Recent Topics

Ads

Solo Ranked

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Community Management, Management

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
User avatar
Spellbound
Posts: 272
Contact:

Re: Solo Ranked

Post#31 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:00 am

gebajger wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:52 pm
Spellbound wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:01 am
Neflak wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:01 am
What is going on with ranked? I basically never see games popping anymore even during EU prime time. As a ranged dps main I can't even get 10 games a week in a reasonable time, much less 10 wins. Are the incentives not good enough for people to que this or there is just no reason to que right now? I don't understand, I thought this was end game pvp for small scale fighting... seems like nobody cares...?
The “Best patch in RoR history” claim with the NB change did the opposite of helping ranked pop.

Large population don’t care for ranked and it’s only meant for certain classes.
I'm not sure there is a connection, imo its more like ppl are waiting for season 2, which - as we all know - is coming in two weeks.
On the other hand, if I'm wrong and it is in fact a direct result of the removal of NB, I'll consider it a job well done, and I'll be happy with less pop.
Which is exactly my point I made to some devs. Those that care about ranked/NB too much don’t care if the server pop is down to 50-100 as long as they get their Ranked matches in because they don’t orvr. They’re ok with standing in the city until Ranked pop with no regard to oRvR.

Larger player base care more for oRvR than Ranked, who actually care about population.
Image

Ads
MonkeyHead
Posts: 24

Re: Solo Ranked

Post#32 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:07 pm

Devs should make Ranked its own game on its own server. character creation should spit out a lv40 rr 80 bis character. Cities as the lobby and ranked sc the only game mode. they can then ballance ranked to their heart's content without destroying the rest of the game modes.

BelligerentBob
Posts: 103
Contact:

Re: Solo Ranked

Post#33 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:28 pm

Earthcake wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 am
BelligerentBob wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:09 pm

The NB change revealed the community is casual and lacking in mechanical skill.
Wait, you mean people playing a non competitive dead game are casual and lacking in mechanical skill ?

Who would have thought ?!
Well, everyone should have cause it's fairly obvious. If you are an A M A Z I N G player, you go play an active game where you'll earn millions.

If you are here with us, then you are as bad as the rest of us, sorry.

Where is the lie though? :lol:
Image
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

User avatar
Earthcake
Posts: 163

Re: Solo Ranked

Post#34 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:54 pm

BelligerentBob wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:28 pm

Wait, you mean people playing a non competitive dead game are casual and lacking in mechanical skill ?

Who would have thought ?!
Well, everyone should have cause it's fairly obvious. If you are an A M A Z I N G player, you go play an active game where you'll earn millions.

If you are here with us, then you are as bad as the rest of us, sorry.

Where is the lie though? :lol:
[/quote]

Try to find it !
Will be hard tho.

gebajger
Posts: 170

Re: Solo Ranked

Post#35 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:44 pm

Spellbound wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:00 am
gebajger wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:52 pm
Spellbound wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:01 am


The “Best patch in RoR history” claim with the NB change did the opposite of helping ranked pop.

Large population don’t care for ranked and it’s only meant for certain classes.
I'm not sure there is a connection, imo its more like ppl are waiting for season 2, which - as we all know - is coming in two weeks.
On the other hand, if I'm wrong and it is in fact a direct result of the removal of NB, I'll consider it a job well done, and I'll be happy with less pop.
Which is exactly my point I made to some devs. Those that care about ranked/NB too much don’t care if the server pop is down to 50-100 as long as they get their Ranked matches in because they don’t orvr. They’re ok with standing in the city until Ranked pop with no regard to oRvR.

Larger player base care more for oRvR than Ranked, who actually care about population.
I really don't think its how it is. Why would people wait afk in the city and only play ranked and nothing else...whats the point.
NB and ranked are 2 different things, don't make it look like some elitist group who don't care about the server, and don't play any other aspect of the game wanted it banned.
I personally find ranked very boring , but some of the rewards are decent.
For me, the fun comes from orvr, always has.
And yet I'm glad NB is gone.
Rioz

User avatar
agemennon675
Posts: 369

Re: Solo Ranked

Post#36 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:49 pm

gebajger wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:44 pm
Spellbound wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:00 am
gebajger wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:52 pm


I'm not sure there is a connection, imo its more like ppl are waiting for season 2, which - as we all know - is coming in two weeks.
On the other hand, if I'm wrong and it is in fact a direct result of the removal of NB, I'll consider it a job well done, and I'll be happy with less pop.
Which is exactly my point I made to some devs. Those that care about ranked/NB too much don’t care if the server pop is down to 50-100 as long as they get their Ranked matches in because they don’t orvr. They’re ok with standing in the city until Ranked pop with no regard to oRvR.

