Recent Topics

Ads

Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Caduceus

Re: Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

Post#51 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:16 am

Channeled AoE abilities were limited to the strongest instance only, because stacking them would break the game.

Stacking BHA leads to the exact same situation, and predictably it is breaking the game.

There is no mystery here.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Justina

Post#52 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:14 am

Littleone wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:41 am Decorate it as you like but a dot ticking 1.6k is not something normal. Having 4 of them on you simply serves as an oil effect. There is a design mistake on this ability. The dmg of the tick multiplies with each stack. So while 2x BHA crits for 800 and 3x for 1.6k. This craziness must be fixed.
Don't spread false information here. BHA is not ticking for 1.6k.

3x BHA usually ticks around 200-600. In some rare cases you might get a 1k tick but that's on very squishy targets with damage boost and armor debuff. On the other hand there are also tanks and guarded WEs or maras where it ticks for pretty much nothing. One hot can counter it.

Post screenshots. That 1.6k is for sure a lie or a one in a million tick.

Onigokko0101

Post#53 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:59 pm

Justina wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:14 am
Littleone wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:41 am Decorate it as you like but a dot ticking 1.6k is not something normal. Having 4 of them on you simply serves as an oil effect. There is a design mistake on this ability. The dmg of the tick multiplies with each stack. So while 2x BHA crits for 800 and 3x for 1.6k. This craziness must be fixed.

3x BHA usually ticks around 200-600. In some rare cases you might get a 1k tick but that's on very squishy targets with damage boost and armor debuff. On the other hand there are also tanks and guarded WEs or maras where it ticks for pretty much nothing. One hot can counter it.

WTF is this. I get more then 200-600 as a full Merc fresh 40 SW.
A full BiS SW is going to be getting ~900 non-crit on non-tanks with 3x
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Winry

Post#54 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:12 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:59 pm

How about you show us some proof instead of throwing numbers around.

Littleone

Post#55 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:21 pm

I have some SSs on my computer but I am currently out of city at the moment. I will post it on Saturday when get back.

Caduceus

Post#56 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:45 pm

SWs outdps Slayers these days. It's mental. Maybe they should give SW backlash mechanic. :lol:
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Mepiff

Post#57 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:51 pm

Winry wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:12 pm

https://youtu.be/vIQvBcwio14?t=316

Seems to be a healthy mix or spiral fletched critting for 700+ and broadhead cleave in this video, HOWEVER the problem isnt the damage its that it never stops scaling with increasing amount of shadow warriors

Justina

Post#58 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:25 pm

Mepiff wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:51 pm

Seems to be a healthy mix or spiral fletched critting for 700+ and broadhead cleave in this video, HOWEVER the problem isnt the damage its that it never stops scaling with increasing amount of shadow warriors
So what's the problem? I don't see any damage that can't be done with any other class like magus, engi, bw, sorc, slayer, choppa, mara, WL, ...

It's just a dot and you have to apply it 3 times to get even noticable damage numbers. A dot that does pretty much zero damage on tanks or guarded targets, can be cleansed and gets blocked and evaded a lot. Sure it can be stacked but a lot of things can be stacked. Stack a couple of slayers and everything will die even quicker.

That's the way it is. It's a aoe spam fest. Not only from SWs.

You might not like it that way but we don't like your aoe knock downs, pulls and jumping meatballs either.
Last edited by Justina on Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
agemennon675

Post#59 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:26 pm

Mepiff wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:51 pm

There is not a single damaging number that does more dmg than say a BW SL WL will do, and all dmg done by any dps goes up as you get more dps, 2 maras will do twice the dmg of 1 mara ? I dont get the pattern here, people annoyed by seeing 3x BHA ? Biggest BHA crit on that video was 360 and it was a crit
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Littleone

Post#60 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:18 pm

Feel free to compare SH dot damage (both yer bleeding and rotten arrrer 65ft crited for 300 XD) to SW one...
Lets not forget SW free casts BHA from 100ft when aoe tactic is not slotted...