Recent Topics

Ads

Delete solo ranked only have grouped

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Delete solo ranked only have grouped

Yes
55%
No
45%
Total votes: 148

skylinx

Re: Delete solo ranked only have grouped

Post#31 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:08 am

I've noticed over the past couple days that during EU primetime 1k+ mmr players are basically getting the same groups over and over. There are limited amount of active players in that tier and they have their group ranked essentially already.

Below 1k mmr is a free for all. If you made ranked group only, how many players and their characters unless they had meta BiS wouldn't ever get the chance to play this game mode.

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#32 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:17 pm

skylinx wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:08 am I've noticed over the past couple days that during EU primetime 1k+ mmr players are basically getting the same groups over and over. There are limited amount of active players in that tier and they have their group ranked essentially already.

Below 1k mmr is a free for all. If you made ranked group only, how many players and their characters unless they had meta BiS wouldn't ever get the chance to play this game mode.
I thought the complain was that ranked solo is effectively just group mode since the player pool is quite small, as well as being 6V6. I prefer solo mode, my complaint of solo ranked is that it is not solo enough!

jp28dew

Post#33 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:51 pm

I think if we get the option to get royals in ranked, ranked participation will skyrocket. This will fix the participation and match-making issues.

normanis

Post#34 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:47 pm

why its called SOLO if there is only 6vs6. and need proper setup 2/2/2. there is no 1vs1
maby i misunderstand word solo . done by one person alone; unaccompanied.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Jeliel80

Post#35 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:29 pm

Should have been like that from the beginning.
Just group ranked.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 81

Arthem

Post#36 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:32 pm

oilpourer wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:28 pm the solo ranked discord opened pandora's box and im really not a fan of it. yea anyone could use discord already but most of the time they weren't going to bother unless they were friends already. now if you get a worse team and the other team is using discord theres no chance
What are you doing on an MMO if you don't think using comms and communicating in a team is fair? Haha. Serious question btw, curious to get an insight in to your way of thinking. :)

kirraha

Post#37 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:17 pm

normanis wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:47 pm why its called SOLO if there is only 6vs6. and need proper setup 2/2/2. there is no 1vs1
maby i misunderstand word solo . done by one person alone; unaccompanied.
1v1 is for the amazing duelarena that some dev made. Please ;)

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#38 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:32 pm

Arthem wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:32 pm
oilpourer wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:28 pm the solo ranked discord opened pandora's box and im really not a fan of it. yea anyone could use discord already but most of the time they weren't going to bother unless they were friends already. now if you get a worse team and the other team is using discord theres no chance
What are you doing on an MMO if you don't think using comms and communicating in a team is fair? Haha. Serious question btw, curious to get an insight in to your way of thinking. :)
maybe because of that:
Mergrim wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:17 am
No more discord for me in Solo ranked. I have tried, but people are screaming/trashtalking .. . it's the biggest toxic place right now.

Ads
sogeou

Post#39 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:36 pm

Using a discord where one side has an advantage of everyone is on comms is kinda huge. People already stack teams in ranked where the same 3-4 people play and get on the same team. Best thing would be remove MMR, and randomly pull people from the Q in the pool. Because stacking teams and a ranked discord for comms is an unfair advantage. No matter if you disagree.

Mergrim

Post#40 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:42 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:36 pm
Using a discord where one side has an advantage of everyone is on comms is kinda huge. People already stack teams in ranked where the same 3-4 people play and get on the same team. Best thing would be remove MMR, and randomly pull people from the Q in the pool. Because stacking teams and a ranked discord for comms is an unfair advantage. No matter if you disagree.
Like i write, i'm not using discord anymore, and have no problem to win vs 6man on discord. For me, still 95% of people playing this game do not know the basic mechanics, so even if they are at discord, it change nothing.