Recent Topics

Ads

Change Aversion(absorp) shared CD's

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dabbart

Change Aversion(absorp) shared CD's

Post#1 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:02 pm

Hello,

Currently, Potions of Aversion(absorp pots) share a CD with the Blue 825 armor pots and the Green 660. I just confirmed this by blowing one of each as I typed this. As suggested by Sioding in the first url, I am suggesting that this be changed. If I missed a previous suggestion, I apologise. Bugs: Posted here, Mar 22, 2019 and Posted here, Jan 14 2021.

I do not believe that this is an intentional sharing of CD, however since Sioding didn't consider it a bug, I could be wrong. I do not believe it would be game breaking for Potions of Aversion, in all their various forms, to have their own, shared, CD.

Absorp pots are designed to be used in combat, as they last a very short while. Generally, Armor pots are used prior to combat since they last 60min. Sometimes, yes your pot will tick down while you are in combat, but this will almost 100% be due to negligence to pop a fresh one with 4minutes left, right before the SC/stage/siege started. However, using a fresh armor pot will ensure that you don't have an absorp pot for the first few minutes of the fight. I do not believe this is intentional, helpful, or balancing in any way.

Thoughts?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
pvprangergod
Suspended

Re: Change Aversion(absorp) shared CD's

Post#2 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:05 am

It should be considered a quality of life change. Its very annoying to not be able to use absorbs every time you refresh your armor potion.

BluIzLucky

Post#3 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:26 am

I get why they haven't gotten around to it and not to make everything about ranked but...
Maybe this needs to be addressed with a little higher priority now that ranked is more prominent.
A ranked game will often be over by 5 minutes and a +2k absorb could have been the difference between surviving and dying (especially against certain crit burst classes)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

nonfactor

Post#4 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:46 am

i proposed that years ago and got rebutted with "BUT THATS HOW IT WORKED ON LIVE" by one of the devs

Dabbart

Post#5 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:54 am

Can you point to where? On either RoR forums or Live vod/notes? Because I do not believe that is how it worked on live. I feel like I would of remembered bitching about it. And I did search the forums.

I am assuming this was on your previous acct, before said Dev, totally out of nowhere banned you for no reason at all. Thank you for your input.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.