Recent Topics

Ads

RvR fights instead of PVE keeps

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
zulnam

Re: RvR fights instead of PVE keeps

Post#11 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:24 am

Please stop "fixing" the video game. It's a video game. Enjoy it or move on, take a break.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#12 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:09 pm

Satirico wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 am no "one-cares-for" dwarf city.

Could you elaborate? I care 8-)

As for the topic itself: rvr is being run on schedule recently. One city per day. In the evening. As per agreement between both sides.
How it affects the game? We all can see how stale, boring, predictable and plain silly rvr is recently. But hey, at least order boosts their ego getting to IC and destro feel good about themselves winning 90% of city instances.

No amount of cooldowns, lockouts or rvr mechanic work will change this ******* attitude. And the fact that we can't do anything other than wait for ranked season to end so that we can finally have some balancing changes made doesn't help with the situation.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Satirico

Post#13 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:56 pm

don775 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:13 am
Satirico wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 am
don775 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:54 am

Its already getting emptier and people abuse it, perhaps this is what you advise wiser?
Its because bad decisions "the gods" took with rvr that it's dying. Your suggestion is as bad as their decisions. Go help them doing ranked, dumb dungeon and no "one-cares-for" dwarf city.
You are just being sour, I said cooldown on capturing keeps as this is practically the OP suggestion.
But the game situation atm won't cover this. If they put cd on keep or bags or wathever, it will just be another unmotivational decision and more ppl will leave. Also, making people fighting instead doing pve is a kind of vision of someone who already is full sovereign and don't care for loot anymore. But in the actual zerg mostly player are raising new chars and wouldnt try to face a 80 sov enemy. What lasts is doing pve for get coins and try to get tougher against those already tough.

The system is broken, but it's not the keep pve fault or loot. The last changes on rvr were renown nerf. So we have the principal event of the game abandoned by dev team. And people will leave eventually because of it. When they used to make weekly patches at least ppl could try the changes, now, there is nothing new.

And yea
NSKaneda wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:09 pm

Good! You gonna be the only one happy with an empty city. If Altdorf and IC are already boring on siege what to say a new one!? Also, there are lots of more important problems to solve and maps people are waiting for like LotD. If they just deliver a common city, it won't motivate ppl to come back. I hope they can make more than this, like new stuff, quests, etc.

don775

Post#14 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:25 am

Satirico wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:56 pm
don775 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:13 am
Satirico wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 am

Its because bad decisions "the gods" took with rvr that it's dying. Your suggestion is as bad as their decisions. Go help them doing ranked, dumb dungeon and no "one-cares-for" dwarf city.
You are just being sour, I said cooldown on capturing keeps as this is practically the OP suggestion.
But the game situation atm won't cover this. If they put cd on keep or bags or wathever, it will just be another unmotivational decision and more ppl will leave. Also, making people fighting instead doing pve is a kind of vision of someone who already is full sovereign and don't care for loot anymore. But in the actual zerg mostly player are raising new chars and wouldnt try to face a 80 sov enemy. What lasts is doing pve for get coins and try to get tougher against those already tough.

The system is broken, but it's not the keep pve fault or loot. The last changes on rvr were renown nerf. So we have the principal event of the game abandoned by dev team. And people will leave eventually because of it. When they used to make weekly patches at least ppl could try the changes, now, there is nothing new.

And yea
NSKaneda wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:09 pm

Good! You gonna be the only one happy with an empty city. If Altdorf and IC are already boring on siege what to say a new one!? Also, there are lots of more important problems to solve and maps people are waiting for like LotD. If they just deliver a common city, it won't motivate ppl to come back. I hope they can make more than this, like new stuff, quests, etc.
-to your quote, yeah I agree, I think its because the game needs a re-rework to adjust the whole system to about +2,000 avg. players.. instead of the original design which doesnt fit today's 350~ avg. and dont forget 80%~ xrealmers.

I would be happy to see the direction goes to addressing that rather than nowhere.