Recent Topics

Ads

[Ranked]Let's fix ranked games before they die.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mergrim

Re: [Ranked]Let's fix ranked games before they die.

Post#91 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:59 pm

dalen wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:59 pm
Mergrim wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:43 pm
Opeteh wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:37 pm

I don't know, was thinking about something... that make sense?
That's why I want them to always add the same number of points for win / lose / draw. Win + 15 losses -10 draws + 0. 3 days ago I had a difficult 10 minute game, I won and +36 points, because we had a person with high mmr. Then another game, won after 1 minute ... 103 points.
So you want a system that doesn't take into account how good enemy team you faced or if you had lower rated players on your team etc.

Seems like a lot worse system to me.
The current system mainly shows ppl which know when que and when not que. There are many good players who haven't achieved 1k mmr with 200 games played. As I wrote, I don't care about the position in the ranking. Unfortunately, the ranking looks dead. 10-17 Altdorf time we only have games from the lower bracket (4-5 per day). 17-24 both bracket pop, but mostly 1-2 games, rarely 3-4.
When season two started, the ranked games were alive 24/7. Most players see that they have no chance of receiving the prize they want, they simply give up

Again: We need remove 1k mmr req for insignia drop. Every new person that try ranked games still need 4-6k triumphant mark.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#92 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:05 pm

Sure, it is only based on luck. But somehow the same players seem to be lucky in every season, and on multiple classes. While other players are perpetually unlucky.
because they stack on first days and climb togheter..thats not hard to figure it

theoddone

Post#93 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:09 pm

Just add 10 insignias for completing the weekly?

That way sub 1k players can get insignias, but still have to win 10 matches.
-Theo

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#94 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:39 pm

dalen wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:36 pm
There's been many many patches over the last couple of months making improvements to the ranked SCs, many of those based on player feedback from multiple active players in ranked SCs. I can assure you that isn't a sign of "issues are being ignored in a head-in-sand kind of way".

At the moment we are in the middle of a season, so needless to say there's not going to be any big revamps of how the system works now. Those bigger revamps were done in the 1-2 months before the season started
So we have to deal with season 2 as it is and hope for a better system in season 3. Couple of months maybe a year ?
At least there will be a balance patch in the meanwhile, but will it be a good one? Otherwise u have to wait a couple of months and hope for the next patch.
Looks like some bugs are here to stay.
No idea what u working on, hope it's worth the struggle.

agemennon675

Post#95 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:17 pm

Dont want to turn this thread into a balance discussion one but I am an althacolic and my only high gear rr character is on destro so I am playing this gamemode on destro side. I love every aspect of it, its well thought out there are brackets, mmr gain loss is calculated with teams mmr in mind, we dont get punished for losing games at the start and never get a match like previous seasons, yet I am not playing it. Why ? You might ask my answer is Slayers, its extremely opressing to play against double slayer in ranked. Thats it. Thank you all who made this game mode a success.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

BluIzLucky

Post#96 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:11 pm

Spoiler:
dalen wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:59 pm
Mergrim wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:43 pm
Opeteh wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:37 pm

I don't know, was thinking about something... that make sense?
That's why I want them to always add the same number of points for win / lose / draw. Win + 15 losses -10 draws + 0. 3 days ago I had a difficult 10 minute game, I won and +36 points, because we had a person with high mmr. Then another game, won after 1 minute ... 103 points.
So you want a system that doesn't take into account how good enemy team you faced or if you had lower rated players on your team etc.

Seems like a lot worse system to me.
Yup, the MMR System you use is top notch.
The current system also quite gracefully handles stacking to some degree.. if you just play with other high rated players against low rated ones you will gain a lot less and lose a lot more.

The reason it can seem off is;
A) few games played (inaccurate MMR)
B) low population (high diviation in MMR)

A can be solved by B and by making longer seasons (assuming there's a MMR reset at the beginning of each season).
B was improved by better rewards, but there's still a lot that could be done (class 6v6 balance changes, reward and system tweaks, etc).
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

blakokami

Post#97 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:49 pm

theoddone wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:09 pm Just add 10 insignias for completing the weekly?

That way sub 1k players can get insignias, but still have to win 10 matches.
+1, great idea
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

wonan

Post#98 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:06 pm

Just on a simple point, I have been standing in Altdorf waiting for a ranked pop. The pop came but just while I was moving my drink away from my desk before accepting I was AFK logged, this has gone down as a defeat and about -60 points. Maybe if you are in a sc's queue that could count as you still being active?

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#99 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:27 pm

wonan wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:06 pm Just on a simple point, I have been standing in Altdorf waiting for a ranked pop. The pop came but just while I was moving my drink away from my desk before accepting I was AFK logged, this has gone down as a defeat and about -60 points. Maybe if you are in a sc's queue that could count as you still being active?
haha you feel my pain.. this weekend I won 1 game got about 130 MMR.. then next day afked for 3 mins after waiting for more than 30 mins, I normally have SC Alert on but it didn't start this time so no sound, and so missed a pop losing me 105 points .. great stuff.. :roll:

Though you must have been away for a while for it to log you off, not sure it would benefit the queuing system to have long time AFKers remain in queue. Better to just give you quitter without impacting your Match Making Rating
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

wonan

Post#100 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:33 pm

Yes that works, just out of interest if you decline the pop does that count as a defeat or just get quitter...I dare not try it!