Recent Topics

Ads

Delete solo ranked only have grouped

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Delete solo ranked only have grouped

Yes
55%
No
45%
Total votes: 148

Aethilmar

Re: Delete solo ranked only have grouped

Post#21 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:54 pm

Karl wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:49 pm Why advocate for it’s removal? If you don’t like it don’t play it…
They want it removed to force more people into group ranked. Preferably more people with sub-optimal groups so they can build their MMR more safely.

Ads
Karl

Post#22 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:54 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:54 pm
Karl wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:49 pm Why advocate for it’s removal? If you don’t like it don’t play it…
They want it removed to force more people into group ranked. Preferably more people with sub-optimal groups so they can build their MMR more safely.
Aha! Sneaky:)

Dabbart

Post#23 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:08 pm

Has there been any thought into adding 12v12 Ranked Solo ques? Or other player sizes? I could guess the argument being that if it is hard to get a pop for 6v6, 12v12+ will take forever. But would increasing the count increase interest? More people means you can cover 1-2 deficiencies much easier, so possibly those that are worried about "toxic behaviour" ("talkin' ****" to my generation) might be more willing to Que. That could be wrong however, and more players per game means more people who suck, therefore less ques.

You would see far less Draw's imo, less single death=GG AFK games. And, a single player or duo wouldn't be able to "take control" of the SC. Or maybe rotated the Ranked Sc map to include variations and objectives. 6v6 deathmatch is fun, and I know most people just ignore objectives anyways. But so what? Why have the fancy maps and objects if all we want is to Braveheart charge at the enemy?

Hell, remove the name Solo Ranked and call it PUG Ranked, since that is what it is. You are Qing solo, and joining a pick up group for a single match, hoping that the randoms know how to play and can carry you. That is PUGing. Allow duo Qing as we already do for PUG SCs, and open up Qing for 6v6 ranked to smaller groups(ie, groups sized 2/3/4/5/6 can Q for 6v6 ranked). Lower the loot for PUG ranked, and keep same rate for 6v6.

Alternatively, make all SCs either PUG, Ranked PUG SCs(with lower MMR benefits/penalties and caps MMR gains at a certain amount) which function as normal SCs currently do, Ranked Solo(which remains 6v6 but has a higher MMR alteration and no cap), and 6v6 ranked.

MMR as it stands, is kinda bollocks. Especially for non-EU players. NA is a bitch, and I just feel bad for SEA...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

CountTalabecland

Post#24 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:14 pm

Its a fine game mode. Ppl could stand to be leas toxic about it. Its pretty unbelievable that ppl need to be this hardcore about a 12 yr old game.

I prefer it to pug and grp. Its matchmaking + random players like most other non-mmo pvp games where who you get on your team varies.

I don’t like grp bc it turns into knowing who you can beat and who you can’t based on what comp of elite guilds and no lifers u get. Which is essentially what city siege premades are. No thank you.

If you don’t like it, don’t queue for it. Easy as that.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

BeautfulToad

Post#25 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:22 pm

I'd prefer different options in other game modes than removing features. Some players do like ranked solo.

navis

Post#26 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:43 pm

I vote to just have a ranked group, in the end, it just makes more sense. The regular T4 queue would be more active.
That said I have no problem with other scenario types like 3v3, 6v6 I just don't think they should be where the new gear sets are..
cheers

FHilton

Post#27 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:05 am

I voted no, because it's a part of the game.
Like it or not, please stop making stupid threads like this.
If look for competitive gameplay make your own 6man , 12man or WB or just stfu.
Katy - KOTBS / Daizy - IB / Tinderellla - BW
Ferriz - BG / Gitstorm - Sham / Tankaty - CH

Justina

Post#28 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:27 am

What I like about solo ranked matches is the way the system is putting players together. I think that works very well. That there are no premade groups allowed is the best of all about it. Having to face the same perfect premade over and over again would be just awful.

What I dont like about ranked is that it favors melees too much. When it's only about assisting and killing then the squishy ranged dps will never do good there. The ranged dps classes, especially on order side, doing really bad in there. Is there even one ranged SW in the top 100? BWs/Sorcs/Magus/Engi also having a hard time. There are some people that can pull it off but that's the very rare exception.

Ads
Martok

Post#29 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:39 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:14 pmIts a fine game mode. Ppl could stand to be leas toxic about it. Its pretty unbelievable that ppl need to be this hardcore about a 12 yr old game.

Truer words (about Warhammer RoR) were never spoke.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Strakar

Post#30 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:51 am

Why delete? The content is already there. Keep tweaking it and the players will tell us if they like it or not by participating. I haven't had the best experience so far either but asking to delete is just drama.