Recent Topics

Ads

Adjustments to queue tiers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
don775

Adjustments to queue tiers

Post#1 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:48 am

Hi

I wish to propose a possible solution to tiers currently theres 41 players online and its been a while ranked is kinda dry..

I think merging Tier4 with ranked for scenarios only. Leaving Tier 1 at 1-16(or perhaps 1-20)
Middle tier will include casual players of 16-39 that wont have to hold on to boons since the rest of the high players will aim for ranked at top tiers anyway.

Thanks for reading,
Last edited by don775 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Whyumadbro

Re: Adjustments to queue tiers

Post#2 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:12 pm

this would create a big imbalance in sc t2 when i que with my fullg eared slayer for fun

Sulorie

Post#3 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:31 pm

don775 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:48 am Hi

I wish to propose a possible solution to tiers currently theres 41 players online and its been a while ranked is kinda dry..

I think merging T2-3 with T4 for scenarios only. Leaving Tier 1 at 1-16(or perhaps 1-20)
Middle tier will include casual players of 16-40, while the rest of the high players will aim for ranked at top tiers.

Thanks for reading,
Midtier SC pops are just fine apart from the usual time of day low pop issues. To help t4 with ranked pops, it doesn't help to put lowlvls in a t4 bracket.
Dying is no option.

don775

Post#4 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:11 pm

I fixed first post sorry about the confusion, meant to be 16-39 - so once reached 40 you get straight to ranked practically for every 40+ and top rr players alike, casual players and competitive.

Ideally it is designed to create a funnel of players to ranked and adjust rewards a bit accordingly (via sc gear to opressor, difficulty, queue times, teamplay)

Omegus

Post#5 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:32 pm

There can be over 1000 people online and 3 people queued for ranked solo. I don't think the issue is how the tiers are distributed.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Sulorie

Post#6 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:49 pm

don775 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:11 pm I fixed first post sorry about the confusion, meant to be 16-39 - so once reached 40 you get straight to ranked practically for every 40+ and top rr players alike, casual players and competitive.

Ideally it is designed to create a funnel of players to ranked and adjust rewards a bit accordingly (via sc gear to opressor, difficulty, queue times, teamplay)
Solo Ranked demands 2-2-2, which greatly impacts queue times. Funneling all r40 players into ranked queue will of course increase the player pool but what are the results?
It's not like ranked has no carrot. Players must refuse to queue for other reasons and one reason could have been "I queue the whole evening and get no pop, I will never queue for this mess again".
When you join queue and there are now e.g. 7 healers in queue, you must have a guarantee, that you join the 3rd SC to pop, anything else will feel randomized and frustrating.
Then you have people who queue stacked whenever their friends are online, which tend to dominate the solo queue, while losing side will refuse to queue after a while.

You can be sure, that a lot will refuse to queue for SC, when you have only ranked with its sometimes toxic behavior, even if toxicity is sometimes just a reaction to players playing worse than someone expects.
Dying is no option.

don775

Post#7 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:43 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:32 pm There can be over 1000 people online and 3 people queued for ranked solo. I don't think the issue is how the tiers are distributed.
It is why I suggest to make all level 40 scs ranked only.

Omegus

Post#8 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:46 pm

don775 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:43 pm
Omegus wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:32 pm There can be over 1000 people online and 3 people queued for ranked solo. I don't think the issue is how the tiers are distributed.
Why? People really don't like 6v6 team deathmatch.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
don775

Post#9 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:55 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:49 pm
don775 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:11 pm I fixed first post sorry about the confusion, meant to be 16-39 - so once reached 40 you get straight to ranked practically for every 40+ and top rr players alike, casual players and competitive.

Solo Ranked demands 2-2-2, which greatly impacts queue times. Funneling all r40 players into ranked queue will of course increase the player pool but what are the results?
It's not like ranked has no carrot. Players must refuse to queue for other reasons and one reason could have been "I queue the whole evening and get no pop, I will never queue for this mess again".
When you join queue and there are now e.g. 7 healers in queue, you must have a guarantee, that you join the 3rd SC to pop, anything else will feel randomized and frustrating.
Then you have people who queue stacked whenever their friends are online, which tend to dominate the solo queue, while losing side will refuse to queue after a while.

You can be sure, that a lot will refuse to queue for SC, when you have only ranked with its sometimes toxic behavior, even if toxicity is sometimes just a reaction to players playing worse than someone expects.

Casual players will end up fighting casual players and there will actually be ranked games, which not happening at all, and it is not necessarily a quality/quantity mid tier scs are fun because skill wins not gear and mindless repetition.. let me reminding there is no ranked because it sucks the way it is.

don775

Post#10 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:57 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:46 pm
don775 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:43 pm
Why? People really don't like 6v6 team deathmatch.
Hence the term "merge" to include larger scs as ranked.