Recent Topics

Ads

Premade facerolling is a problem in SC

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
ufthakk
Suspended

Re: Premade facerolling is a problem in SC

Post#31 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:29 pm

Current .pug is gates of ekrund. Bad one for rdps. Maybe change more frequent or give a second option.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#32 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:36 pm

DeaconBlues76 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:41 am It's been a month, and nearly everyday has been unplayable for SC's. There is no fun in being trolled by carried assholes who think having an unfair advantage is funny and cute. Personally, I think people who do this have a lot of personal issues, but not going to judge. Just that it says a lot about someone.
[...]
If you disagree, fine. Do so in a respective and mature manner.
Calling people "carried assholes [...] who have a lot of personal issues" sure is the correct way to start a conversation in a "respective and mature manner"... :cry:
edit: back on topic - in sc you can simply queue for pug scenarios, and if you bring a friend, you can even duo queue.

The two "M" in MMORPG stand for "Massively Multiplayer".
Last edited by saupreusse on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobzse

Post#33 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:42 pm

the mature and respective fix for your problem is called friends.. :)
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

navis

Post#34 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:27 pm

Most, simple solution is to log out for a while until the scenario populations change. That said, I agree there is some imbalance even in the PUG scenario and it is not as casual friendly as it once was. You can't do much except the above to deal if it is a certain group of players.

Other times it may seem to be a premade when in fact it is not, even though they may be players who are in the same guild/knows each other.

My suggestion to the devs was to debolster the PUG scenario so that players aren't bringing high end gear (from grouped/end game areas) into a solo/casual friendly tier with an unfair advantage.

Sulorie

Post#35 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:39 pm

sogeou wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:04 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:12 pm Can someone clarify to me, whether I comprehend this OP correctly?
It's about childish and toxic players within our community, while OP is calling premade players assholes?
There must be some deeper meaning, help me finding it!
No, the problem is premades never want to fight each other. They double stack groups in SC's and when they do have a good fight they hide in their warcamp. Problem is pop is pretty short in some hours and pugs don't want to face premades so they log out or just zerg it up. If every SC was balanced it would be better for everyone. If a six man group is in an SC, just make sure the other side has one. Don't put two groups of 4-6 in one SC if it is a 12 man SC.

Pretty simple.
And this solves what problem and in what sense premades are to blame for it?

You can't control how many premades are on your side, especially when enemy side has none in queue. Blame your realm, not the enemy.

Solos during matchmaking are either filler for premades with less than 6 or can queue for pug sc, there you have the choice. You decide whether you fight groups bigger than 2.
People with guilds - the social component in a MMO - want to play weekly sc too, which is no 6 man ranked SC, so obviously you queue for all SC.
When you make a group with your low rank guild mates, you don't want to play super competitive, because you got a weak link by default. Why would you force them into premade vs premade?
When the solo players would know what they do, no premade would farm them. Guess why premades tend to kill addgroups first.

When a solo player has trouble finishing weekend event because of premades, then it's by design. The intention is to use the event to play as a group. That's why there is no pug weekend SC.

How to make a sc balanced? Start with balancing the pug groups before it even starts but in like 90% of cases groups remain exactly like they started with e.g. 4 tanks in one group and none in other group.
This is what you ask for if queuing solo and no voicecom of a premade can make up for this lack of awareness and basic understanding of how to fix groups.
Dying is no option.

sogeou

Post#36 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:45 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:39 pm
sogeou wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:04 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:12 pm Can someone clarify to me, whether I comprehend this OP correctly?
It's about childish and toxic players within our community, while OP is calling premade players assholes?
There must be some deeper meaning, help me finding it!
No, the problem is premades never want to fight each other. They double stack groups in SC's and when they do have a good fight they hide in their warcamp. Problem is pop is pretty short in some hours and pugs don't want to face premades so they log out or just zerg it up. If every SC was balanced it would be better for everyone. If a six man group is in an SC, just make sure the other side has one. Don't put two groups of 4-6 in one SC if it is a 12 man SC.

Pretty simple.
And this solves what problem and in what sense premades are to blame for it?

You can't control how many premades are on your side, especially when enemy side has none in queue. Blame your realm, not the enemy.

Solos during matchmaking are either filler for premades with less than 6 or can queue for pug sc, there you have the choice. You decide whether you fight groups bigger than 2.
People with guilds - the social component in a MMO - want to play weekly sc too, which is no 6 man ranked SC, so obviously you queue for all SC.
When you make a group with your low rank guild mates, you don't want to play super competitive, because you got a weak link by default. Why would you force them into premade vs premade?
When the solo players would know what they do, no premade would farm them. Guess why premades tend to kill addgroups first.

When a solo player has trouble finishing weekend event because of premades, then it's by design. The intention is to use the event to play as a group. That's why there is no pug weekend SC.

How to make a sc balanced? Start with balancing the pug groups before it even starts but in like 90% of cases groups remain exactly like they started with e.g. 4 tanks in one group and none in other group.
This is what you ask for if queuing solo and no voicecom of a premade can make up for this lack of awareness and basic understanding of how to fix groups.

You know what it solves, you are just trolling. The reason why things were not as bad in T1 or Pre 40 is less groups and premades. Premades ruin a lot of balanced SC's. Just put old TV back then you can premade in that where you can't zerg one BO and try to farm people.

Sulorie

Post#37 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:04 pm

sogeou wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:45 pm
You know what it solves, you are just trolling. The reason why things were not as bad in T1 or Pre 40 is less groups and premades. Premades ruin a lot of balanced SC's. Just put old TV back then you can premade in that where you can't zerg one BO and try to farm people.
If I would troll you, I would use more emotes.

The very fact that people organize and build groups has a huge impact on your win ratio, no matter the tier.
You don't even need best gear.
This perception of lower tiers being nice and chilled is nonsense, the bigger the player pool, the higher the chances you encounter players who actually want to win. You can totally farm lower tiers with a bunch of randoms by just making balanced groups.
Those people make sure, that they got healers and tanks in their group instead of praying to God to roll the dice in your favor.
Premades don't ruin balanced sc, because their impact is only huge, if the enemy team is in fact not balanced.
People want to queue with any class they like but expect that the game builds balanced groups for them.
This is not working.
You don't balance a 6 dps group by forcing 6 DPS of the enemy team in one group as well. You let them miserable die because they deserve to get wiped for not bothering to log a healer or tank!

Old TV was chilled, I give you that, you could have watched television, while capping flags, with a map so big, you are gone before someone gets to you to defend.
Dying is no option.

ExcretusMaximus

Post#38 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:59 pm

The OP is clearly just an introvert who has anger issues and therefore can't make enough friends to put together his own group. It's hard to endear yourself to others when in one breath you act like a cool, calm, collected, individual looking only to even the playing field, and in the next breath you call everyone around you an entitled asshole.
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

Ads
ufthakk
Suspended

Post#39 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:42 pm

If you look for 100% fair play maybe don't play an PVP MMORPG.
But i still think there's nothing wrong with a more casual approach.
You guys should really stop to argue like u defend the one absolute truth.

TreefAM

Post#40 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:21 am

no response from the owner yet
ah well