Recent Topics

Ads

[ranked] New cities

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alubert

[ranked] New cities

Post#1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:19 pm

If ranked is not already completely crossed off developers' priorities then take advantage of the temporary increase in population with the introduction of new cities.
Mergrim had a very good idea how to breathe life into ranked.
1. remove mmr system.
2. every player 40+ should be able to sign up for ranked sc.
3. do not divide players by rr and gear.
4. Every victory: 1 insignia + 20 emblems. Tie 10 emblems.
5. loss: zero rewards.

Block (for some time) qq ranked players who are in the habit of insulting other players (even those who enter the sc in aoe spec).

A large population of players will ensure that ranked games do not get boring for players. It is obvious that sometimes you will meet inexperienced players with poor gear, but everyone will have the same chance.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
BluIzLucky

Re: [ranked] New cities

Post#2 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:19 pm

As much as I want to see ranked return...

1. MMR is an integral part of ranking players, we can remove MMR and just call it Competitive/6v6.
2. The entry bar is already low and since gear/renown is not being bolstered, your conq +12 willpower talisman DPS is gonna get stomped even harder and stop playing anyway.
3. Same consequence as 2.
4. +1 total agreement
5. This game is already fairly grindy in all aspects (except pve) unless you win 90% of the time. Is it really so bad to reward players for participating even when losing?
There's sessions where you just get unlucky and loose 10 in a row, you want people to walk away with nothing after spending hours trying their best?
20 emblems for losing, no insignia.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Strakar

Post#3 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:00 pm

I totally agree we need to fix some things urgently with an influx of new players.. I saw several game sites touting the exploits of the devs. Great publicity! Orvr and ranked.

The proposed rewards by OP are too aggressive, one hardcore week and someone could have the jewel.

The weekly reward with emblem is good enough if they add 1 insignia plus 50 emblems at all 3 tiers. Then at worst an active player needs 17 weeks to accumulate.
Agree with needing some reward for losers, current rewards are fine TBH, 20 for win and 5 for loss if I remember.
Leave MMR but reduce or eliminate negative MMR for losses. Good, active players can then accelerate the above 17 week grind, but high MMR accessible to all. Highest MMR can still maintain l33t status.
Add more items that need emblems to purchase so people still have a purpose to collect. Ranked weapon, cosmetics, etc.

This requires minimal programming or structural changes and gets folks of all levels involved again. I would play ranked again with above criteria.

Bloodmasked

Post#4 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:29 am

just delete solo ranked its a joke

inoeth
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:58 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:29 am just delete solo ranked its a joke
mimimi I can not compete, plz remove so I can not get stomped anymore and feel better. srsly?

Caduceus

Post#6 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:09 am

BluIzLucky wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:19 pm
... we can remove MMR and just call it Competitive/6v6.

I think this needs to be considered.

A low entry level mode to practice and improve at 6v6 is desperately needed. Maybe once this style of play becomes more popular in the wider RoR community there will be enough people to create a functioning Ranked gamemode in the future.

From what I remember, 6v6 was at some point considered the basis for class balancing and I've also heard sounds recently that the devs intend to make small-scale a bigger part of RvR again.

Almost makes me wonder why this wasn't introduced yet!
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz