Recent Topics

Ads

Premade facerolling is a problem in SC

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: Premade facerolling is a problem in SC

Post#101 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:31 pm

penagos22 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:16 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:37 am
punk7712 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:47 am
Dude you are going to convince nobody with this "nothing but player skill matters" bullshit you keep babbling.
Don't worry, I will keep saying it, so at least someone uses no cheap excuses for losing SC.
If skill mattered, the game could not be played without visual effects and I can assure you that there are people who play with everything turned off. This game is not about pressing buttons it is about positioning and decision making; Also as you are a player with a high ability you should look for people who are a challenge not to farm the poor Billy who is trying to get the blue weapon.
This game has very few skills, where you have to react towards a certain visual effect, which can only be noticed visually. Most things you react to can be seen on your debuff/buff-bar, it is less about speed. So this is hardly an argument.
Of course it can be boring to get matched with enemy pugs, because there is no opposing premade but what choice you got? Still better than queue solo and getting tanks, who don't guard or healers, who not even heal themselves...or none at all.
Dying is no option.

Ads
penagos22

Post#102 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:39 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:31 pm
penagos22 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:16 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:37 am
Don't worry, I will keep saying it, so at least someone uses no cheap excuses for losing SC.
If skill mattered, the game could not be played without visual effects and I can assure you that there are people who play with everything turned off. This game is not about pressing buttons it is about positioning and decision making; Also as you are a player with a high ability you should look for people who are a challenge not to farm the poor Billy who is trying to get the blue weapon.
This game has very few skills, where you have to react towards a certain visual effect, which can only be noticed visually. Most things you react to can be seen on your debuff/buff-bar, it is less about speed. So this is hardly an argument.
Of course it can be boring to get matched with enemy pugs, because there is no opposing premade but what choice you got? Still better than queue solo and getting tanks, who don't guard or healers, who not even heal themselves...or none at all.
you are agreeing with me, dude
Look, I think you are not writing without having experimented, try to level an order without any premade and come back and post, calm down, we will wait for you.

penagos22

Post#103 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:44 pm

It is always the same, there is a very serious problem, there are 20 people who are seeing it and it is affecting them but there is always 1 person who is clearly benefiting from the problem to say that the problem does not exist with silly arguments and that is why the solutions are delay.

punk7712

Post#104 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:58 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:14 pm
punk7712 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:39 pm
This guy premades. The point wasnt to discuss tank roles in mid tier scenarios, but rather point out there can be vast power differences. I agree, that in a premade group a tank should tank. However, in a PUG you can end up useless if you go full deftard. I was in a PUG group last night that was 3 BOs, a chosen, SH, and shaman. What now? Just go jack off in the corner I guess.
So it's about solo 2h tanks, who pug SC, who see no land in midtier, because they encounter premades? :lol:

In a pug, you become useless, when you go 2h, while being squishy and melt first and/or refuse to guard, because you will die even faster.
When your level and gear is rather low, to still be able to fullfil your core role, you go for defense.
Your perception of power gaps is the result of wrong decisions at a certain rank.
You feeling strong with 30 doesn't mean one has to feel weak at 17+.
What are you even going on about? I still guard people when I go two hander, and I do not instantly melt. I guess you are saying that when your gear is crap go defensive as possible so you can put an useless guard on the witch elf stealthing on the other side of the map? You are giving advice on how to not suck if you are in a premade. In PUGs the situation almost never ends up being such that the advice you are giving here is practical.

punk7712

Post#105 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:05 pm

At the end of the day I think it comes down to this. Is there a place for casual play in RoR? Yes or no?

Sulorie

Post#106 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:11 pm

penagos22 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:44 pm It is always the same, there is a very serious problem, there are 20 people who are seeing it and it is affecting them but there is always 1 person who is clearly benefiting from the problem to say that the problem does not exist with silly arguments and that is why the solutions are delay.
One random player forces the devs to refuse to fix the problem? While 20 or some other made up number of people deliver rational and well reasoned arguments to fix a problem? Man, that's not only a tinfoil hat, that's a full body suit.

But you are right on one thing, I speak with fresh personal experience of making the transition t1 to t2.
I know exactly why either team is losing, because I watch them and see on an individual basis what someone is doing wrong.
I know with zero doubt, that player rank is no leading reason for either side to lose the SC.
Dying is no option.

Bozzax

Post#107 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:19 pm

punk7712 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:05 pm At the end of the day I think it comes down to this. Is there a place for casual play in RoR? Yes or no?
RoR is casual play only and some are more casual
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Sulorie

Post#108 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:21 pm

punk7712 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:58 pm
I guess you are saying that when your gear is crap go defensive as possible so you can put an useless guard on the witch elf stealthing on the other side of the map?
Just a thought: Most WE, who wander off to cap some isolated flag, do so, because they don't get guard in the first place. It's not the first time I read "I don't guard WE" in SC from for the most part 2h tanks. But it's not about weapon choice, it's about contributing to a team effort.
Follow them, guard them and if they only atk tanks, guard someone else. At what point does it matter what rank you have?
When the DPS deals more DMG because of your guard, you are more useful than a low gear 2h tank.
Dying is no option.

Ads
punk7712

Post#109 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:25 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:11 pm
penagos22 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:44 pm It is always the same, there is a very serious problem, there are 20 people who are seeing it and it is affecting them but there is always 1 person who is clearly benefiting from the problem to say that the problem does not exist with silly arguments and that is why the solutions are delay.
One random player forces the devs to refuse to fix the problem? While 20 or some other made up number of people deliver rational and well reasoned arguments to fix a problem? Man, that's not only a tinfoil hat, that's a full body suit.

But you are right on one thing, I speak with fresh personal experience of making the transition t1 to t2.
I know exactly why either team is losing, because I watch them and see on an individual basis what someone is doing wrong.
I know with zero doubt, that player rank is no leading reason for either side to lose the SC.
Prove it. Post some screenshots with explanations. I will do the same tonight when i get back in game.

penagos22

Post#110 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:28 pm

punk7712 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:05 pm At the end of the day I think it comes down to this. Is there a place for casual play in RoR? Yes or no?
no, basically we all have to quit our jobs and play 24/7 in order to be ultra competitive.
Friends, this is not **** 2008 and we are no longer children.