Larger player base care more for oRvR than Ranked, who actually care about population.
I really don't think its how it is. Why would people wait afk in the city and only play ranked and nothing else...whats the point.
NB and ranked are 2 different things, don't make it look like some elitist group who don't care about the server, and don't play any other aspect of the game wanted it banned.
I personally find ranked very boring , but some of the rewards are decent.
For me, the fun comes from orvr, always has.
And yet I'm glad NB is gone.
Quite the opposite like you said, most players who play ranked already have their sov mix bis weapons etc. Which means these are the players who played the entire game and now using it for competitive game play aka ranked game mode.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

BlackRainbow412
Posts: 3

Re: Solo Ranked

Post#37 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:58 pm

Earthcake wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 am
BelligerentBob wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:09 pm

The NB change revealed the community is casual and lacking in mechanical skill.
Wait, you mean people playing a non competitive dead game are casual and lacking in mechanical skill ?

Who would have thought ?!
Well, everyone should have cause it's fairly obvious. If you are an A M A Z I N G player, you go play an active game where you'll earn millions.

If you are here with us, then you are as bad as the rest of us, sorry.
Wat? So, if you like an old game that is unpopular you are automatically * as bad as the rest of us *? Idiocy. It is absolutely stupid to talk about games from the standpoint of e-sports, which were originally designed for this.
Let's add aimbot to the unpopular shooters - if you don't like it, go to esport popular shooter!
If you are a casual gamer, what is the problem if you play worse than those who try hard to play this game? I think you have an ego problem ,since nothing besides your ego will not suffer if you play worse without this addon. YOU don’t want to play better at this game - and your results are worse, to mine it sounds fair.
Nevertheless, I disagree with NB's ban. Just because it's stupid to ban it after TEN years of using it. Such a decision, IMHO, would be appropriate only at the start. Now it will be too painful - whether it is right or not.


I agree with Mergrim - devs need to make a general pool of players in solo ranked and make a check for mirror classes to avoid duplication (Knight-Chosen etc). As far as I remember, the developers have already done this with duplication of the same heals - so I think it's technically possible. This will solve many problems such as - the lack of some classes for different sides, pre-mades in soloq, one side completely stops playing when it meets strong opponents, etc. + none of the sides can say that they are weaker because you are all in one q.

gebajger
Posts: 170

Re: Solo Ranked

Post#38 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:58 pm

agemennon675 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:49 pm
gebajger wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:44 pm
Spellbound wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:00 am


Which is exactly my point I made to some devs. Those that care about ranked/NB too much don’t care if the server pop is down to 50-100 as long as they get their Ranked matches in because they don’t orvr. They’re ok with standing in the city until Ranked pop with no regard to oRvR.

Larger player base care more for oRvR than Ranked, who actually care about population.
I really don't think its how it is. Why would people wait afk in the city and only play ranked and nothing else...whats the point.
NB and ranked are 2 different things, don't make it look like some elitist group who don't care about the server, and don't play any other aspect of the game wanted it banned.
I personally find ranked very boring , but some of the rewards are decent.
For me, the fun comes from orvr, always has.
And yet I'm glad NB is gone.
Quite the opposite like you said, most players who play ranked already have their sov mix bis weapons etc. Which means these are the players who played the entire game and now using it for competitive game play aka ranked game mode.
If they enjoy it, good for them. As I said I find the whole thing boring.

My point was simple, I don't think that a very small portion of the community (ranked players) is to blame for the removal of NB, or that if you agree with it you don't care about the server.
Rioz

Ads
User avatar
Earthcake
Posts: 163

Re: Solo Ranked

Post#39 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:32 pm

BlackRainbow412 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:58 pm

Wat? So, if you like an old game that is unpopular you are automatically * as bad as the rest of us *? Idiocy. It is absolutely stupid to talk about games from the standpoint of e-sports, which were originally designed for this.
Well, if you think that the level here, with NO competition whatsoever is as high as in any competitive game, then we just gonna have to disagree.

And as you said, this no esport, why try to make it as time consuming to be good ? But for no reward, does it make any sense ?

User avatar
Kaelang
Community Management
Posts: 1059

Re: Solo Ranked

Post#40 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Earthcake wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:32 pm

And as you said, this no esport, why try to make it as time consuming to be good ? But for no reward, does it make any sense ?
Some people enjoy being competitive without needing rewards. People play League / DotA / CSGO / Valorant without making it pro - I'm pretty confident not everyone plays them games to be the next world champion team. People find fun in different things.
Installation GuideRoR DiscordBugtrackerPersonal Twitch

If you play a Dwarf expect an extended delay in my response to your questions. You deserve it. Ugly.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests