Recent Topics

Ads

IB-least wanted tank.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
ashton007

IB-least wanted tank.

Post#1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:30 pm

After having geared almost 5 of the 6 tanks in the game and being considerably skilled with each, it’s come to my attention that there’s a lack for the wanting of IB’s in wb content. I am finding in almost every city that everyone is holding out for a knight/SM because their utility is just so much better. I am proposing that IB get some sort of unique wb buff or debuff, something like an AoE armor debuff would be nice for 2h spec (something to make it as atrocious as BG which is heavily wanted by destro in comparison),possibly a toughness debuff equal to the shamans? Idk even just making the buffs party buffs or a solid debuff would get us a better position, Maybe it’s a crit debuff like the Mara, stacking with knights to give knight/IB more synergy. I am not personally an expert on what it needs but the utility just isn’t there or enough for people to seek out IB, you bring maybe one for the Slayer and the rest are bottom of the totem pole, and only getting in if these groups can’t find Sm/kobs. The way the knights auras just overlap our buffs and SM offering more damage and utility (even their buffs/debuff are group wide and wb oriented) leaves IB just simply not getting picked at basketball recess. I don’t find it fair that the destro tanks all have a place in Sc, small scale and WB both while Ib is just particularly built for small scale and in a WB game it frankly makes no sense. Being the AP battery isn’t even enough to get you picked, it simply doesn’t matter how you spec your IB the other groups will wait for a kobs/SM. Plz give IB something to help with their meta, as it stands we just do not fit into the current meta outside the one single IB guard for the SL and sc’s(and honestly most sl are still preferring WW from SM). And compared solely to BG it doesn’t make a lot of sense for BG to have both better utility AND better damage.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: IB-least wanted tank.

Post#2 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:17 pm

That's not really a proposal, I've moved your post to the suggestions & feedback section.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:53 pm

ashton007 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:30 pm
I don’t find it fair that the destro tanks all have a place in Sc, small scale and WB both while Ib is just particularly built for small scale and in a WB game it frankly makes no sense.
Totally unfair. Or wait, what about BlackOrc D:

Bloodmasked

Post#4 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:06 am

if you don't know what IB has and doesn't have, then obviously you aren't considerably skilled in all the tanks...

space44

Post#5 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:10 am

IB not wanted in a group? must just be a really bad IB lol. they can literally top off the prot leaderboard and just not die.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

ashton007

Post#6 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:31 am

I’m fully aware of what ib brings to the table, in most cases it is overwritten by the other two tanks and less desirable. Ask any pro IB they’re gonna tell you it isn’t because of The class that they get into organized 24 mans.

ashton007

Post#7 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:37 am

ufthakk wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:53 pm
ashton007 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:30 pm
I don’t find it fair that the destro tanks all have a place in Sc, small scale and WB both while Ib is just particularly built for small scale and in a WB game it frankly makes no sense.
Totally unfair. Or wait, what about BlackOrc D:
Bo has group absorb, AoE stat debuff and group stat buffs (ini for entire party??) WOUNDS BUFF, I’m really not interested in that debate. BO Is still better fit for WB meta for utility AND has better damage.

Bozzax

Post#8 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:32 am

Every slayer loves his IB buddy
+25% parry
+10% crit
Snares
Ap drain counter
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
ashton007

Post#9 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:53 am

Bozzax wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:32 am Every slayer loves his IB buddy
+25% parry
+10% crit
Snares
Ap drain counter
Those are all ST buffs... taking about WB meta here and the knight can actually do 3/4 of those things better and with even more utility.

ashton007

Post#10 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:55 am

The entire point is that it needs something to make it more desirable compared to the Sm and the Kobs. It’s a last resort choice for most.