Recent Topics

Ads

Mainstat tactics

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Teefz

Mainstat tactics

Post#1 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:53 pm

The idea is to free up a tactic slot for all archetypes across the board, while also giving a small boost to each archetypes mainstat.

The tactics:

Tanks: 160 Toughness (Rugged)
Healers: 160 Willpower (Discipline)
MDPS: 160 Strength (Brute Force)
Physical RDPS: 160 Ballistic (Masterful Aim)
Magic RDPS: 160 Intelligence (Endless Knowledge)

The suggestion:

From level 1-40, the characters would gain a bonus of four(4) mainstat per level. (4*40=160). The mainstat tactics would be removed and added as a passive buff.

The pros:

This would provide every class with a bonus per level and tanks with more survivability, while healers and dps would gain a small boost in their heal/damage output.
This would open up more options to mix and match different tactics and specs without sacrificing a potential loss of mainstat.
The added bonus per level might also serve as an extra carrot to persuade the players to grind to level 40, instead of twinking their toons in midtier, while using the
XP reduction scroll for as long as possible.

The cons:

Willpower scaling for healers ain’t great, so you could argue that tanks and dps gain more from this - as the time to kill would be lowered, while the heal output don’t increase enough compared to the dps output.
Personally I’m fine with a low time to kill, but ultimately I believe that this is a separate issue all together with the willpower scaling and should be treated as such - if deemed as a underperforming stat.
Furthermore you could argue that this game shouldn’t actively add more 'powercreep' to endgame, so the disparity between bolstered lowbies and endgame characters becomes bigger than it already is.

Disclaimer:
I remember this has been discussed in the past, so I cannot take credit for it, but I figured I would post it as a suggestion, as I cannot find a similiar suggestion-thread.

Let me know what the community thinks and if this is possible from a developer standpoint.

Ads
pvprangergod
Suspended

Re: Mainstat tactics

Post#2 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:10 pm

It can't be done because healer archetypes rely on divine fury for their dps/hybrid specs

wachlarz

Post#3 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:14 pm

I think,healers dont like idea, be killed on stun be single dps

BluIzLucky

Post#4 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:17 pm

This to me, just removes options. Sure, picking 160 of your main stat is a boring choice, but sometimes it's the right one.

That same thread had a suggestion to just give all classes an option to get 160 of any stat, which I like more.

E.g. my AM only uses 160 willpower in ranked and that's just sometimes, given a choice of int, toughness or wounds they would all get picked a lot more.
My SM would probably pick str 50% of the time.

This would also be a lot more newb friendly since a fresh 40 could just pick wounds/toughness to help surviving while getting better gear, instead of being forced to have 160 of the offensive stat.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Whyumadbro

Post#5 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:22 pm

i love the idea! slayer/choppa would gain a lot from that. but i think that one pros is missing here: the class can become more fun, wargrimmnir also said in Q&A that he mainstat tactics are boring, so we have a solid idea here.

Osred

Post#6 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:32 pm

Id second the option to choose our mainstat. I do worry about the balance implications though in general.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Bozzax

Post#7 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:53 pm

I run a lot of non meta specs (most classes)

My .2$ is that defensive dps builds will be to strong relative off builds and 2h tanks will be to tanky (relative snb)

Seems like a giant waste of dev time to rebalance everything from scratch.
Last edited by Bozzax on Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Grious

Post#8 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:16 pm

There was a post a while back I saw about these that I thought was a pretty interesting idea. Making them tome tactics instead of regular tactics.

With this you could put the remaining stat tactics behind tome unlocks / purchases. It would allow for more flexibility in builds, hole filling, and those off-specs that require different stats (DPS Healers).

Might require some tinkering on how much flat stats they give since I believe you end up with 2 tome tactic slots and having a total of 320 stats from tactics might be overdoing it.

Ads
Fritomaster

Post#9 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:12 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:14 pm I think,healers dont like idea, be killed on stun be single dps
Maybe not one hit. But they are solo gods atm. Would be nice if tank play/position/peels mattered more.

wachlarz

Post#10 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:07 pm

Fritomaster wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:12 pm
wachlarz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:14 pm I think,healers dont like idea, be killed on stun be single dps
Maybe not one hit. But they are solo gods atm. Would be nice if tank play/position/peels mattered more.
I dont write on 1 hit just on a single stun. Dead healers dont heal. If U incresae a dps by a 1 more tac dmg will go up. Healers dont have prob with will\ heal they have prob with survi. Not all play a dok or Wp