Recent Topics

Ads

The BOs!!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
ZillaT

The BOs!!

Post#1 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:49 pm

Anyway to do this?? This is a new account yes, but Ive brought this up many times past and also submitted a topic to get it discussed, but it just kind of died.

Since Im back in the game and the BOs are in the same state as when I left, I feel the need to bring it up again, because I actually do enjoy the game and want to see it better.

I hope this isnt a wasted attempt like in the past and maybe something can be met halfway on it?

The problem with BOs is they dont lock, they are too easily traded. Why cant BOs be like little siege battles?

How BOs should work.
BOs should have a minimum 25 minute lock timer.
BOs should take 15minutes to lock.
BOs should have a long capture time, (right click to capture BO, 30sec).
BOs should grant resource points on lock.
BOs locking should restore 25% door/lord health.
BOs take on the aspect of resources, with much greater effects.
Additional rules can be added to BOs to make them behave like PQs.

We should have to fight over BOs just like a keep, BOs should play a vital role in the map.
There is nothing wrong with BOs locking for a short time, but it needs to be long enough to encourage fighting other places.
And also to allow fighting to split to a different BO, when it becomes open for capture.
Especially if locking BOs is the main way to level up/repair. Fights will NEED! to happen over BOs.
Trading BOs has been active long enough in the game now.. Can we fight over them? Can they have more importance..

Ads
Vri

Re: The BOs!!

Post#2 » Mon May 31, 2021 5:53 am

ZillaT wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:49 pm This is a new account yes, but Ive brought this up many times past...

ZillaT

Re: The BOs!!

Post#3 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:13 am

I mean, there isnt any action on BOs..
You get them to level up a keep, thats about it. Random fights happen around the zone when zergs collide, but there isnt really any fighting over them.

If BOs contributed towards resource points that would make them more important.
Arnt BOs suppose to split the keep defense/attack?
There isnt really any fighting anywhere, untill a keep defense happens.
BOs are just like, whatever for the most part.

I figured the response here would be something about how BOs locking IS BAD.
Well ok, make BOs contribute towards resource in a significant way. RvR is like a headless chicken.
If there is a zerg on the keep, it would make them go to BOs more. If BOs had a more significant role in door\lord repair.

Keep sieges have become one sided. People sit and wait to be attacked, or zones are changed instantly once there is decent defense. Most keep takes happen when the other side has aao. If BOs were connected with resource and how it influences the keep, it could help make all of this better.
They dont have to lock, but that would also give an idea of where to go in the zone to fight, if siege isnt happening.

There are scenarios that could work like BOs in general, gromgril crossing, logrins forge are good examples. Plus the addition of substantial resource gain on securing(locking) BOs, would drastically change things.
Whats the problem with any of this?