Recent Topics

Ads

RvR Box Running

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Koryu199X

Re: RvR Box Running

Post#11 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:07 pm

Well it needs very careful execution, as I once said to the devs on live if it doesn't work on paper then it will definitely not work in practice. When you say wider battlefield I am interested. However, how will players be both supported, encouraged and in some cases forced to spread out? Simply creating a larger battlefield could compound the issues already being experienced. Also will you consider improving the relationship between battlefield objectives and the keep, I feel there needs to be a direct link between them as once 2 or even 3 stars is achieved that's it apart from me no one else is interested in defending them until after the keep is captured.

Ads
wonshot

Post#12 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:35 pm

Koryu199X wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:07 pm ..Also will you consider improving the relationship between battlefield objectives and the keep, I feel there needs to be a direct link between them as once 2 or even 3 stars is achieved that's it apart from me no one else is interested in defending them until after the keep is captured...
This!

Untill that is adressed, RoR replay loop will forever just be orvr functioning as a goldbag grind first, and pvp second. Leading to a reroll simulation where players dress up one char untill its geared and find there is nothing to use the gear on, and keep rerolling untill quitting.

This model can only sustain if there are more new players coming in, to replace the people going out. And while I love seeing the Phoenix freeshard people coming on here to get rvr nostalgia, and Blizzard fanboys looking elsewhere along with the 2021 video promotion. But this issue needs to be adressed soonish where BOs matter more during an active zone.

Not sure how much more the message can be delivered, tried to include the qoutes of all the warband building people 2-3 months ago. Most of them are gone now as there was no sign of any change coming to the maingame.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Koryu199X

Post#13 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:21 am

orvr functioning as a goldbag grind first, and pvp second.

You actually bring up an important point here Wonshot. One of the reasons it is a goldbag grind is because and I have found this applying to me is you need the top end gear in order to compete. A prime example is the witch hunter parry and heal spec. A player can use that and effortlessly compete against players that are way better geared and players that are not so well geared or low level will lose. In addition, for me solo roaming as a tank I struggle to compete against that and have no choice but to play a set way. We are all locked into only playing specs that are flavour of the month and needing the gear as that is the only thing that makes any difference and as a result skill has been well and truly thrown out the window. Yes ok you do see skillful players but there are a number of classes now with specs that are so forgiving you can prat around and still be alright.

mogt

Post#14 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:31 pm

the problem are not the system, the problem are the playerbase, if you have mutilple zones are open, what do the players, they zerg in one zone, that is the reason why the other zones are empty.

the players can be split the numbers and initiate a keep attack, if the enemys come to to deff, then the attackers take the zone, and they push the zones forward.
#
or give a timewindow, for another attack, these examples, are tactical and strategic gameplay.

the system is fine. many players just see the zerg and that is the problem

mynban

Post#15 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:04 am

mogt wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:31 pm the problem are not the system, the problem are the playerbase, if you have mutilple zones are open, what do the players, they zerg in one zone, that is the reason why the other zones are empty.

the players can be split the numbers and initiate a keep attack, if the enemys come to to deff, then the attackers take the zone, and they push the zones forward.
#
or give a timewindow, for another attack, these examples, are tactical and strategic gameplay.

the system is fine. many players just see the zerg and that is the problem
Game systems do not operate in isolated simulation models, they are meant to make things work ONCE PLAYER INTERACTION is added to the formula. What you are saying is system is fine, as long as players dont behave the way they do..

A game system falling apart once players start behaving the way they do, is the literal definition of a bad game system. A good game systems works when you add expected human behavior.

mogt

Post#16 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:14 pm

the players want just easy mode with no use brain cells, and that is the reason why the want zerg, in a zerg you dont need the brain just button smash and that is the problem, why a zone is open couple hours, with no forward and backward.

no tactical and strategy gameplay, that is a playerbase problem

MonkeyHead

Post#17 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:56 pm

mogt wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:14 pm the players want just easy mode with no use brain cells, and that is the reason why the want zerg, in a zerg you dont need the brain just button smash and that is the problem, why a zone is open couple hours, with no forward and backward.

Players with brain cells left this game a good long time ago. The constant blame merry-go-round is amusing enough to watch, no need to log into the game. I can get the same hit of serotonin watching you all fight about why the game isn't working. Better faction balance here in the forums anyway.

mynban

Post#18 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:57 pm

mogt wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:14 pm the players want just easy mode with no use brain cells, and that is the reason why the want zerg, in a zerg you dont need the brain just button smash and that is the problem, why a zone is open couple hours, with no forward and backward.

People zerg for one and one reason only; it is more beneficial to do so.

And guess what makes it more beneficial? Game mechanics. Change the way rewards are given, make it so that zerging is not as beneficial anymore, if anything make it so that fighting for underpop is more beneficial for rewards; then see whether there is any zerg left in game ever again.

Dev control game mechanics, and game mechanics dictate player behavior. There is no such things as 'player behavior in a vacuum'

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#19 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:30 am

Doesn’t matter what Devs change or do to “update” the system. Too many players will try very hard to do the least effort so they can “win” a bag and feel good about themselves. Players don’t really pvp in this game anymore, they just stand in one spot kill trading for hours aka Eataine Sanctuary , any bridge in Caledor , WC hill in Reikland and list goes on. Box running as it is I feel is a much better system then the old afk at bo and have 1 guy kill 10 because NONE of them pay any attention. Having npc’s run boxes is just another form of do nothing mindset in a PLAYER PVP game idea IMO.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Koryu199X

Post#20 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:42 am

Hmm, thinking on Gamesbonds post, firstly extending the rvr zone is an okay idea if done right. However, I would not do this straight away. The first thing I would be looking at is the relationship between the keep and the objectives. As I've already said they should provide a bonus either reduced damage to the door/lord by 10% for each one controlled or something else. Next there should be a skill called brace the gate that reduces the ram damage by lets say by 3% per player that does it stacking several times if more players want to do it then increase the stacks and reduce the percent. Booby trapping the ram should reduce ram damage by more or disable ram for a brief time to make it worthwhile doing such as suicidal thing. These changes potentially provide more to do in a siege and also start to develop a relationship between objectives and Keep. Next players can take a buff from a BO and become a champ, defending the BO should have more contribution, not saying getting rid of box running but needs to be encouraged to be intercepted.