Recent Topics

Ads

[Tanks] Fortitude

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alubert

[Tanks] Fortitude

Post#1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:42 pm

I am revisiting a proposal from years ago.
All archetypes have a stat that increases their offensive or healing abilities aside from the soft cap. I am talking about magic power, mele power and healing power.
For some unknown reason, the Tank archetype was omitted.
On live server it was called "fortitude" and it worked like tougness.
Why couldn't this stat be added?
E.g. genesis jewellery 24 initiative + 36 fortitude? The equivalent of an offensive and healing version having 36 magic/mele/healing power + 24 initiative.
Maybe ranked set swap tougness for fortitude bonus?
Ect.
A little fairness wouldn't hurt anyone.
Not to mention that tanks are just a shadow of tanks from live server and DD and healers can enjoy what they have on live servers.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
Collision

Re: [Tanks] Fortitude

Post#2 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:49 pm

Some tanks (order and destro) are already pain to kill them (2min+ with a 6man on them). As a main tank player, i think this stat will be a lot to powerfull, i don't want to see an IB tanking alone a full wb.

don775

Post#3 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:07 pm

I think power bonuses should be altered to core stats in addition to the existing stats.

Alubert

Post#4 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:55 pm

Collision wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:49 pm Some tanks (order and destro) are already pain to kill them (2min+ with a 6man on them). As a main tank player, i think this stat will be a lot to powerfull, i don't want to see an IB tanking alone a full wb.
This was not a problem on the live server and will not be a problem here either. If you hit a tank it means you have already killed his dps and healers. So if you kill him for one minute or two, it makes no difference.
So according to your way of thinking if a DPS kills someone very fast e.g. in 5 sec it means that all items and bonuses giving him magic/mele power should be eliminated?
I don't get your twisted reasoning.
Keep in mind there is a general trend where survival rate is reduced e.g. armor talismans nerf, 24 targets aoe cap ect.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Tom

Post#5 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:01 pm

At some point toughness was also made less potent, i don't mean when it was limited to 75%, but it used to mitigate also sources of damage that are not scaling with stats. Back then it was very useful to have high toughness, now it is still useful but far more situational usefulness.

Collision

Post#6 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:47 pm

Alubert wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:55 pm
Collision wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:49 pm Some tanks (order and destro) are already pain to kill them (2min+ with a 6man on them). As a main tank player, i think this stat will be a lot to powerfull, i don't want to see an IB tanking alone a full wb.
This was not a problem on the live server and will not be a problem here either. If you hit a tank it means you have already killed his dps and healers. So if you kill him for one minute or two, it makes no difference.
So according to your way of thinking if a DPS kills someone very fast e.g. in 5 sec it means that all items and bonuses giving him magic/mele power should be eliminated?
Keep in mind there is a general trend where survival rate is reduced e.g. armor talismans nerf, 24 targets aoe cap ect.
On live server, dps hit far harder and high gear tanks can solo tank a wb.
If 8 tanks stop a wb for 2min after a lose fight you are going to take 2wb in the face or just not be able to move because of snare, root, stagger
Unkillable tank in sc, let just put a tank on every point and block caping.

armor talisman is used by healer not a lot of tank...the reducing of this tali was to make healer killable.

tazdingo

Post#7 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:52 pm

fortitude wouldn't cause tanks to be unkillable again since the toughness change that happened due to bg stacking

Alubert

Post#8 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:03 pm

Collision wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:47 pm
If 8 tanks stop a wb for 2min after a lose fight you are going to take 2wb in the face or just not be able to move because of snare, root, stagger

armor talisman is used by healer not a lot of tank...the reducing of this tali was to make healer killable.
Maybe tanks dont stack armor but good tanks yes.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
chise

Post#9 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:34 pm

Strongly agree!

It was also mentioned in the dev QnA 2 months ago that the team would consider removing flat stat tactics
As in, for how 'small' this change might look (just a footnote in that QnA) it would probably have greater impact in the game as a whole than a new dungeon, ranked, new professions

Tactics slots are extremely valuable - they re the way to customize a character in his role, even more than masteries

I would love having these flat stat tactics removed and having the stats added in other ways, at least for DPS and possibly tanks (healers dont need the extra WP, but w/e)

Devs please!

Collision

Post#10 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:56 pm

Alubert wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:03 pm
Collision wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:47 pm

Maybe tanks dont stack armor but good tanks yes.
Clearly not, you need wounds or you die on every moral drop. ok for a 50/50 wound armor as it is what i run, but full armor no