get already less renown for kills, if enemy has aao. Afaik capped to a minimum of 25%.
i thought this was removed? or did i get that wrong? :?
I think it was about a more recent renown change. The aao changes are pretty old already but don't quote me on it. :)
Dying is no option.

BeautfulToad

Post#8 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:24 am

badoglio wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:51 am latelly most fights out of primetime are empty keep take with 200% aao and even people ganking with a pop of 30 vs 100 since they just surfzerg and get the emblems/shards for free from ezy kills

would be cool to remove or decrease drop rewards depending on the aao % of the zone
This already happens. Up rewards for those with AAO, but don't reduce rewards further.

Ads
ChicagoJoe

Post#9 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:39 pm

AFK keeps as Sulorie said is already capped for winning side, but I would be fine with reducing it more for the winning zerg side. I think taking it to zero would remove populations more though, so I am not suggestion that. I think both sides of the equation need tweaking.

AAO rewards are not enough, they need to be tweaked to counter the incentives to zerg (extra easy full bag rolls vs 1 reduced bag). There is less and less motivation for casuals to fight back however on the losing side. We are losing population to the zerg. This is as bad as I have seen and I have been here since 2016.

Realm balance shifts I understand that. I am playing 95% destro now. Others shift to force cities for either faction. It may shift again. Problem we have lost some good guilds and leaders, and it wasn't because of the summer or competition, it was a few major changes. Some of those changes need to be revisited and I think you get some guilds back.

However for this, if you get high rr bonuses with high AAO for an active fight - like big boosted rr ticks for holding the bottom floor on a keep, you will get more people fighting back. A problem is however is with 100% AAO the defenders will have trouble getting to keep or holding 2 bos to get boxes for a flight master. Those who trickle in won't be enough to have a true defense. It's been over a year since my guild was active enough to use the keep upgrade to get guildies into a keep. Maybe you can make it so a pug warband leader of a defense could take advantage of it keep upgrades with a certain amount of AAO. The current keep upgrade design was/is really cool but it seems to be rarely usable now because of population and leadership losses.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

normanis

Post#10 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:50 pm

lets say if your side has aao 100%+ for 5 min u respawn at keep not wc or pve. would be good to casuals defend keep in na time or even europa time
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"