Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman/Archmage suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Auzor

Shaman/Archmage suggestions

Post#1 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:18 pm

The class mechanic, remains clunky imo.
Further, there are too many abilities, that simply don't use it.

Shaman, Path of Mork:
None of the three abilities in the tree itself, use it.
The +group resistance buff, doesn't use it either.
So right there, that's half of the Path's total abilities.
With Archmage, for funnel essence it does apply... so it's 'only' 3/8 that don't use the class mechanic.

DPS tree:
okay, Shaman has 'Ere we go', and it's the only 1.
For Archmage it's all. Of course, they all build the same thing.

3rd tree:
Shaman:
3/8 don't use the class mechanic.
Archmage is 'better' again with 'only' 2/8.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1) ALL Shaman/Archmage spells, especially those tied to a tree, should use the class mechanic.

2) Class mechanic overhaul suggestions:
Make your Gork/Mork Force/Tranquility stack up to 4, and each ability uses up 2 stacks instead of 1.
Stacks consumed reduce cast time, and convert part of your willpower/intelligence to the other type, for that single cast.
Now: making each stack convert 25% of your stats would be OP I reckon; we could try 15% per stack?
For DPS, increasing disrupt (/block) strikethrough would be nice for the healers;
For Healing, I'm thinking reduced action point cost.

Another overhaul, would be to make the distinction between Casted, and instant abilities, for Gork/Mork & Force/Tranquility.
e.g. : all insta-casts, build tranquility. All cast timed abilities, build force.
That would allow any 'pure' healer or 'pure' DPS to alternate, and have a class mechanic.

--------------------------------------------------------------

3) 3rd tree is a bit lacking.
'Scuse me & Storm of Cronos really seem like they should be DPS abilities.
Sticky Feetz & Mistress of the March seem like they should be in the 3rd tree.

So: 'Scuse me goes to DPS tree.
In return for 'Ere we go' (still 'class learned', which now gets a life-steal effect (lower the damage, standard 150% life gain. First 'path of da green' tactic gives double 'Ere we go).
Sticky Feetz gets swapped with the silence.

Then: I'll take that, becomes undefendable, gets a 5s cooldown, and also inflicts a lifetapping DoT for 5s. (reverse 'Gork'll fix it). I'll take that was nerfed a bit; this is an undo, but with a resulting timer to prevent abuse. The extra healing also comes from a DoT, so is not instant.
We remove the Toughness debuff, in favor of an AoE shield ability (first ability on Green tree); something like 5s duration, 15s cooldown, could be tied to your party, or just cast on an ally, and covers a number of nearby allies. This gives 3rd tree an extra 'Mork' ability. It also gives Shaman more group 'healing'.
(I'd have Yer a Weakling, Don Feel Nuthing & this AoE shield as 'Mork' abilities within the 3rd tree. Sticky Feetz too perhaps)

Second tactic in Path of da Green, could then lower the cooldown of the two 'shield' abilities, to 10s.

Waagh Frenzy tactic, now gives +10% damage & healing (healing: ->done AND received?) bonus, to anyone protected by your shields.

Archmage to get similar changes; Radiant Gaze moves over to 3rd tree as it has debuff effects.

For both, remove the cooldown of 'Bleed for me'/'Transfer Force'; lower the damage, reduce the duration, and allow it to stack up to two times.

DPS tree:
tactics wise:
Touch of Gork/Khaine's Touch is really harsh in the downside.
This is the top tactic in the tree, in a class that has a mechanic suggesting alternating heals/damage, and a class that *already* has a +dmg, less heals tactic.
So I'd either remove the downside completely, or strongly dampen it; something like instead of -20% heals, -10% heal crit chance.

Healing tree:
I'd like to see the 'Group Cleanse' tactic in the middle of the tree.
Just swap them with the current tactic, to be equivalent to DoK/WP.
Shaman: 'Do Something useful': isn't this... underwhelming?
I think it could be a 'super' Gork'll fix it; 10s duration= twice as long; perhaps also give it an initial heal, instead of the Toughness boost.
Archmage's funnel essence: why not increase the cast time. It's only single target after all...

Just some thoughts & ramblings.

Ads
Kurama

Re: Shaman/Archmage suggestions

Post#2 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:40 pm

I think the devs mentioned Shaman/AM are next in line for rework.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Barboo

Post#3 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:01 pm

In two weeks

Goermsi

Post#4 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:36 pm

Kurama wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:40 pm I think the devs mentioned Shaman/AM are next in line for rework.
Oh no, pls dont. :(
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

Auzor

Post#5 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:44 am

Barboo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:01 pmIn two weeks
Do we know anything about this?

Another idea, if Shaman gets an AoE shield,
would be to change the effect a bit of both shields: make it a damage-feedback (every time this char is hit with direct single target/AoE dmg, he deals back X dmg for the next 5/9 seconds. In addition, the first Y damage received during this time is absorbed).
That would 'justify' making this a 'Gork'/'Force' building ability, so a healer could use the shields, which don't require 'Intelligence' to bypass enemy disrupt or to scale lifetap-healing, to use his class mechanic.
The lifesteals, would become (nearly) all about the healing, and would become Mork/Tranquility so a DPS could use these 'Intelligence-based' abilities, to use his class mechanic.

Gyurza83

Post#6 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:15 am

I believe that the rework will be in the Waagh BO/SM style. The shaman's tactics "run away!" will be taken away and given to AM. Because the squig ALREADY has the same tactics)

Auzor

Post#7 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:10 am

Gyurza83 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:15 am I believe that the rework will be in the Waagh BO/SM style. The shaman's tactics "run away!" will be taken away and given to AM. Because the squig ALREADY has the same tactics)
That's just... sad.
The core thing, is the class mechanic.
And 'run away' is pretty in-character for the gobbo shaman.
Squig Hunter has other mobility tools, imo.

Seriously, that's a terrible change imo.

Gyurza83

Post#8 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:02 pm

Why? The clarification that Waagh does not need a BO, because the choppa has a chop fasta was a top clarification, of course, until 05/28/2021

Ads
wachlarz

Post#9 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:00 pm

Gyurza83 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:15 am I believe that the rework will be in the Waagh BO/SM style. The shaman's tactics "run away!" will be taken away and given to AM. Because the squig ALREADY has the same tactics)
Wl have pet, so because of this shaman will have a pet ? xd

Gyurza83

Post#10 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:50 pm

wachlarz wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:00 pm Wl have pet, so because of this shaman will have a pet ? xd
it's hyperlogical!