Recent Topics

Ads

Renown

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
BeautfulToad

Renown

Post#1 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:27 pm

Has renown been nerfed for zone control and sieges?

If so, that should be fixed. This seems to be disincentivising people from participating in sieges, as opposed to incentivising people to participating in supply run stuff.

Ads
EuphoricAnguish

Re: Renown

Post#2 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:32 pm

I read that supply runs have been heavily nerfed, but nothing about sieges.

BeautfulToad

Post#3 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:03 am

EuphoricAnguish wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:32 pm I read that supply runs have been heavily nerfed, but nothing about sieges.
The RR from winning a siege seems a lot lower than a few weeks back.

Morradin

Post#4 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:59 am

From what I have seen over the last few weeks RR gain in RvR has been nerfed significantly. I have given up on playing my 81+ toons. There is no way I can see myself gaining any significant RR on them. Leveling up alts now.

warlover

Post#5 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:59 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:27 pm Has renown been nerfed for zone control and sieges?

If so, that should be fixed. This seems to be disincentivising people from participating in sieges, as opposed to incentivising people to participating in supply run stuff.
Yeah it's all nerfed, seems like they are doing everything they can to Lower the pop

Bobbiom

Post#6 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:19 am

The renown value you get from a keep siege is directly bound to how many defenders there were in said keep, afaik.
Empty pve keeps less renown.

Killing people at BO's in a zone with 400% AAO still gives massive amount of renown.

BeautfulToad

Post#7 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:41 am

warlover wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:59 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:27 pm Has renown been nerfed for zone control and sieges?

Yeah it's all nerfed, seems like they are doing everything they can to Lower the pop
I dont think it has all been nerfed, I think rr has been boosted for kills and supp drops

shoelessHN

Post#8 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:50 am

Zero point to siege now, keeps or forts, during low pop times. You get zero renown.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#9 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:46 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:41 am I dont think it has all been nerfed, I think rr has been boosted for kills and supp drops
Base rr for supplies have been nearly halved (from ~400 to ~250), but it could be possible kills are now a bit more rewarding. As for "boosted", I dont think it have been a lot, maybe 10-15% more.

Anyway, I can tell there are less "1 rp kills" unless you have negative aao and killing lower level players.

But the fact locking a zone, even without kills, is worth nearly nothing now is pretty dishearthening, especially under low pop times I dont know how you could even think about doing rvr and pushing zones now.

At least, previous "base rewards" were worthy enough to encourage people playing everytime.
Now getting 500 rp for zonelock, and barely 2-4k on lord is just a shame, and feels like you just wasted hours doing PvE.

I get the point being to push more people into sc (and ranked), but devs have to realize those activities may just no be pleasant for many ; going against full premades, and/or unbalanced comp is quickly killing the interest into scs, unless a big revamp is made about 6v6 / 12v12 balance and matchmaking, and most people seems to enjoy more the RvR, where you can even the odds by playing smart or just group together against more organized groups.

So IMO this kind of nerf is unjustified and actually will be counterproductive, since even before you simply could earn far more renown per hour playing scenarios.

Now they just killed for many the taste for oRvR, wich is a shame because whole game is centered around it.
I suggest quickly revert those changes, wich are a nightmare for all newcomers to level up their toons, and will ultimately lose many players in the process, far more than promoting alternative game modes.

If you want people doing more scenarios, start evening out the win/loss rewards, including ranked by letting go this 1k barrier nonsense (or at the very least adjusting it to feel less of a stepback on a loss, see my multiple posts about it), but please dont nerf the rewards on core activity of the game.

Brakh

Post#10 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:46 pm

Current rr gains are really dragging off new leveling people from the game.